EMPortal.info Forum Index The Gateway to Electronic Music
Navigation  •   Portal  •   Forum  •   Profile  •   Search  •   SmartFeed  •   Register  •   Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

Edgar Froese - Force Majeure Autobiography

xxx440Hz
Even more Cool Member

uk.gif

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 1:45 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

And when you read one or 2 pages randomly, what is your feeling? Interesting?
OfflineView user's profileSend private message    
dronescape
musical thief & thoroughly bad guy

blank.gif

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 6:42 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Interesting, erm... grammar and spelling, at least in the German version (I'd rather not picture the translation into English...). Froese definitely stretched the boundaries not only in musical terms.

Seriously, though, I'd have spent another 500 Euros on some proper proof-reading as this tends to look a bit pathetic at times.

In terms of contents, it's surprisingly comprehensive. Was it well worth the wait? Not exactly sure about that (ordered and paid on 7th September 2014). Would I spend 70 quid on it? Most probably not.

Stephen

HiddenView user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's website    
wmri
Cool Member

russia.gif

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:46 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

I've ordered the book 27.01.2014. The waiting continues...
OfflineView user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's website    
Daniel
Even more Cool Member

uk.gif

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:56 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Don't give up...with your cosmic location, Mr Froese might deliver it personally.

My Life has Come

RogerS
Very Cool Member

netherlands.gif

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:44 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

« wmri » wrote:
I've ordered the book 27.01.2014. The waiting continues...

Contact Eastgate that you didn't receive the book

Jon
One of the Coolest Member

norway.gif

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:00 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

I finally received it.

I think the correct title for the book should be "Force Majeure 1967 - 1990".

Seems to be mostly about the 70s and 80s, which is a bit disappointing for a fan like me, who discovered the band in 1991.

But on the other hand...of course I look forward to reading the book.

I sneak-peaked a bit through the book, and found it interesting that Edgar and Franke had a 10 minute meeting in LA in 1989 about further collaboration. After that, they never talked again.

wmri
Cool Member

russia.gif

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:00 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Actually it arrived the day I decided to write about it. I've already had the notice to receive the package, but I didn't know it was it. And it is quite heavy - 1.5 kg I didn't think the book would be large encyclopedia format. Happy to have it!
cyberiad2001
Very Cool Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 9:19 am    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Got mine a week ago...it's HUGE amount of text, a big book in every way. I have read about half of it now and it is very verynteresting read. Of course you have to make the effort to go thru Edgar's a bit "convoulted" style, but all in all very positive surprise. Not too many happy memories, but it has clearly been hard work to keep things moving. Luckily there's a lot of info on band dynamics and it is refreshing to see that Edgar portrays everybody in a way that feels rather honest and human. That doesn't mean that he praises them much, more like everybody gets as direct handling as everybody else Smile. For example Mr. Franke gets a very fair portrayal in my view, just like the others (Jerome, sadly, gets the short end of the stick, though...like does Jollife). But a lots of very detailed info on most tours and albums. Too bad he couldn't finish all sections...i would very much liked to have read similarly detailed stories about the Ohr era and the cathedral tour. But this will have to do. Lots of surprising (for some) info about the musical duties in the band on some key recordings and tours. And now we know why Rheims 1974 sounds a bit hesitant and almost devoid of sequencing...and why RAH 1975 first part doesn't work that well..and...and... Smile.
Cheers, Ami

OfflineView user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's website    
wmri
Cool Member

russia.gif

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 1:01 am    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Looks like no matter that I was as early as January, I'm not in first 500 buyers, so got only short EP. Who has got the album Light Flux along? Original offer included unique compilation that should've been available only to early buyers of book. But both Light Flux album and EP are available to everybody for additional money.

Jump to:   

Show permissions

© 2007-2016 EMPortal.info
Original logo design by Kimmo Heikkilä

CrackerTracker © 2004 - 2017 CBACK.de