EMPortal.info Forum Index The Gateway to Electronic Music
Navigation  •   Portal  •   Forum  •   Profile  •   Search  •   SmartFeed  •   Register  •   Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

Jarre vs Vangelis

Alvaro
One of the Coolest Member

spain.gif

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 1:57 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Emmm... and why do we have to choose?

Are we going to go to a desert island?

OfflineView user's profileSend private message    
REWO Records

netherlands.gif

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 4:38 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

« Daniel » wrote:
"Rene's Choice".....it's like being asked to choose between air and food... (or Oxygene and Soil Festivities)

LOL. Yes we need both

Jon

norway.gif

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 5:43 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

« Alvaro » wrote:
Emmm... and why do we have to choose?

It's a question. You don't HAVE to answer.

OfflineView user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's website    
Alvaro

spain.gif

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 3:05 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Of course. But I'm talking about why do we have to choose. It's the same with "10 best albums of the year" and that kind of things. You don't HAVE to choose, you CAN listen to Jarre and Vangelis and Klaus Schulze and Schmoelling and AshRa and whoever you want.

Just stop choosing and start listening. It's funnier Wink

cyberiad2001
Very Cool Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 4:36 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

That's true, but i actually find it nice that this is producing some real conversation here, after all Smile

OfflineView user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's website    
REWO Records

netherlands.gif

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:19 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

« cyberiad2001 » wrote:
That's true, but i actually find it nice that this is producing some real conversation here, after all Smile

That's right. Everyone is free to do / to answer.

I was delighted to see that there is some real discussion again here in the forum with more than 4 or so members. I really missed that. Must be FB to blame on that.

skoulaman
Cool Member

netherlands.gif

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:54 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

I was wondered when Oxygen came out, amazing, but later when I heard the Spiral album from Vangelis, I knew for sure, this was the start of my fascination for Em.

OfflineView user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's website    
Jon

norway.gif

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:11 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

« Alvaro » wrote:
Of course. But I'm talking about why do we have to choose. It's the same with "10 best albums of the year" and that kind of things. You don't HAVE to choose, you CAN listen to Jarre and Vangelis and Klaus Schulze and Schmoelling and AshRa and whoever you want.

Just stop choosing and start listening. It's funnier Wink

I disagree. The best albums of the year threads are always a highlight for me and others.

OfflineView user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's website    
electrobs

sweden.gif

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 1:55 am    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

I never liked Oxygène, nor Equinoxe or Magnetic Fields. Never understod what was all that fuss around these albums (really). Actually there are 3 things which i listen regularly from Jarre: The Waiting for Cousteau track, Oxygène 7-13 and Sessions 2000. Two other albums not so regularly: Zoolook and Révolutions. The others are ... nothing for me (yet, i have all of them on my collection).
With Vangelis it’s much easier to name those albums which i don’t listen regularly: the Jon and Vangelis ones (Yes, You’ve guessed: because Jon Andersons voice), Invisible Connections, Hypothesis and El Greco 2007.

GrahamH
Even more Cool Member

scotland.gif

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:08 am    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

« electrobs » wrote:
I never liked Oxygène, nor Equinoxe or Magnetic Fields. Never understod what was all that fuss around these albums (really). Actually there are 3 things which i listen regularly from Jarre: The Waiting for Cousteau track, Oxygène 7-13 and Sessions 2000. Two other albums not so regularly: Zoolook and Révolutions. The others are ... nothing for me (yet, i have all of them on my collection).
With Vangelis it’s much easier to name those albums which i don’t listen regularly: the Jon and Vangelis ones (Yes, You’ve guessed: because Jon Andersons voice), Invisible Connections, Hypothesis and El Greco 2007.

It just shows how tastes vary in music,
Oxygene would without question make it into my top 20 albums of all time,
as would Equinoxe.
IMHO Jarre came close to musical perfection with both of those albums...
Magnetic Fields and Zookook I also rate highly.

Jump to:   

Show permissions

© 2007-2019 EMPortal.info
Original logo design by Kimmo Heikkilä

CrackerTracker © 2004 - 2019 CBACK.de