EMPortal.info Forum Index The Gateway to Electronic Music
Navigation  •   Portal  •   Forum  •   Profile  •   Search  •   SmartFeed  •   Register  •   Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

At Water's Edge (Stillstream Radio): Nevermore Pt. 2

BruecknerAmbient
One of the Coolest Member

germany.gif

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 8:07 pm    At Water's Edge (Stillstream Radio): Nevermore Pt. 2 Reply with quoteBack to top

Tomorrow, Saturday the 22nd, between 14:00 and 17:00 h Californian time (that's 23:00 to 2:00 h in German time, but for those who need their sleep or party elsewhere, there will be a podcast later on...) - but I digress:

Tomorrow will see the world premiere of several long form ambient tracks in Rebekkah Hilgraves' wonderful ambient radio show "At Water's Edge" on Stillstream.

These tracks are based on Rebekkah's reading of Edgar Allen Poe's classic poem "The Raven" and additional field recordings by Rebekkah (...of real ravens, actually).

Featured artists are Jack Hertz, Tim Kays, Christopher Alvarado, Scott Lawlor, Partyflux, and myself.

What's even greater: some of the tracks will be included in a various artists compilation later, that will be released by Radhaus, Rebekkah's excellent music production company...

From the addition "part two" You can see that there already has been a "part one" - last Saturday, actually, however I missed to announce that in time... Embarassed

Here's a link (to part one, actually, the podcast of it...):

http://atwatersedge.fm/nevermore-1/

Here's also some excerpts of Reakkah's promo text:

"The image of the raven has its roots in legends from all over the world. Harbinger of death, protector, spy, prophet, messenger; the raven embodies all of those things in our collective psyche.

Part one of a new series, this week’s edition of At Water’s Edge started out as a single, mono, rough field recording of Mojave desert ravens, with a few dogs barking and a distant train, along with a reading of Poe’s “The Raven” and some vocal lines recorded by Rebekkah Hilgraves."

OfflineView user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's website    

Jump to:   

Show permissions

© 2007-2019 EMPortal.info
Original logo design by Kimmo Heikkilä

CrackerTracker © 2004 - 2019 CBACK.de