EMPortal.info Forum Index The Gateway to Electronic Music
Navigation  •   Portal  •   Forum  •   Profile  •   Search  •   SmartFeed  •   Register  •   Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

Kevin Braheny - Lullaby for the Hearts of Space

Bert
One of the Coolest Member

netherlands.gif

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 8:57 pm    Kevin Braheny - Lullaby for the Hearts of Space Reply with quoteBack to top

from Kevin's blog:

Lullaby for the Hearts of Space is being restored and will be re-released. All the original tape masters and safety copies of this piece had disintegrated due to a faulty emulsion formula on Ampex 456. (You recording engineers know what I

OfflineView user's profileSend private message    
Alvaro

spain.gif

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 6:22 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Great news!

It's a truly space music classic. I only hope Kevin won't "tangentize" the recording Very Happy

Bert

netherlands.gif

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 1:08 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

the remaster is done;
Kevin is looking into releasing the classic album privately (physical & dl) in due time, so fingers crossed.

betawave
Very Cool Member

usa.gif

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 2:28 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

« Bert » wrote:
the remaster is done;
Kevin is looking into releasing the classic album privately (physical & dl) in due time, so fingers crossed.

How many years has he been telling everyone he's going to re-release this cd?

Ill believe it when its in my cd player in the meantime I have an excellent digitized cassette copy on my hard drive. This is a crucial release in the space music genre of music and should have been released in the 1990s. Its not berlin school and its not for anyone wanting pretty melodies instead what an open ear gets is am audio treasure trove of improvised heartfelt music on vintage analog equipment. It really is a diamond in the rough.

A real shame artists drag their proverbial feet re-releasing music fans really want.

Bert please keep us in the loop when the is actually available!!

HiddenView user's profileSend private message    
iSpace

blank.gif

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2016 8:46 am    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Any news on this re-release? I just sent Kevin an email. My first email enquiring about it was 10 years ago!
iSpace

blank.gif

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 7:40 am    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

No news? I haven't been able to get a reply from Kevin via email. Does anyone else have regular contact with him?
Hans

belgium.gif

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 9:51 am    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

You could try to reach him on Facebook, not sure if he is active there. Look for Kevin Braheny Fortune.
HiddenView user's profileSend private message    
Bert

netherlands.gif

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 7:21 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

I have no news from Kevin but will give it another shot;
so fingers crossed.

Bert

netherlands.gif

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 7:02 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Both Valley Entertainment & Kevin confirmed to me the current release date for Kevin Braheny’s "Lullaby for the Hearts of Space" is June 16th.....

iSpace

blank.gif

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:23 am    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

That is wonderful news, made my day. I wonder if there will be a bonus track? I hope that this album gets exposure to a new generation of electronic music fans & gets Kevin some much deserved attention.
Bert

netherlands.gif

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 6:51 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

again taken from the labels press-sheet:

Lullaby for the Hearts of Space”, composed in 1980, has yet to be released on disc. Previously only available on cassette, this remastered edition will see its first ever digital and CD release. As a result, the album has been long sought after. Featuring two tracks, “Lullaby for the Hearts of Space” showcases live improvisation.

Musician Kevin Braheny Fortune is set to release his highly anticipated album. “Lullaby for the Hearts of Space” (to be released on June 16th, 2017 on Hearts of Space Records) is based on a live performance for Hearts of Space Radio. Featuring improvised tracks, “Lullaby for the Hearts of Space” has become one of the most sought-after ambient recordings of the era.

Kevin detailed the creation of his upcoming album:

“Nothing was pre-set. My creative process had been improvisation based upon a kind of feedback with dancers, and aliveness that we cycled between us. Having built the instrument, I was extremely facile in creating sound from nothing and responding quickly to the energetic shifts in the room. On this day however, I was getting nowhere.

I began the soft sounds that ushered in the twilight, and the motif that would define the harmony of the piece. Picking up my soprano sax, I turned toward the mic and control room window and was somewhat startled to see wall-to-wall people pressed up against the glass watching and listening. I felt connected to the sounds, the people, the wave of energy, and that thirty minutes of music felt timeless.”

“Lullaby for the Hearts of Space” is available from retailers, gift shops, and online music outlets in all physical and digital formats:
Valley Entertainment: http://bit.ly/Lullaby4HOS
Hearts of Space Records Bandcamp: http://bit.ly/KevinBrahenyFortune
iTunes: http://bit.ly/LullabyHOS
Soundcloud: http://bit.ly/LullabyforHOS
Amazon: http://bit.ly/KevinBrahenyLullaby

Alvaro

spain.gif

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 9:21 am    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Therefore no extra music in this release? Rolling Eyes

Bert

netherlands.gif

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 9:43 am    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

no, there isn't...

Starwalker

usa.gif

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 3:24 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks for info Bert, look fwd to that.
HiddenView user's profileSend private messageSend e-mail    
VCO1

netherlands.gif

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 6:00 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Ordered. And according to the mail I received today it's on its way.
OfflineView user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's website    

Jump to:   

Show permissions

© 2007-2016 EMPortal.info
Original logo design by Kimmo Heikkilä

CrackerTracker © 2004 - 2017 CBACK.de