EMPortal.info Forum Index The Gateway to Electronic Music
Navigation  •   Portal  •   Forum  •   Profile  •   Search  •   SmartFeed  •   Register  •   Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

Record shops London

closetotheborder
Cool Member

finland.gif

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:09 am    Record shops London Reply with quoteBack to top

I need physical items. So, do you have recommendation of record shops in London? Looking for new ambient & progressive electronica etc. CD's and vinyls.

OfflineView user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's website    
Hans

belgium.gif

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 6:33 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Sadly the largest music store on Oxford street HMV has shut down years ago, they used to stock a lot of hard-to-find and ambient CDs. It is now replaced a by a much smaller store that is not worth visiting. The HMV branch at Westfield shopping is a better option for CD. Fopp at Covent Garden is worth a visit.

For Vinyls you have Rough Trade Records, I recommend the one on Brick Lane. Not sure if Music Exchange is still good, though they mostly sell second hand.

HiddenView user's profileSend private message    
Timanfaya
Cool Member

uk.gif

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:09 am    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Berwick St (off Oxford St) used to be a hotspot. I think Sister Ray and Reckless (2nd hand) are still going, not sure about anyone else though.
OfflineView user's profileSend private message    

Jump to:   

Show permissions

© 2007-2016 EMPortal.info
Original logo design by Kimmo Heikkilä

CrackerTracker © 2004 - 2017 CBACK.de