EMPortal.info Forum Index The Gateway to Electronic Music
Navigation  •   Portal  •   Forum  •   Profile  •   Search  •   SmartFeed  •   Register  •   Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

Deep Forest

Jon
One of the Coolest Member

norway.gif

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 8:03 pm    Deep Forest Reply with quoteBack to top

Any fans of Deep Forest?

I became a big fan when the Sweet Lullaby single hit the market in 1992. Their debut album is a good one, it's 15 years old but it still sounds extremely fresh.

I love Boheme from 1995 too, kind of different in style but still featuring great songs.

Comparsa from 1997 was a slight disappointment, some good tracks but a bit too ethnic-sounding for my taste.

Their soundtrack-album Pacifique from 2000 is interesting, with some classic DF-tracks.

I have some tracks from their newest studio album Music Detected but I haven't bought it yet. Lots of vocals on that one.

There are also 2 tracks by DF on the Strange Days soundtrack.

The live album Made In Japan is also something to look out for, and of course Michel Sanchez solo album Windows from 1996. His Hieroglyphes album from 2000 is very jazzy though, not my thing.

OfflineView user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's website    
René

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 10:17 am    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

I have got their debut album and Comparsa. I like Comparsa, especially the WheatherReport inspired tracks.
VCO1

netherlands.gif

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 10:57 am    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Fan may be a big word, but I definitely like their music. Especially the first 3 albums, with the second one probably being my favourite.

I think Michel Sanchez's Windows is a kind of hidden gem... A great album that certainly deserves more attention.

OfflineView user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's website    
Jon

norway.gif

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 6:58 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Agreed about Windows, a great album which not too many know about.

Also remember Eric Mouquet's DAO DEZI project from 1994, with the World Mix Album.

Deep Forest also produced Wes' album Welenga in the late 90s, and they even worked on some of Josh Groban's songs.

Azra
Cool Member

blank.gif

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 7:13 pm    Re: Deep Forest Reply with quoteBack to top

« Jon » wrote:
Any fans of Deep Forest?

I became a big fan when the Sweet Lullaby single hit the market in 1992. Their debut album is a good one, it's 15 years old but it still sounds extremely fresh.

I liked Sweet Lullaby, also the music vid.

OfflineView user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's website    
24db

uk.gif

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 10:36 am    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

the tracks they did with Peter Gabriel were quiet good as well

HiddenView user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's website    
Jon

norway.gif

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 5:35 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

« 24db » wrote:
the tracks they did with Peter Gabriel were quiet good as well

Yes, I think it was the track While Earth Sleeps from the Strange Days soundtrack.

Feb birth
Even more Cool Member

usa.gif

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 9:49 am    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Some of it is easy on the ears but it's the deluded New Age Pop sound I groww tired of,
HiddenView user's profileSend private message    

Jump to:   

Show permissions

© 2007-2019 EMPortal.info
Original logo design by Kimmo Heikkilä

CrackerTracker © 2004 - 2019 CBACK.de