EMPortal.info Forum Index The Gateway to Electronic Music
Navigation  •   Portal  •   Forum  •   Profile  •   Search  •   SmartFeed  •   Register  •   Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

Tron

ModularG2
Cool Member

blank.gif

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:29 pm    Tron Reply with quoteBack to top

Another 80's classis, the Effects are a bit dated, but the movie is still very enjoyable, especially if you are a computer geek, end of line.

IMDB

Last edited by ModularG2 on Tue Nov 06, 2007 9:20 am; edited 2 times in total

OfflineView user's profileSend private message    
BillBinkelman
Very Cool Member

usa.gif

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 10:31 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

At the time of its release, it was pretty entertaining and of course it has that great Wendy Carlos score. However, I bought the DVD when it came out a few years ago and was surprised at how dated it was and how spacy Bridges acted througout, as if he was stoned the whole film. Plus Boxleitner was so stiff and dull (nothing like he was as John Sheridan in B5). And the ending was just so abrupt. Still, you're right that it's still worth watching late at night for grins and man oh man I forgot how hot Cindy Morgan was in that film. Where oh where did SHE go to?

But it's too bad it's not in the same "ages well" category as Forbidden Planet. Now there's a movie that's only gotten better over time, IMHO. Even the effects are still good.

OfflineView user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's website    
Altus
Cool Member

canada.gif

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 3:38 am    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

I absolutely love Tron! In fact, I did an ambient track completely made up of sound effects from the film. I still wait for Tron 2 to see the light of day... although you know that Hollywood would screw it up. Laughing

OfflineView user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's website    
M@kz Delissen
Obscurist

netherlands.gif

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 9:09 am    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

« BillBinkelman » wrote:
At the time of its release, it was pretty entertaining and of course it has that great Wendy Carlos score.

best part of the movie afaIc...

« BillBinkelman » wrote:
However, I bought the DVD when it came out a few years ago and was surprised at how dated it was and how spacy Bridges acted througout, as if he was stoned the whole film.

He probably was...

« BillBinkelman » wrote:
Plus Boxleitner was so stiff and dull (nothing like he was as John Sheridan in B5). And the ending was just so abrupt. Still, you're right that it's still worth watching late at night for grins and man oh man I forgot how hot Cindy Morgan was in that film.

I liked her better in Caddyshack Razz

« BillBinkelman » wrote:
Where oh where did SHE go to?

I looked her up in Wiki. Not exactly a soaring career I'm afraid. But still a looker...

« BillBinkelman » wrote:
But it's too bad it's not in the same "ages well" category as Forbidden Planet. Now there's a movie that's only gotten better over time, IMHO. Even the effects are still good.

Must check it out sometime...

Cool Member

blank.gif

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 9:31 am    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

« Altus » wrote:
I absolutely love Tron! In fact, I did an ambient track completely made up of sound effects from the film. I still wait for Tron 2 to see the light of day... although you know that Hollywood would screw it up. Laughing

I use some samples (one from the 'Bit' and one from 'MCP') from the movie in one of my tracks...

BTW A remake is in the works, according to this

ModularG2
Cool Member

blank.gif

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 9:45 am    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

« BillBinkelman » wrote:

Well it's how you look at it, Forbidden Planet is indeed a classic, especially the underground scenes, but it also has a lot of 'cheesy' moments with Robby the Robot....

solitaryzen
One of the Coolest Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 9:52 am    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Great film - may look a bit dated today, but I can tell you it was mind blowing when I saw it at the cinema back in 1982 (I think that was the year of its release?).
Feb birth
Even more Cool Member

usa.gif

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 10:17 am    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

I miss it at the theater but saw some of it on tv and year or so later. I remember it being very cheesy (even for 1982). The visual technoloy just wasn't enough to carry the weak acting and story.

p.s. I wasn't quite into smoking grass at the time I saw it. If I had seen it stoned a year earlier at the theaters I may have dug it more?

HiddenView user's profileSend private message    
Seeker_UK
Even more Cool Member

uk.gif

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 10:48 am    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

The only scenes I remember are the light bikes (which was a dead neat scene) and the not so good 'deadly discs' and meeting the CPU.
OfflineView user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's website    
Feb birth
Even more Cool Member

usa.gif

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 11:11 am    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

« Seeker_UK » wrote:
The only scenes I remember are the light bikes (which was a dead neat scene) and the not so good 'deadly discs' and meeting the CPU.

I remember the arcade game more than the movie Embarassed

HiddenView user's profileSend private message    

Jump to:   

Show permissions

© 2007-2019 EMPortal.info
Original logo design by Kimmo Heikkilä

CrackerTracker © 2004 - 2019 CBACK.de