EMPortal.info Forum Index The Gateway to Electronic Music
Navigation  •   Portal  •   Forum  •   Profile  •   Search  •   SmartFeed  •   Register  •   Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

Chris Franke

Jon
One of the Coolest Member

norway.gif

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 9:20 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

I wonder why he can't do some "proper" music. He has even stopped doing film music.

OfflineView user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's website    
scorpion

blank.gif

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:22 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

I get the feeling that he has retired and is just doing occasional commissioned jobs (like retired people often do). This and the photography - it all seems to carry a leisurely feel rather than a mission to make a living. And if he's got just enough put by to keep him comfortable then I don't blame him.

When I retire I will barely use my graphic design packages and will paint with oils, because despite making a good living as a graphic designer it is the canvas work which gives me the most pleasure now . . . but perhaps I will do the odd freelance design job (and do it well) to help pay for something.

HiddenView user's profileSend private message    
VCO1

netherlands.gif

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2018 1:17 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

« Jon » wrote:
I wonder why he can't do some "proper" music. He has even stopped doing film music.

He's 65. And he probably has enough money to pay the bills. And perhaps his interests have changed over the years too.
I can understand why he stopped doing film music (if he did). That's a really competitive business. And "business" can be taken literally in this case (as in: it's not so much about the artictic value, but more about the money and the ability to deliver the right amount of music on time).

OfflineView user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's website    
scorpion

blank.gif

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2018 9:08 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Agreed. And like Jon I hope that one day he will take a fancy to creating a non-film related album again. Because when he wants to make such an album he does it well. Pacific Coast Highway for me (and I know that this is not a view shared by many EM listeners) was one of the best albums of the 1990s.
Hans

belgium.gif

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2018 6:49 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

I agree on Pacific Coast Highway, it was a bliss when it came out, and remains a favourite of mine.
Jon

norway.gif

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 5:28 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Yes, PCH was a great album.

OfflineView user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's website    
VCO1

netherlands.gif

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 6:11 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

I might be the only one, but I always had a weak spot for The Celestine Prophecy too. And PCH was definitely not bad either.
OfflineView user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's website    
REWO Records

netherlands.gif

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 10:12 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

« Jon » wrote:
Yes, PCH was a great album.

Yes I still like that one a lot.

OfflineView user's profileSend private message    

Jump to:   

Show permissions

© 2007-2019 EMPortal.info
Original logo design by Kimmo Heikkilä

CrackerTracker © 2004 - 2019 CBACK.de