EMPortal.info Forum Index The Gateway to Electronic Music
Navigation  •   Portal  •   Forum  •   Profile  •   Search  •   SmartFeed  •   Register  •   Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

Chris Worton/Fin

grufflehead

scotland.gif

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 5:40 pm    Chris Worton/Fin Reply with quoteBack to top

Hello everyone

Many moons ago, when mp3.com was where I found a lot of new music, I downloaded a heap of tracks by Fin. I recently re-discovered a load of them burned on a CD, and they reminded me how much I enjoyed them - particularly Offset and GreenBlue. I know that at least a couple of albums have been made available on CD-R in the past, and I thought I would try and track them down.

My google-fu is average at best - I suppose it's not the most uncommon word in the English language - so other than finding out his real name courtesy of Artemi Pugachov's site, and that the website that used to be his appears to have been sold to a different company, I've hit a blank.

Does anyone know of anywhere they might exist for purchase, links to a new website, or any other helpful hints?

HiddenView user's profileSend private message    
Vignoble @ Co.
Site Admin

blank.gif

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:54 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

welcome Malcolm!

apparently Artemi is the only one on the net to shed some light or maybe Chris is willing to assist? Smile

NP Offset

https://twitter.com/emportal

OfflineView user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's website    
Artemi
One of the Coolest Member

russia.gif

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:00 am    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Well actually all I know is that Chris' music has been unavailable for quite a while. Perhaps a search in second-hand shops or ebay would bring some results but I wouldn't bet on it. His releases were mostly distributed as MP3 files. However, I remember that Synth Music Direct once stocked a few of his CD's (or were they CDRs?) I think contacting people at SMD or Musiczeit guys is a good idea.

OfflineView user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's website    
Bert

netherlands.gif

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:46 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

I can't be of help either as the e-mail adress I have in my data files is no longer valid...

OfflineView user's profileSend private message    
grufflehead

scotland.gif

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 2:17 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks for the replies everyone. Sorry to hear it sounds like I'll have to make do with my mp3s, although I'll have a look on ebay just in case.

I did check SMD's site - David Law has reviewed Offset and GreenBlue in the past and there are a couple of sound samples, but I can't find the CDs listed in the catalogue. Nothing on musiczeit either (which is where I get the majority of my fix these days).

Does anyone know if Chris is involved in EM any more?

VCO1

netherlands.gif

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 3:51 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Based on this webpage, it looks like he's still active: http://www.audiofarm.org/Fin

On the "Latest releases" page there's also a contact option (but you need to be registered to use that functionality).

Graham

uk.gif

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 4:55 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

From dim and distant memory there was a plan to release an official album on neu harmony but it never happened. Shame because Fin's music is quality.

I think I may have a pre-release copy of that album, as well as offset and greenblue. I need to have a dig around.

If anyone can point Fin in my direction via MusicZeit I'd be happy to help him get his music available on MusicZeit.

timetodream

finland.gif

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 9:39 am    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Always loved Fin's music. He kinda disappeared some years ago or at least I didn't see any new music being released. I remember liking his unreleased album that is called "Cancelled" at his Audiofarm site. I think this deserves to be released properly. Check it out if you haven't, good stuff.
Paul Ellis
Cool Member

blank.gif

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:32 am    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Did Fin have a strong "Jarre" flavor? I seem to remember bumping into and liking what I heard of his music quite a few years back, but never got around to getting any.

Artemi

russia.gif

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:31 am    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Yes, he is definitely Jarre-influenced.

VCO1

netherlands.gif

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:44 am    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

« Artemi » wrote:
Yes, he is definitely Jarre-influenced.

That's quite an understatement. Wink His music was more Jarre-like than anything the master did himself after Oxygene and Equinoxe. The music I heard from Fin was basically O3 (since JMJ already did O2 himself) and E2, if memory serves me well.

It's a pity that he kind of disappeared together with the mp3.com website. So: Fin... where are you!?

BrianVassalloMUSIC

malta.gif

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2021 5:14 pm    FIN Music Reply with quoteBack to top

Fin's beautiful music.
Here it is: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZjtCXt3weD8ktSmjNQFEIQ/videos

Best
Brian
https://linktr.ee/brianvassallo

Jump to:   

Show permissions