EMPortal.info Forum Index The Gateway to Electronic Music
Navigation  •   Portal  •   Forum  •   Profile  •   Search  •   SmartFeed  •   Register  •   Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

Music you have recently bought - Part 2

Jon
One of the Coolest Member

norway.gif

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2020 7:46 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Pet Shop Boys - It Couldn't Happen Here (DVD/Blu-Ray) 1988/2020

OfflineView user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's website    
electrobs

sweden.gif

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2020 2:36 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

« Vignoble @ Co. » wrote:
Space Art || Entrevues (2020)

on vinyl...

Sorry for saying it, but this release is totally disrespectful toward Space Art fans like myself.
There are 3 different releases of the same album (Lp, CD, DL). You can't buy the download separately, only if You are buying the quite high-priced CD (16 Euros + 8 Euros shipping for EU countries), but even so, You are NOT receiving the whole album. The Lp version has 2 tracks which are not included either on the CD or the DL version, the CD has 2 tracks which are not included on the Lp version and only one of this CD tracks are included on the DL version. Totally disrespectful and unacceptable IMHO in 2020. Not mentioning that when the Lp was released several months ago it was stated that there will never be a CD or DL version of it (if i remember well).
Still, 2 positive things:
- the vinyl quality is very good
- the album is very good

OfflineView user's profileSend private message    
Alvaro

spain.gif

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2021 4:56 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Cyclical Dreams - Gemstones

Vignoble @ Co.
Site Admin

blank.gif

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2021 8:33 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

« electrobs » wrote:

on vinyl...

Sorry for saying it, but this release is totally disrespectful toward Space Art fans like myself.
There are 3 different releases of the same album (Lp, CD, DL). You can't buy the download separately, only if You are buying the quite high-priced CD (16 Euros + 8 Euros shipping for EU countries), but even so, You are NOT receiving the whole album. The Lp version has 2 tracks which are not included either on the CD or the DL version, the CD has 2 tracks which are not included on the Lp version and only one of this CD tracks are included on the DL version. Totally disrespectful and unacceptable IMHO in 2020. Not mentioning that when the Lp was released several months ago it was stated that there will never be a CD or DL version of it (if i remember well).
- the album is very good

“Totally disrespectful and unacceptable”

Come on, even in 2021 your reaction is totally ‘over the top’ and might require ‘some’ elegance...

https://twitter.com/emportal

Vignoble @ Co.
Site Admin

blank.gif

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2021 8:36 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Vangelis || Nocturne (2019)

on vinyl...

VCO1

netherlands.gif

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2021 2:29 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

« electrobs » wrote:

on vinyl...

- the album is very good

Come on, even in 2021 your reaction is totally ‘over the top’ and might require ‘some’ elegance...

What kind of elegance? Thanking the artist and/or label to play tricks on their customers? In this day and age one should be happy if someone wants to buy your music. Especially in our niche market. And you don't do them a favor by releasing three(!) different formats, all of them with "exclusive tracks". That is - like it or not - disrespectful.

OfflineView user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's website    
electrobs

sweden.gif

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2021 7:27 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

« electrobs » wrote:

on vinyl...

- the album is very good

Why? Labels are crying nowadays because they are not having sales and some of them (thankfully they are not too many) are doing such things. What isn’t OK with my statement and what is totally OK with the thing what the DIM label did in Your opinion? OK, i could chose to not buy the product(s), but like i wrote i like Space Arts music, i like this album too but i feel that i was cheated two times. First when i bought the Lp with a high shipping cost (because it was stated that it will never be a CD/DL version) and secondly when i was “forced” to buy the CD with the missing Lp tracks. I paid about 70 Euros for these two products (including NOT registered shipping to Sweden). Didn’t i have the right to say my opinion about this mess???

Alvaro

spain.gif

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2021 7:33 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

I totally agree. After listening the album I was going to buy it, but when I realised the three different and "exclusive formats", I felt the were treating me like a stupid.

The final result is that after an easy web search, now I have the album at no cost. They are not going to have my money if they think they can milk the fans eternally.

Of course I will keep going supporting artists. But the attitude shown by the Space Art distribution label is totally disrespectful for the fans.

They should be careful with these kind of things, it's very hard to get a customer or a fan but very easy to lose it.

electrobs

sweden.gif

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2021 7:37 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

« VCO1 » wrote:
« electrobs » wrote:

on vinyl...

- the album is very good

What kind of elegance? Thanking the artist and/or label to play tricks on their customers? In this day and age one should be happy if someone wants to buy your music. Especially in our niche market. And you don't do them a favor by releasing three(!) different formats, all of them with "exclusive tracks". That is - like it or not - disrespectful.

Exactly my point of view. And like i answered to Vignoble@Co, today many small labels are crying that they didn’t have sales. OK, i know that Universal will make the same mess with the new Vangelis album in a couple of weeks (the double Lp version has a track which will not appear on the CD version😡 Of course i am not happy about it either (labels made the same mess with Vangelis’ Mythodea and Alexander CDs too a couple of years ago - there was a German version for both which had a bonus track which didn’t appear on any other release😡 Back then it take me quite some time to obtain these versions too. But Universal is not DIM, they have sales of millions, so they didn’t care if they will have less sales from the new Vangelis album (the worst which can happen is that the next Vangelis album will not appear at Universal) yet, of course this isn’t right either (You need to buy the quite expensive double Lp - actually around 28-30 Euros) to have one plus track compared to the 12-13 Euros CD😡😡😡

electrobs

sweden.gif

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2021 7:39 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

« Alvaro » wrote:
I totally agree. After listening the album I was going to buy it, but when I realised the three different and "exclusive formats", I felt the were treating me like a stupid.

The final result is that after an easy web search, now I have the album at no cost. They are not going to have my money if they think they can milk the fans eternally.

Of course I will keep going supporting artists. But the attitude shown by the Space Art distribution label is totally disrespectful for the fans.

They should be careful with these kind of things, it's very hard to get a customer or a fan but very easy to lose it.

Exactly Alvaro! For me it will be surely the last thing which was bought from them☹️

Vignoble @ Co.
Site Admin

blank.gif

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2021 8:14 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks for elaborating guys, it looks like we disagree.

No problem as long as you choose the right words to make your point Wink

thirdsystem

scotland.gif

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2021 8:25 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

The Christmas haul...

Peter Banks Harmony in Diversity The Complete Recordings. Ex Yes Guitarist. 6 CD box set, very interesting in the main.
Schmoeling/Waters - Zeit CD, DVD , finally, excellent stuff.
Pink Floyd - Delicate Sound Of Thunder Blu Ray
Bruford - Feels Good To Me CD, DVD , ex Yes drummer with his jazzy prog project from 1977. Great album.
Karfagen - Birds of Passage and Messages From Afar symphonic Ukrainian prog , and very good indeed.

Did not too bad there Cool

Jon

norway.gif

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2021 8:49 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

I bought 27 CDs for 27 Euro:

U2 - How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb
U2 - Boy
Chicago - 17
Kenny Loggins - Back To Avalon
Toto - Kingdom Of Desire
Moby - 18
Moby - Last Night
Mike & The Mechanics - Word Of Mouth
Phil Collins - Both Sides
Phil Collins - Dance Into The Light
Level 42 - World Machine
Don Johnson - Heartbeat
Pet Shop Boys - Please
Pet Shop Boys - Actually
Eurythmics - We Too Are One
Jean-Michel Jarre - Zoolook
Jean-Michel Jarre - Magnetic Fields
Jean-Michel Jarre - Equinoxe
INXS - Welcome To Wherever You Are
Mike Oldfield - Tubular Bells
Mike Oldfield - Five Miles Out
Annie Lennox - Medusa
Garbage - Garbage
The Cure - Staring At The Sea: The Singles
Erasure - The Innocents
Keane - Under The Iron Sea
Wax - Works: The Best Of

VCO1

netherlands.gif

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 10:27 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Some winners
* Ian Boddy - Axiom
* Arcane - Omega
Two albums that I think are amongst the best of 2020

And a loser...
* Gert Emmens - Outland 2
Musically uninteresting. Gert is basically copying himself (and for a long time if I may add). Besides, the mastering is horrible. It’s way too loud and basses are too much upfront. When listening I had to turn down the amp about 10% compared to the level I’m usually listening at. A huge disappointment.

OfflineView user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's website    
Craig Shipley

usa.gif

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2021 4:41 am    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Be-Bop Deluxe - Modern Music [Deluxe Box Set]

Been a huge BBD/Bill Nelson fan since seeing them open for Blue Oyster Cult back in Largo MD in the mid-'70's. The very electro-punk-prog "Drastic Plastic" is being released as a deluxe edition next month on Cherry Red Records, which is the last of the studio albums to get the box-set treatment; only "Live! In the Air Age", one of the best live albums ever IMHO, has yet to get the box set treatment.

OfflineView user's profileSend private messageSend e-mail    

Jump to:   

Show permissions

© 2007-2019 EMPortal.info
Original logo design by Kimmo Heikkilä

CrackerTracker © 2004 - 2021 CBACK.de