EMPortal.info Forum Index The Gateway to Electronic Music
Navigation  •   Portal  •   Forum  •   Profile  •   Search  •   SmartFeed  •   Register  •   Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

some ['ramp] and Parsick news

dronescape
musical thief & thoroughly bad guy

blank.gif

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 11:09 am    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi all,

in order to celebrate ['ramp]'s 21st anniversary this month (for some reason I believe in the magic of three times seven...) I decided to make the first two albums available as digital downloads.

"nodular" was released in 1998, and you might have guessed already what the pun in the title refers to. It's heavily sequencer-based music firmly rooted in what is commonly called "Berlin School" -- I still am amazed at the sequencing in the title track, and it's nearly twenty years old:

https://ramp1.bandcamp.com/album/nodular

"frozen radios" was the second album by ['ramp], released in 2000. It carries on where "nodular" left off. If at all, it's even edgier and rawer in its approach to sequencing and sound design:

https://ramp1.bandcamp.com/album/frozen-radios

Many people still have fond memories of the main sequencer rig crashing halfway through the concert where "damage / dissolution" was recorded...

More is to come, stay tuned.

Enjoy, and thanks for purchasing,

Stephen.

HiddenView user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's website    
waveman2.3
Even more Cool Member

netherlands.gif

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 10:32 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Thank you very much Stephen, in order to collect everything that exists from you, many freaks out there are happy with this message ! Hope to see you soon in the chat as "ppgwave 2" cheers with the beers Smile
OfflineView user's profileSend private message    
BruecknerAmbient
One of the Coolest Member

germany.gif

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 1:06 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

« dronescape » wrote:
Hi all,

in order to celebrate ['ramp]'s 21st anniversary this month (for some reason I believe in the magic of three times seven...) I decided to make the first two albums available as digital downloads.

WOW! Shocked Great news indeed, thanks a lot, Stephen! Can't wait to finally get my ears on these albums - purchase is imminent!

OfflineView user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's website    
dronescape

blank.gif

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:10 am    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

« waveman2.3 » wrote:
Thank you very much Stephen, in order to collect everything that exists from you, many freaks out there are happy with this message ! Hope to see you soon in the chat as "ppgwave 2" cheers with the beers Smile

Thanks John Smile. Hope to make some people happy this way.

Speaking of which, does anybody know what this album is all about? It seems to be a hoax:

https://www.discogs.com/ramp-Industrial-Scapes/release/9537763

I have absolutely no clue what this might be.

Stephen

waveman2.3
Even more Cool Member

netherlands.gif

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:40 am    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Found it on a russian site who is fully loaded with virus and other not wanted stuff, so no link here Stephen. It's from 2006
Alvaro

spain.gif

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 5:56 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

« dronescape » wrote:
Speaking of which, does anybody know what this album is all about? It seems to be a hoax:

https://www.discogs.com/ramp-Industrial-Scapes/release/9537763

I have absolutely no clue what this might be.

Stephen

That's correct, it's a hoax. That russian site is loaded with a lot of "irregular" Rolling Eyes stuff, like some Steve Roach live recordings (which of course they aren't)

dronescape

blank.gif

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:29 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

I would love to hear it.

If only once, that is.

Thanks for the info.

Stephen

modulator_esp

uk.gif

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:54 am    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

I have a vague recollection of having this on CDR, from the dim and distant past...

dronescape

blank.gif

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:44 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks waveman2.3 I now have the audio files which help me to assign the music to some recordings:

CD1 features excerpts from the "nodular" album ("intrip" and the assembled first set of the Marl concert of August 1997). The Marl concert section is the raw version, not the one that ended up on the album (remixed by Cosmic Hoffmann). It contains the PE-2000 section that was later omitted thanks to an obtrusive 60Hz hum (around the 9:00 mark).

CD2 contains an improvised recording from, I think, November 1998, called "dark ambient control" (which I have never released elsewhere because it's sub-standard and by no means representative of what I would normally approve of). Definitely something to be left in the drawers and forgotten about.

I have a vague idea where these recordings originate from...

Hartstikke bedankt voor de moeite, John!

Stephen

waveman2.3
Even more Cool Member

netherlands.gif

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:46 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Told you before..... collecting everything that exists Very Happy
Alvaro

spain.gif

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:00 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Most of the Steve Roach "live" recordings available in that russian web are just excerpts from studio albums, loaded with a lot of reverb and lo-fi quality or bitrates. Just to seem true live recordings. A horrible thing, IMHO.

Jump to:   

Show permissions

© 2007-2016 EMPortal.info
Original logo design by Kimmo Heikkilä

CrackerTracker © 2004 - 2017 CBACK.de