EMPortal.info Forum Index The Gateway to Electronic Music
Navigation  •   Portal  •   Forum  •   Profile  •   Search  •   SmartFeed  •   Register  •   Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

I/we pay for it, so shut up?

Vignoble @ Co.
Site Admin

blank.gif

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:46 am    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

It looks like the old 'bug' strikes back again so I have to split up my reaction in 2 parts:
Note by VCO1: Not really... parts have been merged.

part 1

I agree that certain combinations of words can be delicate and could create a certain tone. However this tone can have a positive or a negative impact depending on what the writer wants to make clear but last and not least: what the reader 'wants' to read. The difference in what the writer 'says' and the reader 'hears' creates a positive or negative reaction. Put it this way: Stef poses a delicate remark followed by a rather sensitive reaction. Imo the question on top of this topic wasn't a reflection of the thoughts as written in the 'challenged passage'. What I am trying to make clear is that the question that starts the topic suggests something that isn't there but worse: creates a biased view which triggered a discussion that finally isn't in anybody's interest.

Let's focus on the music that has brought us to this spot.

Just one final detail: it was me who got in touch with MZ simply because of the fact that I like the idea behind it as I like many other nice concepts and initiatives by other people. Most of the contents here is managed by myself and I would like to emphasize that I take the full responsibility for the consequences. Money never has been and never will be an issue here as it bears no relation to the pleasure and useful information created by the interaction of the members of this community; a population that consists of a bunch of ‘crazy enthousiaistic people. This is our motive and creates the energy to continue, to improve ourselves and find new paths ……….

Yes this ‘building’ cost us money but more important it gives us a place to share knowledge and experience which is priceless and unique. Be careful about it Smile

As a gesture I would like to offer you a nice piece of music I recorded during E-Live 2009: Stephan Whitlan not only a gifted musisian but also an example of modesty and politeness Wink

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8hn-rOw8IvY

https://twitter.com/emportal

OfflineView user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's website    
Vignoble @ Co.
Site Admin

blank.gif

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:47 am    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

part 2

Just one final detail: it was me who got in touch with MZ simply because of the fact that I like the idea behind it as I like many other nice concepts and initiatives by other people. Most of the contents here is managed by myself and I would like to emphasize that I take the full responsibility for the consequences. Money never has been and never will be an issue here as it bears no relation to the pleasure and useful information created by the interaction of the members of this community; a population that consists of a bunch of ‘crazy enthousiaistic people. This is our motive and creates the energy to continue, to improve ourselves and find new paths ……….

Yes this ‘building’ cost us money but more important it gives us a place to share knowledge and experience which is priceless and unique. Be careful about it Smile

As a gesture I would like to offer you a nice piece of music I recorded during E-Live 2009: Stephan Whitlan not only a gifted musisian but also an example of modesty and politeness Wink

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8hn-rOw8IvY

https://twitter.com/emportal

Last edited by Vignoble @ Co. on Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:42 am; edited 2 times in total

dronescape
musical thief & thoroughly bad guy

blank.gif

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:50 am    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

« Graham » wrote:

- you don't do this for the thanks
- you don't do this for the glory
- you don't do this for any sort of recognition
- you don't do this for freebies
- you don't do this for the money
- you don't do this if you want to stay in your wife's "good books"
- you do this for the love of the music

I've also learnt that the EM scene is small. Very small. And the most damaging thing to the scene is bickering which lead to factions which leads to corrosion. The scene simply isn't big enough.

We should support each other. Because few outside our "world" do.

Let's enjoy the music, and keep it friendly.

Amen, brother!

Stephen

HiddenView user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's website    
Craig Shipley
One of the Coolest Member

usa.gif

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:32 am    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

My thanks to all who help keep this site up and running out of their own pocket, those who create and provide me with a way to obtain the music I love, the friends I've made here and I even appreciate the crusty old curmudgeons that holler about getting off of their lawn; you know who you are! Wink (I admit to falling in to the COC category occasionally).

I approach this list (and most all email lists, forums, etc.) with this philosophy told to me by man of the cloth over a beer, "Would I rather be 'right' or would I rather be in relationship with this person?" Good words to live by. I value you guys too much to want to be 'right' all the time ('cuz I'm not...)

----------------
Now playing: Pendragon - Believe
via FoxyTunes

OfflineView user's profileSend private messageSend e-mail    
arronizlive

mexico.gif

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:55 am    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

I like that one!
Idea

stevepalmer

wales.gif

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:12 am    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

"Always look on the bright side of life, da-da, da-da-da-da-da-dum..."

OfflineView user's profileSend private message    
rasperjd
Very Cool Member

uk.gif

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 8:56 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Laughing Sorry I'm late in catching up with this....computer problems...again..:O)
Oh well....just to add my two ha'porth (cents-worth for the USA ;O_
This forum is exceptionally good and all credit to the guys fro running it so well....I for one am most grateful, and I think I can speak on behalf of all here at Soddett Hall.
If the guys want a freebie from me...they are most welcome....just ask!! I'm not psychic...!!!! (telepathic)......and if I haven't sent you any, then apologies...let me know, and where to send.....and keep up the good work.....
Luv n hugs n peace baby....:O)
JD and Co xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

www.johndysonmusic.com

www.johndysonmusic.com

OfflineView user's profileSend private message    

Jump to:   

Show permissions

© 2007-2019 EMPortal.info
Original logo design by Kimmo Heikkilä

CrackerTracker © 2004 - 2019 CBACK.de