EMPortal.info Forum Index The Gateway to Electronic Music
Navigation  •   Portal  •   Forum  •   Profile  •   Search  •   SmartFeed  •   Register  •   Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

Tony Banks || A Chord Too Far: Anthology Box set

Vignoble @ Co.
Site Admin

blank.gif

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 6:21 pm    Tony Banks || A Chord Too Far: Anthology Box set Reply with quoteBack to top

Tony Banks || A Chord Too Far: Anthology Box set (released July 31st, 2015)

Quote:

Many tracks have been remixed exclusively for this collection and have been drawn from his seven solo albums; A CURIOUS FEELING, THE FUGITIVE, THE WICKED LADY (film score), SOUNDTRACKS , BANKSTATEMENT, STILL, STRICTLY INC. and his two orchestral albums SEVEN – A SUITE FOR ORCHESTRA and SIX PIECES FOR ORCHESTRA.

A CHORD TOO FAR also includes four previously unreleased tracks, three of which are keyboard demos of his orchestral suites. The fourth is a piece originally written for the album STILL. Inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 2010 as a member of Genesis, Tony is one of the most respected songwriters and keyboardists in the world. His career spans almost 50 years and has seen him sell in excess of 130 million albums . His body of work is as innovative as it is eclectic. Genesis’ avant-garde style made them one of progressive rock’s founding fathers in the 1970s, creating an experimental style of rock music never before seen. They went on to produce music with a greater pop sensibility in the 1980s that saw them become one of the biggest selling bands of the decade, and play stadiums throughout the world.

Unquote:

On my Wish List!

https://twitter.com/emportal

OfflineView user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's website    
sparrow
One of the Coolest Member

scotland.gif

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 8:32 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

This set is simply wonderful. Very varied and great sq. One wonders why TB's solo career is for the most part ignored.
OfflineView user's profileSend private message    
Jon
One of the Coolest Member

norway.gif

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 10:02 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

I simply love his music for the 1986 film Quicksilver, which I own on LP. Clearly written the same year as the Invisible Touch album.

Is this music on the set?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCnMlv49iJY

Last edited by Jon on Wed Sep 02, 2015 10:04 pm; edited 1 time in total

Vignoble @ Co.
Site Admin

blank.gif

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 9:31 am    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

« Jon » wrote:
I simply love his music for the 1986 film Quicksilver, which I own on LP. Clearly written the same year as the Invisible Touch album.

Is this music on the set?

https://twitter.com/emportal

Jump to:   

Show permissions

© 2007-2019 EMPortal.info
Original logo design by Kimmo Heikkilä

CrackerTracker © 2004 - 2019 CBACK.de