EMPortal.info Forum Index The Gateway to Electronic Music
Navigation  •   Portal  •   Forum  •   Profile  •   Search  •   SmartFeed  •   Register  •   Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

The problem of invariability inherent to all EM musics

xxx440Hz
Even more Cool Member

uk.gif

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 10:46 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

« dronescape » wrote:

most listeners of EM want sequencers on everything. it's like chips with everything.

Yes, but please with more sequences... Razz

OfflineView user's profileSend private message    
dronescape
musical thief & thoroughly bad guy

blank.gif

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 10:56 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

« Syn » wrote:
that's one thing that gets you thinking, do all EM artists make music to please their fans or do they make music for themselves, or a combination of both ?

It's for my own enjoyment -- I need to listen to something new that I haven't explored for the past 35 or 40 years. If somebody else enjoys it as well -- this would make an old man very happy.

Sequences are to electronic music what salt and vinegar are to chips -- sometimes, I like Dutch or Belgian-style chips with plenty of various dressings... patat oorlog would perhaps be a tad too much, though.

Stephen

HiddenView user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's website    
Syn
Very Cool Member

uk.gif

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 11:08 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

« dronescape » wrote:
It's for my own enjoyment

this is my way also, i will sometimes record personal music that i don't put out, and other stuff i do put out.

« dronescape » wrote:
Sequences are to electronic music what salt and vinegar are to chips

too much chips can be bland after a while, tbh though i would be quite happy to sit down and make albums like zeit or atem more often.

HiddenView user's profileSend private message    
modulator_esp
One of the Coolest Member

uk.gif

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 11:53 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

« Syn » wrote:
that's one thing that gets you thinking, do all EM artists make music to please their fans or do they make music for themselves, or a combination of both ?

Since I have no idea what my fans, if I even have any, actually like, I have to make music for myself

modulator_esp

uk.gif

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 11:54 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

« dronescape » wrote:
« Syn » wrote:

It's for my own enjoyment -- I need to listen to something new that I haven't explored for the past 35 or 40 years. If somebody else enjoys it as well -- this would make an old man very happy.

Sequences are to electronic music what salt and vinegar are to chips -- sometimes, I like Dutch or Belgian-style chips with plenty of various dressings... patat oorlog would perhaps be a tad too much, though.

Stephen

and in the US they call chips 'vinegar fries' - what does that say Wink

ech3
Even more Cool Member

usa.gif

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 1:43 am    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

> and in the US they call chips 'vinegar fries' - what does that say

I live in the US and can honestly say I've never heard that expression. Not once.

You can put vinegar on fries yourself at some places but I've never heard it called that.

We just called them...fries.

Now...in Minnesota some people put mayo on their fries (which makes me want to heave).

stevepalmer

wales.gif

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 9:02 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

This has been a very interesting series of comments to read…

It's got to the stage with me recently that I feel like destroying my past and starting entirely again. New name, new attitude, new music.

Out with the old. :/

Jump to:   

Show permissions

© 2007-2016 EMPortal.info
Original logo design by Kimmo Heikkilä

CrackerTracker © 2004 - 2017 CBACK.de