EMPortal.info Forum Index The Gateway to Electronic Music
Navigation  •   Portal  •   Forum  •   Profile  •   Search  •   SmartFeed  •   Register  •   Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

For the Tangerine Dream experts: a question about a concert.

Daniel
Even more Cool Member

uk.gif

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2019 9:56 pm    For the Tangerine Dream experts: a question about a concert. Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi

Having finally read 'Force Majeure' I had a wistful desire to revisit my TD live concert collection, which was in need of sorting out as it resided both on my PC HD and on a collection of (largely un-listened to) CDRs from the Tree and Leaves era. I was disappointed to find that most of the CDRs had degraded to useless, so I have had to complete my collection via YouTube, which was satisfactory.

I spent a happy few hours cataloguing the concerts by date (what a geek!) but found several I am not sure are true dates. For instance, what concert did (?) Peter say "Settle down...we want now to play some little ..(?Chambourcy)...it is inspired by...I hope you will enjoy it."

Thanks

My Life has Come

OfflineView user's profileSend private message    
dronescape
musical thief & thoroughly bad guy

blank.gif

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2019 11:18 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Chambourcy... hmmmmm, yummy!

Those were little plastic cups filled with chocolate pudding and whipped cream on top. My grandma always had them in her fridge, and when I was visiting her, I was allowed to have one (or sometimes two but don't tell my mum).

Those were the days...

Stephen

HiddenView user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's website    
cyberiad2001
Very Cool Member

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2019 10:34 am    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

That one is the gig at Palais de Sport, Paris Nov. 1976. A great show, as are most of the 1976 ones (in my opinion they peaked as a creative live unit in 1976, 1977 US tour was even better technically, but the show started to be rather set by that time)

Cheers, ami

OfflineView user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's website    
xxx440Hz
Even more Cool Member

uk.gif

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2019 12:49 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

« cyberiad2001 » wrote:
but the show started to be rather set by that time

What do you mean? That it has been rehearsed a high number of time and that the concert was good due to the numerous ones that were already played?

cyberiad2001
Very Cool Member

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2019 2:29 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

« xxx440Hz » wrote:
« cyberiad2001 » wrote:
but the show started to be rather set by that time

What do you mean? That it has been rehearsed a high number of time and that the concert was good due to the numerous ones that were already played?

Less improvised, mostly pre-agreed structure and framework, recurring themes etc... There was surprises and liberties taken within the framework, but the set began to be rather structured... Don't get me wrong, i love their stuff from 1977... But it was beginning of the end for the more adventurous TD. By now you probably have guessed that my interest in TD after 1977 is considerably smaller... Especially as a live band.

OfflineView user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's website    
Jon
One of the Coolest Member

norway.gif

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2019 3:41 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

« dronescape » wrote:
Chambourcy... hmmmmm, yummy!

Those were little plastic cups filled with chocolate pudding and whipped cream on top. My grandma always had them in her fridge, and when I was visiting her, I was allowed to have one (or sometimes two but don't tell my mum).

Those were the days...

Stephen

Thanks for your info.

OfflineView user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's website    
Daniel
Even more Cool Member

uk.gif

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2019 8:40 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

« cyberiad2001 » wrote:
That one is the gig at Palais de Sport, Paris Nov. 1976. A great show, as are most of the 1976 ones (in my opinion they peaked as a creative live unit in 1976, 1977 US tour was even better technically, but the show started to be rather set by that time)

Cheers, ami

Thanks Ami - I quite agree, there are some incredible concert recordings from late 75-77.

Daniel

My Life has Come

Jump to:   

Show permissions

© 2007-2019 EMPortal.info
Original logo design by Kimmo Heikkilä

CrackerTracker © 2004 - 2020 CBACK.de