EMPortal.info Forum Index The Gateway to Electronic Music
Navigation  •   Portal  •   Forum  •   Profile  •   Search  •   SmartFeed  •   Register  •   Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

Megabyte

Pertou
One of the Coolest Member

blank.gif

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 6:47 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

"My Father Was A Teacher" is a brilliant track.
HiddenView user's profileSend private message    
Jon

norway.gif

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 1:55 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

"Market Wife" (from Kenneth Bager's Music For Dreams 2CD) is also a very cool track. Deep Forest-influenced.

OfflineView user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's website    
Jon

norway.gif

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:13 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Just listened to Powerplay and Go For It on youtube. Sounding great! Reminding me of TD in their Private Music years. I think I have to buy some Megabyte. Are all the albums of high quality?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dXcco-itcuQ

wmri
Very Cool Member

russia.gif

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:29 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Yes, but some of them are a little different, more like Quiet Force or G.E.N.E. also of IC.
I have some for sale: http://www.discogs.com/seller/United.Studios?q=megabyte&btn=Search

Jon

norway.gif

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 7:34 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks, I'll check it out. What would you say is the best compilation album on IC? Interesting that even David Foster shows up on Galaxy Vol 3, with the great Flight Of The Snowbirds. They must have been doing lots of licensing from other labels during that time.

And what was Thilo Rex's death cause?

wmri
Very Cool Member

russia.gif

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:35 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
What would you say is the best compilation album on IC?

I personally like Lunar Landing (1994) about Apollo II. There's a known compilation New Age Music (1986) with two tracks of Robert Schroeder not released anywhere else. There's good water-themed sampler The Coral-Sea (1998) with nice mix of tracks from Software and G.E.N.E.. There are also two compilations called Mystic Millenium Vol. 1-2 (1999-2000), that are ones of latest CDs released by classic IC-team, after some more releases the label lost its creative power in 2003.

Quote:
And what was Thilo Rex's death cause?

I think nobody knows. Not a public topic.

REWO Records

netherlands.gif

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 11:27 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

« Jon » wrote:
Just listened to Powerplay and Go For It on youtube. Sounding great! Reminding me of TD in their Private Music years. I think I have to buy some Megabyte. Are all the albums of high quality?

yes go for it. You won't regret

OfflineView user's profileSend private message    
wmri
Very Cool Member

russia.gif

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 2:12 am    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

I forgot to update all the followers of this topic that mystery around Megabyte was cracked by me and several other guys. You may check Discogs profiles. Both of members are new. I can't confirm their words that they were there from beginning, no sign of their involvement in the Powerplay. Also we found why they can't open their names as composers (their names are written as engineers on all albums) - they were in contract with WEA in synthpop project called Public Affair. There's only one single currently known.

Starwalker

usa.gif

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 2:43 am    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

« Jon » wrote:

Jon ive had Powerplay and Go for It as long as theyve been out, both are SUPERB. I have Crystal Universe, very weak

HiddenView user's profileSend private messageSend e-mail    
Jon

norway.gif

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 4:03 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

« Starwalker » wrote:
« Jon » wrote:

Jon ive had Powerplay and Go for It as long as theyve been out, both are SUPERB. I have Crystal Universe, very weak

I have Go For It now. Good album, I like the sax stuff, reminding me of TD of the late 80s/early 90s.

Starwalker

usa.gif

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 4:54 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

The sax is quite pallable with the music, i like it too.
wmri
Very Cool Member

russia.gif

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 4:58 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

I like album The Cut besides Powerplay. But I'm not very familiar with their music, need to refresh. I have all albums on original CDs. If you need something, let me know - I'll share.

HDS

italy.gif

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:02 am    The mystery of MEGABYTE remains! Reply with quoteBack to top

« wmri » wrote:
I forgot to update all the followers of this topic that mystery around Megabyte was cracked by me and several other guys. You may check Discogs profiles. Both of members are new. I can't confirm their words that they were there from beginning, no sign of their involvement in the Powerplay. Also we found why they can't open their names as composers (their names are written as engineers on all albums) - they were in contract with WEA in synthpop project called Public Affair. There's only one single currently known.

Yes, but the mystery remains.. Both of them, Hans-Dieter Schubert and Al Wonder (real name: Axel Wöhrle) seem are disappeared.
It is weird you can't find any info about them.
There is only a website about Axel Wöhrle, but it is not active: http://www.balsamedia.de
I wrote to him several times, without success...
There is no info about Hans Dieter Schubert.
You can only see them here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5DDlx5DiJ9Y
(Hans Dieter Schubert/Leroy McByte as the singer; Axel Wöhrle/Maxx Mega as the drummer), but that's it.
No website. No Facebook. No images or info about them! Nothing!!
It's a pity and it is so weird...

OfflineView user's profileSend private message    
Starwalker

usa.gif

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:24 am    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Anyone wants to buy Crystal Universe im selling it. Its condition is mint/new, opened but hardly touched.

Jump to:   

Show permissions

© 2007-2018 EMPortal.info
Original logo design by Kimmo Heikkilä

CrackerTracker © 2004 - 2018 CBACK.de