EMPortal.info Forum Index The Gateway to Electronic Music
Navigation  •   Portal  •   Forum  •   Profile  •   Search  •   SmartFeed  •   Register  •   Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

Brainstorm

ModularG2
Cool Member

blank.gif

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:21 pm    Brainstorm Reply with quoteBack to top

IMHO Very good 80's movie about recording someones emotions and playing them back....

(Sporadic) Special effects are from Douglas Trumbull (Blade Runner, Close Encounters, Star Trek), who also directed the movie.

IMDB

Last edited by ModularG2 on Tue Nov 06, 2007 8:29 am; edited 1 time in total

OfflineView user's profileSend private message    
BillBinkelman
Very Cool Member

usa.gif

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 10:37 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

You know, I went to see this film maybe 5 times in the theater. It 's great that way on a BIG screen, but watching it even on a good TV is nowhere near as satisfying. Trumbull (the director) used a special cinematic technique so that when the character was using the "brainstorm recording device" the screen image went from 35mm to 70mm (at least that's how it looked) and the sound got amplified and "spatialized" too. I tell ya what, in the theaters, this was AWESOME! When I watched it home, all the magic of that effect is lost.

The story is still pretty cool, although the angelic imagery at the end is a bit much. The movie also is bittersweet since it was Natalie Wood's last film before her tragic death (and boy, did she look hot in this film!). Good score by Horner too, IIRC.

OUCH!

OfflineView user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's website    
ModularG2
Cool Member

blank.gif

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 2:06 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

« BillBinkelman » wrote:
I went to see this film maybe 5 times in the theater. It 's great that way on a BIG screen, but watching it even on a good TV is nowhere near as satisfying

I envy you, I discovered this movie by accident on VHS, later I bought it on DVD but the (non-anamorphic) image quality is very poor.

I would love to see this movie in the cinema, but perhaps the movie will be released on HD in the near future, so I can watch it at a big screen at home.

OfflineView user's profileSend private message    

Jump to:   

Show permissions

© 2007-2019 EMPortal.info
Original logo design by Kimmo Heikkilä

CrackerTracker © 2004 - 2019 CBACK.de