EMPortal.info Forum Index The Gateway to Electronic Music
Navigation  •   Portal  •   Forum  •   Profile  •   Search  •   SmartFeed  •   Register  •   Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

Tangerine Dream Documentary (Crowdfunded)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 7:36 pm    Tangerine Dream Documentary (Crowdfunded) Reply with quoteBack to top

Tangerine Dream Documentary... Due in Autumn 2016.

Crowdfunding for this full length documentary commences on 1st MAY 2016. Here is the 'pitch video' in support of this important occasion. Please click on the links below for more information. Thank you in advance, for supporting this historic documentary. HELP US TO MAKE THE DREAM BECOME A REALITY.

https://bitly.com/tangerine-dream

http://electronicsound.co.uk/blog/tangerine-dream-documentary/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBpYtALSZH8

Not sure if Chris Franke will actually appear in this? But who knows!!

dronescape
musical thief & thoroughly bad guy

blank.gif

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 11:20 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

I'd rather they finish the Froese autobiography first before they embark on the next project.

Which, again, requires fund-raising. I mean, 5,000 Euros just to find your name featured in the credit roll of the film? Give me a break...

Stephen

HiddenView user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's website    
phaedra2008
One of the Coolest Member

australia.gif

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 2:02 am    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Not sure how relevant a documentary would be because musically TD was a very well documented band with some 125 albums, countless concerts and quite a few videos.

Tech talk and musical directions were covered in many interviews and is of less interest these days, so what don't we already know?

Unique photo's, short archival video clips and I guess the core content will be others talking bout their experiences with EF, probably the most interesting bit would be Chris Franke's involvement finally re-acknowledging his TD heritage...

Maybe the current members will be able to say something since in the past Edgar was taking charge of that.

But wow, what a challenge for the die hard fans Very Happy will they be ready to put their money where their mouth is or is this stressing the loyalty...

OfflineView user's profileSend private message    
dronescape

blank.gif

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 11:15 am    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

The idea of a comprehensive documentary, with plenty of archival material and/or concert excerpts, all in decent quality, backed with interviews, is no bad idea at all -- if done properly without heavy doses of "Selbstbeweihräucherung", as we call it in German (heavy back-patting in English...). "Signale aus der Schwäbischen Strasse" would be such an example, but please, spare me the pseudo-intellectual babble in Froese's living-room.

The Kraftwerk documentary that was aired a while ago was one of those negative examples... Kraftwerk seem to have invented everything from the wheel to sliced bread, and if you are not influenced by Kraftwerk, you must be tone-deaf and stupid.

I for one do enjoy watching documentaries on musicians or styles, even if I don't like the sort of music. There is always something you can feel inspired by.

Or not.

Stephen

lichtblick
Cool Member

blank.gif

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 2:59 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

I agree. Especially DVD extra materials can be a pain to sit through. Everything about the director or the new album is just ever so wonderful.
HiddenView user's profileSend private message    
analoguekid
Even more Cool Member

uk.gif

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 3:46 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Just shows the sorry state that the world of EM music is in Sad asking for funding from fans to make a documentary for them. You wouldn't see the likes of other big names in rock doing it, they would finance themselves or a exec producer would finance.
HiddenView user's profileSend private messageSend e-mail    
dronescape

blank.gif

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 5:02 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

I would expect TV programmes or institutions like arte or 3sat to fund such enterprises, as well as local insitutions like rbb or some Berlin/Potsdam/Brandenburg film fund that also supports young and fledgling film-makers.

After all, WDR also created the seven-part series Kraut & Rüben some years ago, as well as the Krautrocknacht.

This should not be entirely unrealistic.

I for one do not really endorse the idea of crowd-funding. I mean, the fellow with the spiky hairdo and the rat on his shoulder who's scrounging money from me outside Bielefeld central station also does some kind of crowd-funding, after all...

Stephen

Phobos
Even more Cool Member

uk.gif

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 9:13 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

« dronescape » wrote:
"Selbstbeweihräucherung"

What a brilliant word that is Cool

dronescape

blank.gif

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 12:32 am    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Germans are good at such unwieldy stuff, aren't they.

Sounds a bit like a title of an unreleased Pickford album... or Under the Dome, for that matter.

Ouch.

Stephen

Phobos
Even more Cool Member

uk.gif

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:49 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

I was thinking of using it myself Wink

dronescape

blank.gif

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 8:09 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

That's what I call tongue in cheek Smile.

Stephen

Jon
One of the Coolest Member

norway.gif

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 4:42 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Impressive that they have got Michael Mann involved. I just *might* forgive him for not hiring TD on more than two of his films. Wink

No money from me though. Sorry.

OfflineView user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's website    
lichtblick
Cool Member

blank.gif

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 7:52 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

I know it is expensive to make television, but it is me, or has the documentary an unrealistically high budget? From what I can read, the crowdfunding is only 20-25 % of the entire budget. And they want to raise 70,000 Euros from crowdfunding! I mean, that's a LOT in total! Why can't Arte pay it all? Is it a way of creating hype?
And can we really expect to see new footage? I am not sure what excactly we get, so I don't think I will donate. If it's just another talking heads documentary with Youtube and DVD-footage, I will be very disappointed.

HiddenView user's profileSend private message    

Jump to:   

Show permissions

© 2007-2019 EMPortal.info
Original logo design by Kimmo Heikkilä

CrackerTracker © 2004 - 2020 CBACK.de