EMPortal.info Forum Index The Gateway to Electronic Music
Navigation  •   Portal  •   Forum  •   Profile  •   Search  •   SmartFeed  •   Register  •   Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

New Node album?

rogueelement
Cool Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 5:39 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

So pleased to finally announce some solid news for everyone. Yes the new Node album is near completion, in fact they are just working on the text for the 24 page booklet. It's called Node Two and there are nine tracks in total with such glorious titles as Pulse, Dopler, Dark Beneath the Sea etc although they may possibly change. I have had the aural pleasure of listening to the final mix and it's an absolute stunner, you won't be disappointed. I have been waiting to post something for so long and now permissions are in place. Please share
Cheers Brendan

OfflineView user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's website    
sparrow
One of the Coolest Member

scotland.gif

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 5:43 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

CD or cdr or downloads....?? what will be available?
OfflineView user's profileSend private message    
rogueelement
Cool Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 6:04 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

There will be a cd issue and a download option as well, I will try and keep everyone updated as the info comes to me. Xmas is looking tight for the cd issue so more than likely January 2014.
BruecknerAmbient

germany.gif

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 12:08 am    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

dronescape
musical thief & thoroughly bad guy

blank.gif

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 12:42 am    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

If that is true -- and actually materialises beyond vapour ware -- this might become the first CD in a long time that I will actually place an order for.

Stephen

HiddenView user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's website    
Starwalker

usa.gif

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 3:39 am    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm down for a copy as I like the 1st
HiddenView user's profileSend private messageSend e-mail    
stevepalmer

wales.gif

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 11:11 am    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Good news! Smile

Daniel
Even more Cool Member

uk.gif

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:43 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Well, if the music is half as cool as that cover........

My Life has Come

Maff
Very Cool Member

uk.gif

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 12:59 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

It's out.

http://dinrecords.bandcamp.com/album/node-2-din44

Allow me to be the first to ask when's Node 3 coming out?

dropsonde

norway.gif

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 1:16 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

2033 if they take the same time as between this and the last one ...
klockwerk
Cool Member

usa.gif

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 5:18 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

First listen, expectations were very high, and I'm not disappointed at all. Words fall short. I want to buy who ever mastered this, a bottle, of what ever he/she is drinking.

phaedra2008

australia.gif

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 8:44 am    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Bandcamp is great when a CD is made available with immediate download now I can wait for 2 -3 weeks for the CD while listening to the music.

I did not expect anything because all we heard were those short teasers over the last couple of years and things can change, or a sequencer riff of 30 seconds turning into 4 minutes may have a different aural impact.

I listened a couple of times to the album and can say that musically it is an evolutionary step from the first one, and great if it was released after it.

But then the time was 1995. Now it's 2014 and over these years this formula of 1-2 minutes atmospheric intro followed by heavy sequencers was well explored.

If one does not have or heard the combined tens of albums released by ARC, Redshift, Mark Shreeve, Pollard & Friends to name a few, then this may well sound extraordinary.

It's a good listen but time will tell if I'll return to it as often as I do for the Dave Bessell solo DB-Analogue from 2010 which is a more atmospheric/melodic and varied album.

Just an early opinion which may change with mood and time Laughing

dronescape
musical thief & thoroughly bad guy

blank.gif

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 1:00 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

« phaedra2008 » wrote:
[...] But then the time was 1995. Now it's 2014 [...]. If one does not have or heard the combined tens of albums released by ARC, Redshift, Mark Shreeve, Pollard & Friends to name a few, then this may well sound extraordinary.[...]

This pretty much summarizes my feelings.

Redshift have kept the banner flying, and so have -- dare I say it without patting myself on the back -- ['ramp], at least to some extent (hey, the first ramp album was called "nodular", how more obvious can you get?).

What made Node stand out at that time were two things, a) they unashamedly used huge modular analogue synthesisers when *digital* and *virtual analog* were becoming the next big thing, and b) repeated the old TD formula in a modern dress (with some teeth added).

As for a), modular synthesisers have never been more popular than they are now (in fact, they have become the latest red carnation of a *serious* electronic music performer), and b) others have taken up the bait and carried on where Node disappeared into oblivion (and, honestly, until two or three years ago, it never made the impression as if they were seriously considering the release of another album at all, with all that pledge fuss that was going on at that time).

To answer Martyn´s question, I expect nothing less than an extremely well-produced and well-executed album which, I am sure, will be a nice addition to my collection. But, unlike 1995, the new album will be measured against other albums by other artists who have been inspired by the original Node release in the meantime. I am sure this will somewhat bias my verdict, but, like I said earlier, I will listen first and *then* come to a coclusion.

Stephen

HiddenView user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's website    
analoguekid
Even more Cool Member

uk.gif

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 2:11 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Smile Thanks for that Stephen Smile
HiddenView user's profileSend private messageSend e-mail    
thirdsystem

scotland.gif

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 7:00 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Several plays now and think this is excellent.

Different and original enough to stand out. I really liked the DB-Analogue album mentioned above by Pahedra very much indeed. However I suspect I prefer the new Node. Will enjoy comparing these two this week.

Jump to:   

Show permissions

© 2007-2019 EMPortal.info
Original logo design by Kimmo Heikkilä

CrackerTracker © 2004 - 2020 CBACK.de