EMPortal.info Forum Index The Gateway to Electronic Music
Navigation  •   Portal  •   Forum  •   Profile  •   Search  •   SmartFeed  •   Register  •   Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

neuland - baumann and haslinger

VCO1
One of the Coolest Member

netherlands.gif

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:02 am    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

One thing is for sure. Ordering from the USA is not an option. Just had a look and including shipping this (double) cd would cost me $39.27.
OfflineView user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's website    
Audioot
Even more Cool Member

netherlands.gif

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2019 4:37 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

« VCO1 » wrote:
« Audioot » wrote:
Groove will have it I guess.

Thanks. I noticed they mentioned in their newsletter. Not quite clear how much stock they'll get and if they still have copies left if I order it now.

Smile nothing easier than a phonecall I guess:
http://www.grooveunlimited.nl/contact

OfflineView user's profileSend private message    
electrobs

sweden.gif

PostPosted: Yesterday at 06:46    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Unfortunately the BR/DVD is a big dissapointment - one track is missing (Voices from The Past) - yet, it is listed on the cover, and it is almost 10 minutes shorter (VftP is only 5:50 minutes long) - so, probably the other tracks (or at least some of them) are shortened! I am very, very dissapointed! Sad
Vignoble @ Co.
Site Admin

blank.gif

PostPosted: Today at 10:28    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

« electrobs » wrote:
Unfortunately the BR/DVD is a big dissapointment - one track is missing (Voices from The Past) - yet, it is listed on the cover, and it is almost 10 minutes shorter (VftP is only 5:50 minutes long) - so, probably the other tracks (or at least some of them) are shortened! I am very, very dissapointed! Sad

What’s your opinion about the music?

https://twitter.com/emportal

OfflineView user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's website    
cyberiad2001
Very Cool Member

PostPosted: Today at 14:04    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

« Vignoble @ Co. » wrote:
« electrobs » wrote:

i chime in here unashamedly ��

I think it is a very interesting album and somehow very strange stuff in the sense that it doesn't seem to cater musically for a certain audience (unlike the modern version of TD, of which i just can't shake the feeling that they are constantly trying to please as large portion of TD fans as possible, sort of a musical prison of legacy). Neuland's album is a sort of box of aural treasures but they are mostly hidden from the first glance... Most of the tracks have short segments that are as good as anything you have heard from the guys, but they suddenly steer for long abstract and more esoteric sections and they rarely revisit those instantly catching segments... But on repeated plays and especially on headphones, this album really takes you to places. So it is surprisingly challenging stuff and certainly a very rewarding album for a longer time i hope. A bit like a collection of bits and pieces, that work together better than you thought after cursory listening. Peter's input is instantly recognizable, Paul's is just as important, but totally unlike anything he did with TD (which isn't a bad thing).

I really can't be bothered with minor differences between the BR and CD versions... All in all, it is a huge collection of interesting and very fresh music...

OfflineView user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's website    
electrobs

sweden.gif

PostPosted: Today at 19:26    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

« Vignoble @ Co. » wrote:
« electrobs » wrote:

I can only second cyberiad2001’s opinion. I think too that is an interesting album, fully electronic (That’s very important for me - i tolerate guitars on electronic albums, but never liked guitars). Compared with the tones of electronic music which i listened to on BC for ex. it’s much better (no, i will not give You names, they are way tooooooooo many). Not so Ambient IMHO as many are saying. For me It’s a strong 7-8/10 album (and That’s good nowadays - compared with the tones of TD s**t output or Jarre s**t output). For me way better than anything Jarre made in the last 20 years or the TD tribute band made since Edgar’s death). I hear many Baumann-sounds in it and i like very much Baumann’s 3 main albums (Romance, Transharmonic & Machines of Desire) - so it can’t be a wrong album for me!

Jump to:   

Show permissions

© 2007-2019 EMPortal.info
Original logo design by Kimmo Heikkilä

CrackerTracker © 2004 - 2019 CBACK.de