EMPortal.info Forum Index The Gateway to Electronic Music
Navigation  •   Portal  •   Forum  •   Profile  •   Search  •   SmartFeed  •   Register  •   Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

Chris Franke

Jon
One of the Coolest Member

norway.gif

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 9:50 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Hmm...didn't know that. Perhaps it explains the silence around him for several years. Hopefully it inspires him to start making music agian.

OfflineView user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's website    
xcenter
Very Cool Member

blank.gif

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:58 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

I wonder why this wasn´t already mentioned here, but by the end of last year Chris Franke has released hours of new music. These are no real albums but collections of functional music, previously unreleased as far as I can say. Very electronic and quite familiar sound design.
The collections are named "Undercurrent Vol.1-3" and "Dark Ambient".
Available at Amazon Music, Spotify, Deezer etc.

Cheers
Frank

OfflineView user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's website    
dronescape
musical thief & thoroughly bad guy

blank.gif

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 4:30 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

« xcenter » wrote:
I wonder why this wasn´t already mentioned here, but by the end of last year Chris Franke has released hours of new music. These are no real albums but collections of functional music, previously unreleased as far as I can say. Very electronic and quite familiar sound design.
The collections are named "Undercurrent Vol.1-3" and "Dark Ambient".
Available at Amazon Music, Spotify, Deezer etc.

Cheers
Frank

« scorpion » wrote:
In case you missed it when they first came out, there are 41 Chris Franke library music CDs here at Killer Tracks. Mainly electronic.

http://www.killertracks.com/#!/browse.aspx?selectedLabelId=86

Go to the foot of the page and select 'Featured Composers" and then select "Christopher Franke"

HiddenView user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's website    
xcenter
Very Cool Member

blank.gif

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 4:39 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Honestly... I´m awake now. Laughing

Hans

belgium.gif

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:15 am    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

a new Christopher Franke soundtrack album appeared on my Apple Music, called "Welcome to the show 2", electronic, but sadly forgettable music
HiddenView user's profileSend private message    
Jon

norway.gif

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 12:45 am    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

I guess it's music from a reality TV show. Indeed commercial sounding, but nevertheless kind of refreshing.

https://www.amazon.com/Welcome-Show-Vol-Christopher-Franke/dp/B072JJL3PJ/ref=sr_1_1?s=dmusic&ie=UTF8&qid=1498257954&sr=1-1-mp3-albums-bar-strip-0&keywords=franke+welcome

cyberiad2001
Very Cool Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:41 am    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

sic transit gloria mundi... Hopefully he gets paid enough anyway

dronescape

blank.gif

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 10:42 am    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

« Hans » wrote:
[...] sadly forgettable music

I already felt this way about Klemania -- I felt embarrassed for him when listening to this album for the first time (and I still do).

To me, it sounded cynical, made by someone who was completely fed up with everything around making music.

Luckily, Franke has left much behind which keeps inspiring.

Stephen

Jon

norway.gif

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 2:43 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Jon

norway.gif

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 2:44 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

« dronescape » wrote:
« Hans » wrote:

I already felt this way about Klemania -- I felt embarrassed for him when listening to this album for the first time (and I still do).

To me, it sounded cynical, made by someone who was completely fed up with everything around making music.

Stephen

Klemania is a great album.

xxx440Hz
Even more Cool Member

uk.gif

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 3:35 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

« dronescape » wrote:
« Hans » wrote:

Stephen

The first time I said "wow". Afterwards, you think it is not so great. Sounds like a demo album like saying "look what I am able to do if you ask me for film music".

OfflineView user's profileSend private message    
dronescape

blank.gif

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 6:52 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

I couldn't detect anything I would call a red thread in terms of narrative elements -- it sounded like a hotchpotch of random sounds and half-baked clichés thrown together, stirred once, and there you go...

I am sorry but I measure artists against their musical heritage, and boy, does this Franke fellow have some heritage to be measured against...

Stephen

Jon

norway.gif

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 8:39 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

« xxx440Hz » wrote:
« dronescape » wrote:
« Hans » wrote:

Stephen

The first time I said "wow". Afterwards, you think it is not so great. Sounds like a demo album like saying "look what I am able to do if you ask me for film music".

If only Franke wrote that kind of music for films. Mostly he wrote more or less orchestral/symphonic music for films, with only snippets of electronic stuff.

xxx440Hz
Even more Cool Member

uk.gif

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 10:31 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

« dronescape » wrote:
I couldn't detect anything I would call a red thread in terms of narrative elements -- it sounded like a hotchpotch of random sounds and half-baked clichés thrown together, stirred once, and there you go...

I am sorry but I measure artists against their musical heritage, and boy, does this Franke fellow have some heritage to be measured against...

Stephen

Completely agree.

OfflineView user's profileSend private message    
scorpion

blank.gif

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 6:56 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

For those who do have an interest in Franke's library music, I'm told that another one of his Reality series is scheduled for release on iTunes in December. It was also mentioned that a second 'Dark Ambient' collection could be on the cards at a later date.
HiddenView user's profileSend private message    

Jump to:   

Show permissions

© 2007-2019 EMPortal.info
Original logo design by Kimmo Heikkilä

CrackerTracker © 2004 - 2019 CBACK.de