EMPortal.info Forum Index The Gateway to Electronic Music
Navigation  •   Portal  •   Forum  •   Profile  •   Search  •   SmartFeed  •   Register  •   Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

New Volt album!

Naus
One of the Coolest Member

netherlands.gif

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 1:37 pm    New Volt album! Reply with quoteBack to top

Just announced by Ron in the groove newsletter:

http://www.groove.nl/cd/g/gr-192.html

I am so looking forward to this one!

Mr. Green

OfflineView user's profileSend private message    
Tangram
Even more Cool Member

uk.gif

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 2:05 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

I didn't think Mike and Steve were working together anymore. Maybe I got that wrong, or is this just Mike on his own? Good news anyway, if it's as great as all their other albums.
HiddenView user's profileSend private message    
phaedra2008

australia.gif

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 2:56 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

redphil

blank.gif

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 8:49 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

« Tangram » wrote:
I didn't think Mike and Steve were working together anymore. Maybe I got that wrong, or is this just Mike on his own? Good news anyway, if it's as great as all their other albums.

They are back together again, and will also be playing live at The Electronic Circus later this year.

Mike has another project on the go as well, Lamp, featuring guitarist Garth Jones, with a new release also imminent.

OfflineView user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's website    
Tangram
Even more Cool Member

uk.gif

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:37 am    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

« redphil » wrote:

They are back together again, and will also be playing live at The Electronic Circus later this year.

Mike has another project on the go as well, Lamp, featuring guitarist Garth Jones, with a new release also imminent.

Thanks for the info. And Steve is working with Tylas Cyndrome.

Victor Meldrew

uk.gif

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 1:34 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Looking forward to that. Hopefully more in the vein of 'Through The Rings' or the marvellous 'Star Compass'. Personally I found 'Nucleosynthesis' a bit disappointing.
OfflineView user's profileSend private messageAIM Address    
dropsonde

norway.gif

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:52 am    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Can't wait to have this one. And I have to agree a little bit with Victor, I also find Through The Rings and Star Compass to be the best albums, and new one in the same vein as those would be great.
Starwalker

usa.gif

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:28 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

« Victor Meldrew » wrote:
Looking forward to that. Hopefully more in the vein of 'Through The Rings' or the marvellous 'Star Compass'. Personally I found 'Nucleosynthesis' a bit disappointing.

What Nucleosynthesis disappointing, NOT AT ALL, i think all 5 Volt cds are fantastic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HiddenView user's profileSend private messageSend e-mail    
Rapsodies

france.gif

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:45 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

I couldn't agree more. To me, Nucleosynthesis is sequencer heaven.
OfflineView user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's website    
Maff
Very Cool Member

uk.gif

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:53 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Yeah, surprised Nucleosynthesis isn't getting more love here. And HjVi is fantastic as well.

Anyway, pre-ordered and looking forward to it!

Ron

netherlands.gif

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 4:06 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Well it is off to the factory, and is the LAMP album the other project with Michael!! Hope to hasve them in about 2 weeks
OfflineView user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's website    
dropsonde

norway.gif

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 7:28 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

A couple of sound teasers from the Lamp album here. Sounds excellent, so pre-ordered both Lamp and Volt.

http://www.mslmusic.co.uk/MSL_Catalogue.html

Michael Shipway

uk.gif

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:55 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

« dropsonde » wrote:
A couple of sound teasers from the Lamp album here. Sounds excellent, so pre-ordered both Lamp and Volt.

http://www.mslmusic.co.uk/MSL_Catalogue.html

Thanks for that! Very Happy
Also, if you click on the album cover you may find a little light reading courtesy of Garth...
Best regards,
Michael

GarthJones

uk.gif

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:05 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm delighted to join Michael Shipway within the EM community and lean against this Lamp post (well a VoLt one really). Also very interested in any views about The Three Towers (and the underlying story) as they all emerge from the morning mist.
Tangram
Even more Cool Member

uk.gif

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 1:09 am    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

« Victor Meldrew » wrote:
Personally I found 'Nucleosynthesis' a bit disappointing.

In the words of Victor himself, "I don't believe it!".

Nucleosynthesis is a brilliant album, they all are.

Jump to:   

Show permissions

© 2007-2019 EMPortal.info
Original logo design by Kimmo Heikkilä

CrackerTracker © 2004 - 2019 CBACK.de