EMPortal.info Forum Index The Gateway to Electronic Music
Navigation  •   Portal  •   Forum  •   Profile  •   Search  •   SmartFeed  •   Register  •   Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

 Genesis P-Orridge dies

Post new topicReply to topic
Author Message
Guest











PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2020 3:34 pm    Genesis P-Orridge dies Reply with quoteBack to top

Sad
Online    
dronescape
musical thief & thoroughly bad guy




Age: 48
Joined: 05 Feb 2007
Posts: 4505
Location: Bobbejaanland, ht lekkerste land!


blank.gif

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2020 12:34 am    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

I am afraid there won't be too many people around this forum who would have any idea who that was.

"If we have an enemy at all, the Control Process is that enemy. It is vital to short-circuit this Control Process." (GP-O, 1978)

More true now than ever.

RIP.

Stephen

_________________
"The things you own end up owning you." (Tyler Durden -- Fight Club)

HiddenView user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's website    
BruecknerAmbient
One of the Coolest Member




Age: 50
Joined: 11 May 2011
Posts: 5390
Location: Mainz


germany.gif

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2020 10:08 am    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

« dronescape » wrote:
I am afraid there won't be too many people around this forum who would have any idea who that was.


Actually I never had an idea until maybe six month ago, when some remark I had stumbled upon on FB made me curious and I read a few articles about and interviews with him. Quite an interesting character, although I wasn't sure if I found him so likeable.
So, my interest more or less ended there, but I understand that he was an important influence on many, including some artists I adore...

.

_________________
M I C H A E L B R C K N E R
http://michaelbrueckner.bandcamp.com

OfflineView user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's website    
VCO1
One of the Coolest Member





Joined: 03 Feb 2007
Posts: 2310


netherlands.gif

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2020 2:38 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

« BruecknerAmbient » wrote:

Actually I never had an idea until maybe six month ago, when some remark I had stumbled upon on FB made me curious and I read a few articles about and interviews with him. Quite an interesting character, although I wasn't sure if I found him so likeable.
So, my interest more or less ended there, but I understand that he was an important influence on many, including some artists I adore...

Eeeh, I think he preferred to be called she/her/ Wink Confusing times, I agree.

OfflineView user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's website    
Guest











PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2020 9:23 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

« BruecknerAmbient » wrote:
Quite an interesting character, although I wasn't sure if I found him so likeable.


If you believe Cosey Fanni Tutti's autobiography, which I tend to, GPO wasn't likeable at all, but the effect GPO had on industrial and music was undeniable.

Online    
dronescape
musical thief & thoroughly bad guy




Age: 48
Joined: 05 Feb 2007
Posts: 4505
Location: Bobbejaanland, ht lekkerste land!


blank.gif

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2020 12:47 am    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

"It's kind of scary to see what people come creeping through the hole we created with our work." (GPO)

Stephen

_________________
"The things you own end up owning you." (Tyler Durden -- Fight Club)

HiddenView user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's website    
BruecknerAmbient
One of the Coolest Member




Age: 50
Joined: 11 May 2011
Posts: 5390
Location: Mainz


germany.gif

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2020 2:04 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

« VCO1 » wrote:
« BruecknerAmbient » wrote:

Actually I never had an idea until maybe six month ago, when some remark I had stumbled upon on FB made me curious and I read a few articles about and interviews with him. Quite an interesting character, although I wasn't sure if I found him so likeable.
So, my interest more or less ended there, but I understand that he was an important influence on many, including some artists I adore...

Eeeh, I think he preferred to be called she/her/ Wink Confusing times, I agree.


Ha! Laughing Well, turns out that I wasn't quite up to date then - or maybe this detail has just slipped from my short memory again... Wink

Anyway, he, she, it - it's all OK for me as long as people are happy with whatever they are at a given point of time...

.

_________________
M I C H A E L B R C K N E R
http://michaelbrueckner.bandcamp.com

OfflineView user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's website    
Seren
One of the Coolest Member




Age: 58
Joined: 16 Jul 2007
Posts: 529


wales.gif

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2020 11:04 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

I was very much into TG in the late 70's. For me they complimented/mirrored/contrasted the spacey ambient I loved with the dark side of human behaviours.
Saw them in 81 - but found Z'ev more fascinating in the same concert. He had these huge metal bins on lengths of chain and spent some time making a sound like an enormous noisy singing bowl....

_________________
www.serenffordd.bandcamp.com http://relaxedmachinery.ning.com/profile/SerenFfordd

OfflineView user's profileSend private message    
dronescape
musical thief & thoroughly bad guy




Age: 48
Joined: 05 Feb 2007
Posts: 4505
Location: Bobbejaanland, ht lekkerste land!


blank.gif

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2020 1:36 am    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

« Seren » wrote:
I was very much into TG in the late 70's. For me they complimented/mirrored/contrasted the spacey ambient I loved with the dark side of human behaviours.
Saw them in 81 - but found Z'ev more fascinating in the same concert. He had these huge metal bins on lengths of chain and spent some time making a sound like an enormous noisy singing bowl....


Now that you mention it, Z'Ev isn't with us any longer either.

Missed to see him in Vlissingen some years ago…

Stephen

_________________
"The things you own end up owning you." (Tyler Durden -- Fight Club)

HiddenView user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's website    
Display posts from previous:      
Post new topicReply to topic


 Jump to:   



Show permissions


© 2007-2019 EMPortal.info
Original logo design by Kimmo Heikkilä

CrackerTracker © 2004 - 2020 CBACK.de
Powered by Orion based on phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group
FI Theme Converted by U.K. Forumimages
All times are GMT + 2 Hours