EMPortal.info Forum Index The Gateway to Electronic Music
Navigation  •   Portal  •   Forum  •   Profile  •   Search  •   SmartFeed  •   Register  •   Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

Music you have recently bought

REWO Records
One of the Coolest Member

netherlands.gif

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 12:37 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

« Audioot » wrote:
« REWO Records » wrote:
« Vignoble @ Co. » wrote:
Electric Light Orchestra || Out of the Blue (1977)

on vinyl...

I have that on too. Bought it 20 years ago on vinyl. Played it once, and I don't like it at all.

Shows that the love of music is a very personal thing ... I have 2 copies on vinyl, 3 on CD, and awaiting the special 40th anniversary picture disc vinyl somewhere next month (its been delayed unfortunately)..

I guess I like it Wink

I also have it on CD (in this special edition of a couple of years ago)

OfflineView user's profileSend private message    
thirdsystem

blank.gif

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 12:27 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

« Audioot » wrote:
« REWO Records » wrote:
« Vignoble @ Co. » wrote:
Electric Light Orchestra || Out of the Blue (1977)

on vinyl...

I have that on too. Bought it 20 years ago on vinyl. Played it once, and I don't like it at all.

Shows that the love of music is a very personal thing ... I have 2 copies on vinyl, 3 on CD, and awaiting the special 40th anniversary picture disc vinyl somewhere next month (its been delayed unfortunately)..

I guess I like it Wink

Great album. Haven't heard it in a few years so on the weekend list.

thirdsystem

blank.gif

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 12:41 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Tangerine Dream - Quantum Gate . Only managed to listen once so far but early impressions are I like it very much. Also received the Sessions disc from the Budapest gig so looking forward to checking that out as the live stream was excellent.

Apparently Quantum gate has entered the Scottish Chart at no 80 and the UK physical chart at no 57 . Blimey Shocked Cool

Jon

norway.gif

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:10 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Tangerine Dream - Quantum Gate (CD)

OfflineView user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's website    
Rapsodies
Even more Cool Member

france.gif

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:42 am    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

« Jon » wrote:

Is it good ? I'd like to buy a copy.

OfflineView user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's website    
BruecknerAmbient

germany.gif

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 4:39 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

« Rapsodies » wrote:
« Jon » wrote:

Of course I can give You only my biased personal opinion Wink but when first everyone seemed to shout "Hallelujah" I also started to be curious, especially after reading some very positive reviews.

When I later heard the album, at first I was (a bit) disappointend, because I couldn't really agree that (as one review said) it was a return to TDs mid-70ies classic style, nor did it seem very "visionary" to me either (like in "Edgar's vision for the future").

Instead, I thought it's very much following the already established line of what TD did - and growingly better so! - during the past ten, or well: maybe five years (whatever). So no big surprises, BUT...

...a lot of quality still - Thorsten is a great and technically skilled composer and arranger, which especially shows when he turns to "cinematic" music. I also love the violin (for my taste, they could even have used it much more).

All in all, there are only a couple of tracks which don't do much to me, and many which are really good (or mixed, like partly so-so and then with some very strong passages) plus two or three which are REALLY outstanding and top notch!

My personal favorites are probably "Roll The Seven Dice" and "Genesis of Precious Thoughts" - really great stuff!

So, I see it as a strong album by the current line-up; if it comes to emulating the classic TD sound of Phaedra, Riccochet etc. - or building on that to something perhaps even more monumental and heavy - other "TD impersonators" have impressed me more (like Perge, Syn, Cosmic Ground, Node or recently also ['ramp], and a few others...).

However, I actually don't think that TD even tried to recrate that sound on the given album...

So, all in all: recommendable, if new music by the new TD is what You're looking for...

Jon

norway.gif

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:59 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

« Rapsodies » wrote:
« Jon » wrote:

Just had the first listen. I really like it, absolutely worth the money. Only a couple so-so tracks, the rest great ones.

Personally, I admit that I miss the sax from time to time - I think it's a pity that it is totally eschewed. The electric guitar could also have been used a bit more, like Jerome and Bernhard Beibl were so good at.

I absolutely don't agree with the ones who would want it to sound even more 70-based. TD of 2017 manages to give us snippets of the 70s, but TD always look forward, and their music sound so much more exciting than those who just put on a 70s sequencer and then go take a shower while it plays.

Starwalker

usa.gif

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:57 am    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Zanov: Moebius
Sequentia Legenda: Blue Dream and Ethereal
Rudolph Heimann: Touch the Sky

HiddenView user's profileSend private messageSend e-mail    
BruecknerAmbient

germany.gif

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:13 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

« Jon » wrote:
...and their music sound so much more exciting than those who just put on a 70s sequencer and then go take a shower while it plays.

LOL - so, that's what You think TD did back in the 70s...? Laughing Laughing Laughing

Jon

norway.gif

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:26 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

« BruecknerAmbient » wrote:
« Jon » wrote:
...and their music sound so much more exciting than those who just put on a 70s sequencer and then go take a shower while it plays.

LOL - so, that's what You think TD did back in the 70s...? Laughing Laughing Laughing

Sometimes it sounded like that, yes.

But then I'm no big fan of pure "Berlin school" music of the 70s. Too simple and repetitive for my taste. For me, TD really got interesting when the 80s started.

BruecknerAmbient

germany.gif

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:06 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

« Jon » wrote:
« BruecknerAmbient » wrote:
« Jon » wrote:

Sometimes it sounded like that, yes.

But then I'm no big fan of pure "Berlin school" music of the 70s. Too simple and repetitive for my taste. For me, TD really got interesting when the 80s started.

Well, to each his own, of course Smile but I guess TD little a little more even back then than just sequences (what about guitar & moog solos, or melotron stuff etc.). Besides - to perform good sequencing can keep you busy and requires expertise, too (especially in the old days of modular patching etc.).

Just saying...

Naus

netherlands.gif

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:20 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

http://din.org.uk/album/fleet-din53

Alvaro

spain.gif

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:24 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

ARC - Fleet
ARC - Arcturus

Vignoble @ Co.
Site Admin

blank.gif

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:38 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Youri Egorov || The master pianist (2008)

on CD....

https://twitter.com/emportal

Vignoble @ Co.
Site Admin

blank.gif

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:54 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Jon & Vangelis || Short Stories (1980)

on CD....

https://twitter.com/emportal

Jump to:   

Show permissions

© 2007-2016 EMPortal.info
Original logo design by Kimmo Heikkilä

CrackerTracker © 2004 - 2017 CBACK.de