EMPortal.info Forum Index The Gateway to Electronic Music
Navigation  •   Portal  •   Forum  •   Profile  •   Search  •   SmartFeed  •   Register  •   Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

Bandcamp - Supporting Artists During the Covid-19 Pandemic

SolarPlexus
Even more Cool Member

netherlands.gif

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2020 8:00 pm    Bandcamp - Supporting Artists During the Covid-19 Pandemic Reply with quoteBack to top

The Covid-19 pandemic is in full force, and artists have been hit especially hard as tours and shows are being canceled for the foreseeable future. With such a major revenue stream drying up almost entirely, finding ways to continue supporting artists in the coming months is now an urgent priority for anyone who cares about music and the artists who create it. The good news is that we're already seeing many fans going above and beyond to support artists across Bandcamp.

To raise even more awareness around the pandemic's impact on musicians everywhere, we're waiving our revenue share on sales this Friday, March 20 (from midnight to midnight Pacific Time), and rallying the Bandcamp community to put much needed money directly into artists' pockets.

For many artists, a single day of boosted sales can mean the difference between being able to pay rent or not. Still, we consider this just a starting point. Musicians will continue to feel the effects of lost touring income for many months to come, so we're also sharing some ideas below on how fans can support the artists they love and how artists can give fans new, creative ways to provide support.

It may sound simple, but the best way to help artists is with your direct financial support, and we hope you'll join us on Friday and through the coming months as we work to support artists in this challenging time.

Ethan Diamond
Co-Founder & CEO
Bandcamp

OfflineView user's profileSend private message    
dronescape
musical thief & thoroughly bad guy

blank.gif

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2020 8:16 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

That's very generous.

My Bandcamp site is… only kidding.

Stephen

HiddenView user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's website    
CompactDiscMP3

blank.gif

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:17 am    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Bandcamp has been slow today. May be a good sign, a lot of visitors.
HiddenView user's profileSend private message    
VinceL
Cool Member

usa.gif

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2020 5:28 am    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

I have also experienced slow response times and weird errors on Bandcamp today. I also figure it is due, hopefully, to a large volume of purchases being made today.

I decided not to download the albums I bought today. I'll wait a day or two.

OfflineView user's profileSend private message    
dronescape
musical thief & thoroughly bad guy

blank.gif

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2020 10:31 am    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

I would like to express my deepest gratitude to all those who took the chance and ordered physical releases and/or digital downloads.

Stephen

HiddenView user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's website    

Jump to:   

Show permissions

© 2007-2019 EMPortal.info
Original logo design by Kimmo Heikkilä

CrackerTracker © 2004 - 2020 CBACK.de