EMPortal.info Forum Index The Gateway to Electronic Music
Navigation  •   Portal  •   Forum  •   Profile  •   Search  •   SmartFeed  •   Register  •   Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

Klaus Schulze: Eternal

jmj713
Even more Cool Member

usa.gif

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:38 pm    Klaus Schulze: Eternal Reply with quoteBack to top

https://klaus-schulze.com/disco/1b71et.htm

Surprised there's not more of a discussion, but I did see there was a thread in the news section. Looking forward to having "Schrittmacher" on an official KS disc.

OfflineView user's profileSend private message    
xxx440Hz
Even more Cool Member

uk.gif

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:32 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

I'd really prefer really new stuff, like L'Invenzione degli Angeli
http://klaus-schulze.wikia.com/wiki/L%27INVENZIONE_DEGLI_ANGELI_(2003)

BruecknerAmbient
One of the Coolest Member

germany.gif

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:20 am    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Ah yes - that... Well, there was *some* discussion, wasn't it?

Anyway, there had been more if it had been a really new album, I guess... Rolling Eyes

I think I'll purchase it at some point, although I feel that I already have this music since years (in spite of some "new studio versions" here).

OfflineView user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's website    
Starwalker

usa.gif

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:23 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Michael wonder if Ion will get a proper release? was looking fwd to that.
HiddenView user's profileSend private messageSend e-mail    
BruecknerAmbient

germany.gif

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:33 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

« Starwalker » wrote:
Michael wonder if Ion will get a proper release? was looking fwd to that.

As far as I can see, the original "Ion" is included in the bonus CD of "Eternal".

Therefore, I doubt if it will also be released on it's own later (but who knows; wouldn't be the first time these guys make me wonder... Rolling Eyes )

The other old promotional CD, "Andromeda", still is not re-released though; maybe they are going to do something with *that* instead.

Anyway, we know so little. Wink

Starwalker

usa.gif

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:51 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

I thought andromeda was the short one and ion was longer? doesnt look like the complete version of the one isnt going to be on Eternal

Just looked Ion is like 57 mins plus it looks like, so im seeing all of its not on Eternal

HiddenView user's profileSend private messageSend e-mail    
jmj713
Even more Cool Member

usa.gif

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:21 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

The Ion/Andromeda was supposed to be released as a standalone album but looks like it now won't be: https://www.amazon.de/dp/B01GIUNKOI/

The whole Andromeda (2003) and Ion (2004) thing is confusing. The times given for the two tracks on Eternal (Ion/Andromeda 16:07 and Andromeda: The Grand Trance 41:09) match what was on the Ion promo released in 2004. But then you have the Andromeda promo from 2003, which was also released as "Constellation Andromeda" on the reissue of Dreams.

electrobs

sweden.gif

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:55 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi guys! I am back a little bit ... if i may ...

So, i've checked kdm's The Works also and there he wrote that the first disc was indeed composed in 2007 and it was planned as a bonus disc for Kontinuum!

Track 1 on disc 2 is a clear thing. Tracks 2 & 3 are indeed the original Ion from 2004.
The first part (as The Ion Perspective) appeared on the re-release of Le Moulin de Daudet also. The second part is a long remix of Andromeda. I think that no one knows which was the original Andromeda, but there are 3 versions - the "original" from 2003, a slightly remixed version, which appeared on the really f**ked-up (sorry:) re-release version of Dreams and this 41 minutes long version from Ion.
So, we have the original Ion here.
The "original" Andromeda with the original Ion didn't fit on one CD, because they are around 82 minutes together, but the "original" Andromeda fits perfect with the original Thank You!(around 79:50 minutes) - maybe we will have this release as a bonus disc to the next solo Schulze album.
Anyway, we knew now that there is also a long version of Chinese Ears (about 14 minutes instead of 10) which appeared on the rerelease of Virtual Outback, so if they want to use this version, then Thank You! will not fit together with the "original" Andromeda on an 80 minutes disc.
Total chaos here!

BruecknerAmbient

germany.gif

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 1:02 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

« electrobs » wrote:
Total chaos here!

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Indeed. Well, it seems MIG is desperate to find any suitable material for the release, and somehow cobbled together something that would in some way justify the announcement of a "new" album. *Sigh*

It's a bit of a pity they couldn't come up with something more dignified for the occasion, then again there might be some new listeners who probably welcome the release of this material; I fear however that mostly long-term Schulze collectors remain to take notice of what is going on at all...

Confused

electrobs

sweden.gif

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 5:55 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

electrobs

sweden.gif

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:03 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

I received the CD today Sad

Very f**cking dissapointing!

Sorry Dear Administrators, but is outrageous!

I will began with the positive thing: the booklet (in german and english) written by Ecki Stieg, which says nothing new things about KS. Very, very general and wel-known things (like friendly, has humour, living in the middle of a forest, his musically big etc. etc.). Oh, and one, musically, very important thing: they mert first in 1996 and ate sausages and drank beer together - very, very important!
The Big negative thing: NO (like NO) new material here.
Disc 1 Tr 1 is Rhodes Violin without violin, Tr. 2 is Last Move at Osnabrück (composed in 2007 - yeah, surely:), Tr. 3 is also a known track from the last 15-17 years, but i don't remember now which one.
Disc 2 - You already know.

So, if You don't have Ion, You can have it for around 20-22 Euros, otherwise, if You have everything from KS it's a worthless purchase.
I will keep it because i am an idiot collector and i have everything from him on original CDs (but Come Quietly - by the way, someone, who has a plus copy of this for sale?Smile, otherwise i would throw this s**t out on the window!

70th Birthday shame - well done MIG!

BruecknerAmbient

germany.gif

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:05 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

« electrobs » wrote:
Quote:
I received the CD today

Very f**cking dissapointing!

Sorry Dear Administrators, but is outrageous!

I will began with the positive thing: the booklet (in german and english) written by Ecki Stieg, which says nothing new things about KS. Very, very general and wel-known things (like friendly, has humour, living in the middle of a forest, his musically big etc. etc.). Oh, and one, musically, very important thing: they mert first in 1996 and ate sausages and drank beer together - very, very important!
The Big negative thing: NO (like NO) new material here.
Disc 1 Tr 1 is Rhodes Violin without violin, Tr. 2 is Last Move at Osnabrück (composed in 2007 - yeah, surely:), Tr. 3 is also a known track from the last 15-17 years, but i don't remember now which one.
Disc 2 - You already know.

So, if You don't have Ion, You can have it for around 20-22 Euros, otherwise, if You have everything from KS it's a worthless purchase.
I will keep it because i am an idiot collector and i have everything from him on original CDs (but Come Quietly - by the way, someone, who has a plus copy of this for sale?, otherwise i would throw this s**t out on the window!

70th Birthday shame - well done MIG!

O-Oh... Shocked

Actually, in that other thread about this release (posted earlier than this one) we hinted at this already. Just saying... Rolling Eyes

http://www.emportal.info/viewtopic.php?t=11123&highlight=eternal

GrahamH
Even more Cool Member

scotland.gif

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:30 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

I was looking at this one today on Amazon and while the packaging, booklet etc look nice, it is a wee bit disappointing that there's nothing new in this set.....

That said, with the number of re-releases, box sets and bonus tracks over the years there's probably very little, if anything, still left unreleased from the vaults...

It crossed my mind that he might have recorded some new music for this set,
but the fact that he hasn't might suggest he simply can't anymore due to his health.... Sad

I agree, it is a bit sad that this is the best they can come up with for such a landmark birthday.

I won't be buying it, in fact the last new Schulze album I purchased was Big in Japan 7 years ago
and I found that quite disappointing having only watched the included DVD once since I purchased it....

jmj713
Even more Cool Member

usa.gif

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 9:04 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

But this is the first time we have an official full release of the Ion promo, correct? Plus the versions of other tracks on CD1 is still nice to have.
xxx440Hz
Even more Cool Member

uk.gif

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 9:52 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

« jmj713 » wrote:
But this is the first time we have an official full release of the Ion promo, correct? Plus the versions of other tracks on CD1 is still nice to have.

Hmmmm. I'd prefer something really new....

Jump to:   

Show permissions

© 2007-2019 EMPortal.info
Original logo design by Kimmo Heikkilä

CrackerTracker © 2004 - 2020 CBACK.de