EMPortal.info Forum Index The Gateway to Electronic Music
Navigation  •   Portal  •   Forum  •   Profile  •   Search  •   SmartFeed  •   Register  •   Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

Music you have recently bought

Naus
One of the Coolest Member

netherlands.gif

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 6:24 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

« GrahamH » wrote:
« Naus » wrote:

Ahh.... I forgot this was being released today.

I've always had a soft spot for Depeche Mode that goes right back to Violator...

Any thoughts on the new album so far Naus?

Been a fan since the eighties.
I've only listened to it once, first impression is good, it's quite electronic again, which I like.

OfflineView user's profileSend private message    
GrahamH
Cool Member

scotland.gif

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 7:06 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

« Naus » wrote:
« GrahamH » wrote:
« Naus » wrote:

Ahh.... I forgot this was being released today.

I've always had a soft spot for Depeche Mode that goes right back to Violator...

Any thoughts on the new album so far Naus?

Been a fan since the eighties.
I've only listened to it once, first impression is good, it's quite electronic again, which I like.

Thanks, that sounds promising.

I'll check it out later this evening, but will probably go for the single disc edition rather than the double as Depeche Mode remixes never really appeal to me....

Vignoble @ Co.
Site Admin

blank.gif

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 7:51 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Klaus Schulze || Dune (1979)

on CD...

https://twitter.com/emportal

OfflineView user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's website    
thirdsystem

blank.gif

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:25 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

« Rapsodies » wrote:
« thirdsystem » wrote:

Possibly the greatest album of all time Wink

Yes - Close to the Edge . The Steve Wilson (of Porcupine Tree fame) remix. Difficult to get hold of this version now. The new stereo mix is excellent great clarity in the vocals and instrumentation. Possibly even an improvement on the original.

I will listen to the Blu Ray 5.1 surround at the weekend and possibly completely and utterly blow my mind Smile

The first Yes album I ever heard and still my favourite nowadays. I even like it better than Relayer, which I do consider as a masterpiece of the genre, though.

Between Close to the Edge and Topographic for my favourite, although Going For The One comes close.

I like Relayer very much also. Here's a thing........ ever since my kids were tiny wee tots I always put on Relayer , specifically "To Be Over" when they opened there presents at Christmas. I suppose it has a bit of a Christmas feel to it, beautiful piece. Anyhow, this continues right up to the present day, 20 + years later. I think they actually like Relayer now as it is engrained in their psyche . Even asked if I was putting it on this year Smile Cool

Vignoble @ Co.
Site Admin

blank.gif

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 6:12 am    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

The Who || Quadrophenia (1973)

on CD...

Vignoble @ Co.
Site Admin

blank.gif

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 2:48 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Yes || Yesshows (1980)

on CD...

BruecknerAmbient

germany.gif

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:43 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

['ramp], doombient 5 - Kalte Sterne

Shane Morris, Equinox

OfflineView user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's website    
Vignoble @ Co.
Site Admin

blank.gif

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:56 am    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Earth & Fire || Song of the Marching Children (1971)

on vinyl...

BruecknerAmbient

germany.gif

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:29 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Sabled Sun, 2145

Last edited by BruecknerAmbient on Thu Mar 23, 2017 4:01 pm; edited 1 time in total

VCO1

netherlands.gif

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:33 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Klaus Schulze - Picture Music
Klaus Schulze - Blackdance
Brian Eno - Reflection

Vignoble @ Co.
Site Admin

blank.gif

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 4:01 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Klaus Schulze || Dig It (1980)

on CD...

BruecknerAmbient

germany.gif

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 8:11 am    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

« VCO1 » wrote:
(...)

« Vignoble @ Co. » wrote:
Klaus Schulze || Dig It (1980)

on CD...

Wink

VCO1

netherlands.gif

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:17 am    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

« BruecknerAmbient » wrote:
« VCO1 » wrote:
(...)

Wink

I'm not a big Schulze fan but I must say that I like these records more than his later music. Even more than - let's say - Timewind or Mirage. These records have a certain 'freshness' and don't have the endless noodlings that Schulze is (in)famous for. So I was pleasantly surprised by both Picture Music and Blackdance. Still on my list: Cyborg and Irrlicht.

BruecknerAmbient

germany.gif

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:16 am    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

« VCO1 » wrote:
I'm not a big Schulze fan but I must say that I like these records more than his later music. Even more than - let's say - Timewind or Mirage. These records have a certain 'freshness' and don't have the endless noodlings that Schulze is (in)famous for. So I was pleasantly surprised by both Picture Music and Blackdance. Still on my list: Cyborg and Irrlicht.

I can see what You mean (even if I, for one, indeed prefer Timewind, Mirage and some others - noodling or not...).

I think both albums still have a distinct Krautrock vibe about them; of these two, I personally prefer "Picture Music" (...especially "Totem" never fails to pull me in a pleasant quasi-meditative mood).
As for "Blackdance", I quite like the original A-Side of it; however I must admit that "Voices of Syn" is one of the few KS tracks that I really struggle to get into; it's conceptually an interesting attempt (and an early example of his classical leanings) but I don't really think the marriage of elements works succesfully here.

Which editions did You buy, btw.? In case of "Blackdance", the bonus tracks on the ReVisited Records edition are particularily interesting, to my taste at least (almost better than the actual album, except for "Ways of Change".).

I also remember that Steven Wilson (who I think has some understanding of music) is rather fond of "Blackdance" as well (which actually surprised me - but also made me revisiting the album again...).

As for KS' first two albums, while I quite like those, too ("Irrlicht" slightly more than "Cyborg") I think they are still more heavily psychedelic / experiemental affairs which, hm: one has to appreciate to like them (or vise versa Wink ).

VCO1

netherlands.gif

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:38 am    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

« BruecknerAmbient » wrote:
Which editions did You buy, btw.? In case of "Blackdance", the bonus tracks on the ReVisited Records edition are particularily interesting, to my taste at least (almost better than the actual album, except for "Ways of Change".).

I bought the MIG versions. Those were the only ones that were easily available.

Jump to:   

Show permissions

© 2007-2016 EMPortal.info
Original logo design by Kimmo Heikkilä

CrackerTracker © 2004 - 2017 CBACK.de