EMPortal.info Forum Index The Gateway to Electronic Music
Navigation  •   Portal  •   Forum  •   Profile  •   Search  •   SmartFeed  •   Register  •   Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

Vangelis’ new album ‘Nocturne’ to be announced shortly

Vignoble @ Co.
Site Admin

blank.gif

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2018 3:51 pm    Vangelis’ new album ‘Nocturne’ to be announced shortly Reply with quoteBack to top

https://twitter.com/emportal

OfflineView user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's website    
Rapsodies
One of the Coolest Member

france.gif

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2018 5:04 pm    Re: Vangelis’ new album ‘Nocturne’ to be announced sho Reply with quoteBack to top

« Vignoble @ Co. » wrote:

Shocked Shocked Shocked

OfflineView user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's website    
Jon

norway.gif

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2018 1:14 am    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Wow - great news!

OfflineView user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's website    
VCO1

netherlands.gif

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:40 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

I think Bert's review @SonicImmersion summed it up quite adequately. As did one of the comments under the Youtube clip of one of the tracks of this album: it comes close to muzak.
It might as well have been the new album by Richard Clayderman. I'll pass.

klockwerk
Cool Member

usa.gif

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 11:40 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Never saw any 'notice' of this but Amore is out on LP legally. https://www.discogs.com/Vangelis-Papathanassiou-Amore-Musique-Originale-De-Vangelis-Papathanassiou/release/7815129. Just posting to bookmark the fact I'm usually the last to know. Smile Buy it and maybe they will sell enough to put it out on CD.

OfflineView user's profileSend private message    
dronescape
musical thief & thoroughly bad guy

blank.gif

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2019 12:11 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

« klockwerk » wrote:
Never saw any 'notice' of this but Amore is out on LP legally. https://www.discogs.com/Vangelis-Papathanassiou-Amore-Musique-Originale-De-Vangelis-Papathanassiou/release/7815129. Just posting to bookmark the fact I'm usually the last to know. Smile Buy it and maybe they will sell enough to put it out on CD.

The best thing about Amore is the Hammond organ, run through the Binson Echorec -- but then again, this type of sound was used to better effect on Earth and L'apocalypse des animaux.

Stephen

HiddenView user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's website    
klockwerk
Cool Member

usa.gif

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2019 5:55 am    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks dronescape, L'apocalypse is one of my favorite albums. I bought Nocturne and I like it. If you don't expect a synth album it's easier to like. Too sweet, but still, it has it's moments.

OfflineView user's profileSend private message    
VCO1

netherlands.gif

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:24 am    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

« klockwerk » wrote:
Thanks dronescape, L'apocalypse is one of my favorite albums. I bought Nocturne and I like it. If you don't expect a synth album it's easier to like. Too sweet, but still, it has it's moments.

With the enormous amount of music available today "it has its moments" isn't enough anymore. At least not for full price.

Jump to:   

Show permissions

© 2007-2019 EMPortal.info
Original logo design by Kimmo Heikkilä

CrackerTracker © 2004 - 2019 CBACK.de