EMPortal.info Forum Index The Gateway to Electronic Music
Navigation  •   Portal  •   Forum  •   Profile  •   Search  •   SmartFeed  •   Register  •   Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

Vintage Stereo equipments

cucamonga
Even more Cool Member

spain.gif

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 6:40 pm    Vintage Stereo equipments Reply with quoteBack to top

Well I don't really consider it like a passion but I love old models stereos.

I like their heavy shape and lights
I like the buttoms, equalizers, hadles, sticks. Much nicer and cool than new models.
But the most important thing is that in my opinion they sounds much better and powerful.

Everything began one night long ago that I found an ampliphier in the street together with some other old furnitures and rubbish. I desided to take it and check because I had the feeling it was still working and whoever threw it away it was just replacing his old model for a brand new one. I was right! Working perfectly and you can't put the volume wheel higher than 3 (from 10) because is already too loud.
Today I still have it, together with 2 more complete stereo systems (record player, radio etc...) all pieces from different places, all for very small cost or completly free.
And they sounds incredible! Very Happy

This is not mine. I just stole the picture from the web Wink

OfflineView user's profileSend private message    
Vignoble @ Co.
Site Admin

blank.gif

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 6:52 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Wow

That is what they call nostalgia

My son uses my "old" equipment (Pioneer amp and two huge Bowers & Wilkins speakers) and it still sounds incredible.

I regret the day I gave them away Wink

https://twitter.com/emportal

OfflineView user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's website    
dlmorley
One of the Coolest Member

blank.gif

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 9:27 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

My setup.
Cambridge A60 amp
Audio Alchemy CD player
Oracle Alexandria Turntable
Rogers JR-149 speakers
Great home setup in my opinion Smile

OfflineView user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's website    
ambientlive

blank.gif

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 11:11 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

My collection ...

(stock pics until I get some actual ones taken)

Armstrong 626 tuner-amp

Marantz 1030 (mine doesn't have the case)

Leak 3020

Armstrong 526 (this is a 525, the 526 adds MW/LW)

Sansui 221 (don't be fooled ...)

REWO Records

netherlands.gif

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2019 1:38 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

I almost started a new topic, but this one is still there.

REWO Records

netherlands.gif

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2019 1:39 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

My stereo equipment is over 20 years, except the CD player that 8 years old and the TEAC turntable of 5 weeks old.

I have a mid-nineties Yamaha AX-892 amplifier with Acoustic Research AR-312HO speakers.

What's yours?

BruecknerAmbient

germany.gif

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2019 3:11 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

« REWO Records » wrote:
My stereo equipment is over 20 years, except the CD player that 8 years old and the TEAC turntable of 5 weeks old.

I have a mid-nineties Yamaha AX-892 amplifier with Acoustic Research AR-312HO speakers.

What's yours?

Well, I still use a Yamaha AX-440, from the early 90s, plus two custom built speakers that I bought second hand from the father of a friend - I think they are from the mid or late 80s. Always thought they sounded quite good.

The rest of my original stereo system - a turntable and cassette deck from the early 90s plus a second hand CD player which may have been from the late 80s, unfortunately all don't work anymore...

These days, I use my laptop to replace the CD player.

We also have a small stereo sound system from around 2005 (a computer system originally with one little subwoofer and two tiny sattelites) by LogiTech which in spite of it's small size sounds surprisingly nice (just the subwoofer is booming too much at some bass frequencies) and that fits nicely in our bookshelf in the living room, so that's actually the one I use most of the time out of convenience. I also have some old no name transportable CD player connected to it.

Hope to buy a new turntable and tape deck some day - then again, other items have more priority...

thirdsystem

scotland.gif

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:09 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Great topic.

My main hifi is still;

NAD 251BEE CD player
Technics SUA 700 mk2 amp
Tannoy Mercury floorstanders
Project Debut turntable
iPod classic on an Onkyo dock

Most of this must be about 18 years old now. I love the sound which is still excellent. Not sure how the system feels about streaming my purchases off bandcamp ( and also Spotify ) through an iPod touch but even that sounds great.

Up in my studio/ office I have moderately old Marantz and Kenwood tunrntables / Pioneer cassette deck through a new Pioneer amp into a pair of 30 year old Wharfedale Crs3 speakers. Still sound great after all these years of Rock and EM blasting through them. Unreal, dont make stuff like that now Wink

Favourite thing -

The Technics

Or the Wharfedales

Seren

wales.gif

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 3:18 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Great topic, nice pics.

I listen on

Technics SL-PS770D Cd Player (1999)

Beresford Bushmaster Dac (2015)

Technics se-a900sm2 / su-c800um2 amplifier (1999)

JMLab Cobalt 816s (about 2001 / 2002)

and Grado SR325si headphones (2011)

I bought the DAC as a headphone amp - but it made a huge difference to the sound out of the speakers as well. When I pulled the headphone socket out and the speakers came on it was a real 'WTF' moment - leading to playing lots and lots of music, initially without being able to finish a track as I would think 'what will that sound like.....'
Sometimes I like to put on the amp light at night and watch those needles move for a real sense of nostalgia - of course after covering the blue LED on the DAC.....

thirdsystem

scotland.gif

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:55 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

« Seren » wrote:
Great topic, nice pics.

Technics se-a900sm2 / su-c800um2 amplifier (1999)

Sometimes I like to put on the amp light at night and watch those needles move for a real sense of nostalgia - of course after covering the blue LED on the DAC.....

Things of extreme beauty !! I recall these amps, and wanted same.

I liked the Technics stuff and still do. They have re issueed the 1200 direct drive turntable and I am sure I read somewhere more Technics hifi is planned. Hope so, especially amps that look (and sound ) like your's Seren Cool I could be very tempted.

dronescape
musical thief & thoroughly bad guy

blank.gif

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:45 am    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Perfectly happy with that old junk.

Stephen

HiddenView user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's website    

Jump to:   

Show permissions

© 2007-2019 EMPortal.info
Original logo design by Kimmo Heikkilä

CrackerTracker © 2004 - 2019 CBACK.de