EMPortal.info Forum Index The Gateway to Electronic Music
Navigation  •   Portal  •   Forum  •   Profile  •   Search  •   SmartFeed  •   Register  •   Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

Roland JU-06 vs JUNO-106

REWO Records
One of the Coolest Member

netherlands.gif

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 1:08 am    Roland JU-06 vs JUNO-106 Reply with quoteBack to top

Sounds damn close. Good comparison.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-bD0M_e4iM

OfflineView user's profileSend private message    
analoguekid
Even more Cool Member

uk.gif

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 11:02 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

I have one and its a nice sounding and very easy to use bit of gear:-) but considering the old ten six was digital oscillators I am not surprised its sound is very similar
HiddenView user's profileSend private messageSend e-mail    
REWO Records
One of the Coolest Member

netherlands.gif

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 1:09 am    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

I had the Juno 106 back in 2005 for a few months, but I am surprised by this.

But now with the Minilogue nobody seems to talk about this "Boutique" stuff any longer.

OfflineView user's profileSend private message    
betawave
Very Cool Member

usa.gif

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 11:41 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

I admit to owning 2 Junos one was the 106 and the other the HS-60 i.e. 106 w speakers so am familiar with the sounds the JU-06 is damn close right down to the noisy chorus which was a definitive element of the 106's sound.

I will say this I have purchased and then re-sold a JP-08. Was totally not impressed with the boxed uninspiring imitation. No I dont own a Jupiter 8 but have played one in a studio once and the "boutique" ver. did not cut it. Real lack of persona and a certain grit with the boutique re-hash.

HiddenView user's profileSend private message    
analoguekid
Even more Cool Member

uk.gif

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 12:42 am    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

« betawave » wrote:
I admit to owning 2 Junos one was the 106 and the other the HS-60 i.e. 106 w speakers so am familiar with the sounds the JU-06 is damn close right down to the noisy chorus which was a definitive element of the 106's sound.

I will say this I have purchased and then re-sold a JP-08. Was totally not impressed with the boxed uninspiring imitation. No I dont own a Jupiter 8 but have played one in a studio once and the "boutique" ver. did not cut it. Real lack of persona and a certain grit with the boutique re-hash.

The Jupiter 8 had VCO's not digital Oscillators so anything digital is never going to cut it Wink

HiddenView user's profileSend private messageSend e-mail    
Scott M2

blank.gif

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 5:28 am    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

And the Tuning button on the Super Jupiter for the VCOs was great!

OfflineView user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's website    

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 2:35 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

« REWO Records » wrote:
nobody seems to talk about this "Boutique" stuff any longer.

certainly not in the niche that is electronic music of the berlin or new-age kind, but these are going down a storm with dance/techno musicians which is what these machines excel at.

besides the boutiques are ltd editions, once they are gone that's it, no more will be released. roland are shipping the very last batches to retailers on an order only basis.

Jump to:   

Show permissions

© 2007-2019 EMPortal.info
Original logo design by Kimmo Heikkilä

CrackerTracker © 2004 - 2019 CBACK.de