EMPortal.info Forum Index The Gateway to Electronic Music
Navigation  •   Portal  •   Forum  •   Profile  •   Search  •   SmartFeed  •   Register  •   Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

Planet Jarre

jmj713
Very Cool Member

usa.gif

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 1:01 am    Planet Jarre Reply with quoteBack to top

Very excited for this, even though most of it is previously released. We do get two "new" tracks, but I'm most excited about the Musique pour Supermarché excerpt. Hopefully it's Part 1.
OfflineView user's profileSend private message    
Timanfaya
Cool Member

uk.gif

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:10 am    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

I don't think you're going to get much of an excerpt, it looks like it's one of seven tracks on one side of an LP on the vinyl version.
GrahamH
Even more Cool Member

scotland.gif

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 11:26 am    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Being a long time Jarre fan it's a foregone conclusion that I'll purchase this when it's released.

However the cynical side of me is asking why yet another compilation?

We had Essentials and Rarities in 2011, and Essential Recollection in 2015.

I know there's a few new tracks, a couple of rarities,
and no doubt he'll have tweaked some of the classics, but personally I'd rather just have a new album to be honest.... Rolling Eyes

Just my two cents worth.... Wink

Rapsodies
One of the Coolest Member

france.gif

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 4:36 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

« GrahamH » wrote:
Being a long time Jarre fan it's a foregone conclusion that I'll purchase this when it's released.

and no doubt he'll have tweaked some of the classics, but personally I'd rather just have a new album to be honest.... Rolling Eyes

I entirely agree.

Nevertheless, if a track-per-track purchase is possible on Qobuz, I will certainly buy the Coachella Opening track. Here it is and I like it a lot :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DqizBDwmwKg

OfflineView user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's website    
VCO1

netherlands.gif

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:12 am    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

« GrahamH » wrote:

These could have been my words.

Jon

norway.gif

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 2:46 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

« GrahamH » wrote:

I guess Jean needs a new bathroom.

OfflineView user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's website    
RogerS
Very Cool Member

netherlands.gif

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:26 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

« Rapsodies » wrote:
« GrahamH » wrote:

I entirely agree.

Nevertheless, if a track-per-track purchase is possible on Qobuz, I will certainly buy the Coachella Opening track. Here it is and I like it a lot :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DqizBDwmwKg

That sounds indeed very good.

electrobs

sweden.gif

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 2:56 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

The information which i have says that the Ultimate Box will contain 2 CDs and 2 MCs!!! What the hell? What is Ultimate in this? (OK, you will also get a download card for SOME of the tracks in 5.1)
If Jarre wanted to be freak, he succeded!!! It's really, really ultimate! Sad

GrahamH
Even more Cool Member

scotland.gif

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 5:42 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

« electrobs » wrote:
The information which i have says that the Ultimate Box will contain 2 CDs and 2 MCs!!! What the hell? What is Ultimate in this? (OK, you will also get a download card for SOME of the tracks in 5.1)
If Jarre wanted to be freak, he succeded!!! It's really, really ultimate! Sad

As with Oxygene 3, it'll be the basic CD package for me. Wink

I can understand the current renaissance with vinyl,
but cassettes? I don't get it either.... Rolling Eyes

VCO1

netherlands.gif

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:02 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

« GrahamH » wrote:
I can understand the current renaissance with vinyl(...)

Really!? I think it's commercial bullshit. Another attempt to keep people away from (illegal) downloading and streaming. Weren't we all extremely happy to get rid of the downside of vinyl (hiss, pop, crackle, inconvenience)?
There will always be people who like horse and carriage. But for daily use a car is so much more convenient...

Rapsodies

france.gif

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 9:18 am    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

« VCO1 » wrote:
« GrahamH » wrote:

Really!? I think it's commercial bullshit. Another attempt to keep people away from (illegal) downloading and streaming. Weren't we all extremely happy to get rid of the downside of vinyl (hiss, pop, crackle, inconvenience)?
There will always be people who like horse and carriage. But for daily use a car is so much more convenient...

I agree. For me, the CD is a wonderful invention and I don't want to idealise what was before just because it was before. They'll be touting new brands of gramophones next Rolling Eyes.

dronescape
musical thief & thoroughly bad guy

blank.gif

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 10:46 am    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

« VCO1 » wrote:
« GrahamH » wrote:

Yes and no.

Gatefold sleeves just look wonderful (and since I'm getting older, my vision leaves a bit to be desired), and when mastered and manufactured properly, vinyl can sound quite good. Of course, turning a record over every 20 or so minutes is a bit annoying from time to time.

I for one recently rediscovered buying and listening to vinyl (I even got myself a new turntable... vintage, of course) -- and felt sorry for the huge amount of records I had sold in the past to make Ends meet.

Stephen

HiddenView user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's website    
electrobs

sweden.gif

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 3:14 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

« dronescape » wrote:
« VCO1 » wrote:
« GrahamH » wrote:

Yes and no.

Gatefold sleeves just look wonderful (and since I'm getting older, my vision leaves a bit to be desired), and when mastered and manufactured properly, vinyl can sound quite good. Of course, turning a record over every 20 or so minutes is a bit annoying from time to time.

I for one recently rediscovered buying and listening to vinyl (I even got myself a new turntable... vintage, of course) -- and felt sorry for the huge amount of records I had sold in the past to make Ends meet.

Stephen

A good example by a certain ['ramp] Smile
https://www.discogs.com/ramp-Synchronize-Or-Die/release/11630906

Btw Stephen - were these copies for sale???
https://www.discogs.com/ramp-Synchronize-Or-Die/release/11677562

dronescape
musical thief & thoroughly bad guy

blank.gif

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 6:42 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

« electrobs » wrote:
[...] Btw Stephen - were these copies for sale???
https://www.discogs.com/ramp-Synchronize-Or-Die/release/11677562

Those were the test pressings, there was just a couple of them made for checking the quality of the lacquer cut (five or six, if at all).

Maybe if you ask Andreas, he might have a spare copy?

Stephen

HiddenView user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's website    

Jump to:   

Show permissions

© 2007-2018 EMPortal.info
Original logo design by Kimmo Heikkilä

CrackerTracker © 2004 - 2018 CBACK.de