EMPortal.info Forum Index The Gateway to Electronic Music
Navigation  •   Portal  •   Forum  •   Profile  •   Search  •   SmartFeed  •   Register  •   Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

Dark Side of the Moog reissues

jmj713
Even more Cool Member

usa.gif

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 12:40 am    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Got my third box today! Really enjoying the bonus disc, the Live in Hamburg stuff.
OfflineView user's profileSend private message    
jmj713
Even more Cool Member

usa.gif

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 12:26 am    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

A few of the other upcoming reissues popped up on Amazon.de:

Time Actor (April 28, 2017): https://www.amazon.de/dp/B01BU30910/

Ion & Andromeda (June 30, 2017): https://www.amazon.de/dp/B01GIUNKOI/

Also, some other previous reissues.

Starwalker
One of the Coolest Member

usa.gif

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 12:56 am    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Hope those show up on amazon US soon
HiddenView user's profileSend private messageSend e-mail    
xxx440Hz
Even more Cool Member

uk.gif

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 12:46 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

« jmj713 » wrote:
Got my third box today! Really enjoying the bonus disc, the Live in Hamburg stuff.

This is a real unreleased track isn't it?

jmj713
Even more Cool Member

usa.gif

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 11:36 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Yes, as far as I know. Really good, too.
thirdsystem

scotland.gif

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 4:17 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Have played all three boxes several times now. Massive amount of music to digest as I only had one of these albums due to concentrating on other FAX series.

Superb series of albums, wonderful music that I am still digesting. Highly recommend these boxes to anyone interested in FAX and into ambient.

This is what I wrote on the FAX forum about the Hamburg track on first listening , for those interested in this rare piece of music...

Track 1 is a dubby, chill out track with some spacey elements. Track 2 is a bit if a beast! and a mix of styles. Some experimental and ambient sections. Aspects of both artists solo work obvious. Possibly Timewind/Dune for Schulze. There is a real cracking section early on that is reminiscent of Solarized , great stuff from Pete. Then a Berlin School sequencer section and into some real heavy dance style beats ( which I found a tad challenging) . Very interesting bonus music.

Anyone attend this Hamburg gig ? Be interested to hear about it.

BruecknerAmbient

germany.gif

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:28 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

« thirdsystem » wrote:
Superb series of albums, wonderful music that I am still digesting. Highly recommend these boxes to anyone interested in FAX and into ambient.

Yep! Mr. Green

« thirdsystem » wrote:
Anyone attend this Hamburg gig ? Be interested to hear about it.

I - sadly - missed it (and could kick myself for it still). But I once met someone who attended it - but it escapes me who it was (probably German musician Hagen von Bergen). I'll forward the question in the KS group on FB, probably that will yield some answers...

OfflineView user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's website    
thirdsystem

scotland.gif

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 1:19 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Cheers Michael, Be interested to hear of that gig in the great city of Hamburg.

Considerable years before I discovered FAX , otherwise I would definitely have been there.

jonnyj

blank.gif

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2016 3:17 am    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Good news all around. I like the First Dark Of The Moog the best but I really like 2 and 3 a lot also. I Have I-V original CD's. Looks like I got some shopping to do. I also really like the two FAX compilations I have from 1994 and 1995.
jmj713
Even more Cool Member

usa.gif

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2016 1:54 am    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

https://jeeves.blogger.de/stories/2615995/

The December edition of our THE KS CIRCLE (issue # 232) was just posted. This time it's a few days earlier as usual. For reasons.

Two dozen members have already renewed their membership for the coming year and they will find an unannounced free CD-R inside their CIRCLE copy.

The remaining CD-Rs (21 copies) will be added to the January edition, for those twenty-one who will renew next (with a letter, as usual). No reservations. First come first served. And: what's gone is gone.

I wonder if these tracks from the Circle CD-Rs will ever be publicly released on these various reissues. I'm sure there have been a few over the years which have not been made available. If anyone has copies to share, do let me know, though Smile

xxx440Hz
Even more Cool Member

uk.gif

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2016 11:56 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Yes, please keep us posted....
jmj713
Even more Cool Member

usa.gif

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 5:03 am    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

« jmj713 » wrote:
A few of the other upcoming reissues popped up on Amazon.de:

Time Actor (April 28, 2017): https://www.amazon.de/dp/B01BU30910/

Ion & Andromeda (June 30, 2017): https://www.amazon.de/dp/B01GIUNKOI/

Also, some other previous reissues.

Looks like these may have been pushed back? No dates anymore.

Jump to:   

Show permissions

© 2007-2019 EMPortal.info
Original logo design by Kimmo Heikkilä

CrackerTracker © 2004 - 2020 CBACK.de