EMPortal.info Forum Index The Gateway to Electronic Music
Navigation  •   Portal  •   Forum  •   Profile  •   Search  •   SmartFeed  •   Register  •   Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

common album of Steve Roach and Klaus Schulze?

Harri
One of the Coolest Member

germany.gif

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 7:09 pm    common album of Steve Roach and Klaus Schulze? Reply with quoteBack to top

If it is allowed to post the #1 item of my X-mas wishlist here: A common album of Steve Roach and Klaus Schulze would be great, I am sure.

Maybe somebody is listening?

OfflineView user's profileSend private message    
dronescape
musical thief & thoroughly bad guy

blank.gif

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 7:21 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Jimi Hendrix and Squarepusher for me, please.

Stephen

HiddenView user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's website    
BruecknerAmbient

germany.gif

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 8:48 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Sounds like a good idea at first, but I'm not so sure if the collaboration of two artists who cover more or less the same field (although not always in exactly the same way) really makes the result "twice as good"...

From my taste and experience it's more rewarding when musicians collaborate who come from different directions, or at least play different instruments, so they can inspire, challenge and complement each other.

For example I think the duo Schulze - Tiepold was great, or Fripp and Eno, Mathias Grassow and John Haughm, Stephen Parsick an Markus Reuter or (a recent discovery for me) Steve Roach and Serena Gabriel.

On the other hand, on paper, Steve Roach and Robert Rich would seem like a dream team for me, however even though the albums they recorded together are, well, quite nice, but both of them made solo albums which are in fact better than their collabs...

Just my five cents. Wink

OfflineView user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's website    
GrahamH
Even more Cool Member

scotland.gif

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:12 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

I've always thought a collaboration between Ian Boddy and Steve Roach might some day happen....

That would be interesting Wink

Jon

norway.gif

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 4:34 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

« BruecknerAmbient » wrote:
Sounds like a good idea at first, but I'm not so sure if the collaboration of two artists who cover more or less the same field (although not always in exactly the same way) really makes the result "twice as good"...

From my taste and experience it's more rewarding when musicians collaborate who come from different directions, or at least play different instruments, so they can inspire, challenge and complement each other.

For example I think the duo Schulze - Tiepold was great, or Fripp and Eno, Mathias Grassow and John Haughm, Stephen Parsick an Markus Reuter or (a recent discovery for me) Steve Roach and Serena Gabriel.

On the other hand, on paper, Steve Roach and Robert Rich would seem like a dream team for me, however even though the albums they recorded together are, well, quite nice, but both of them made solo albums which are in fact better than their collabs...

Just my five cents. Wink

Just what Erik Wøllo said. He didn't want to collaborate with artists who very similar to himself. That's why we sadly will not get any albums with him and other norwegian EM artists together.

OfflineView user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's website    
thirdsystem

scotland.gif

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:09 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

I agree Harri. A Schulze/Roach album would be very interesting. I think their ambient styles are sufficiently different and would be a good combination.

Cant see it ever happening now though. But you never know.

Jump to:   

Show permissions

© 2007-2019 EMPortal.info
Original logo design by Kimmo Heikkilä

CrackerTracker © 2004 - 2020 CBACK.de