EMPortal.info Forum Index The Gateway to Electronic Music
Navigation  •   Portal  •   Forum  •   Profile  •   Search  •   SmartFeed  •   Register  •   Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

Software/ Mergener and Weisser on Bandcamp

dronescape
musical thief & thoroughly bad guy

blank.gif

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 12:30 am    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Yes, very much like usin' gerunds and apostrophes all the time... driftin', floatin', groovin', feckin'... you'll get an idea.

At some point, Software was nothing but a trademark, a vehicle for releasing mediocre flimflam. Hey, even Klaus Schulze released an album with Software ("Fragrance", if I recall correctly).

Stephen

HiddenView user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's website    
RogerS
Cool Member

netherlands.gif

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 5:30 am    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

« VCO1 » wrote:
The question is if it's worth much more than 30 dollar. I own four of their cd's (and once had Chip Meditation part 1 on lp) but it never did much to me. Quite uninspired, cold music. What they(?) did later in their career was even less interesting, imho.

Yep I tend to agree. The music of Software "aged" very badly. I really don't like it anymore. If I had known that an original Digital Dance CD was worth that amount of money I would have sold it.

OfflineView user's profileSend private message    
REWO Records
One of the Coolest Member

netherlands.gif

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:32 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

« Jon » wrote:
The only one I have is Modesty Blaze from 1991. Quite good, I still play the CD from time to time.

haha, funny that was my favorite back in '91/'92. I played that album a lot more than Enigma.

BruecknerAmbient
One of the Coolest Member

germany.gif

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:18 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

« dronescape » wrote:
Yes, very much like usin' gerunds and apostrophes all the time... driftin', floatin', groovin', feckin'... you'll get an idea.

At some point, Software was nothing but a trademark, a vehicle for releasing mediocre flimflam. Hey, even Klaus Schulze released an album with Software ("Fragrance", if I recall correctly).

Stephen

Shocked A-ha! Well, this is the first time I ever heard about that. Went right over to BC to get an ear on "Fragrance", and what can I say: it really sounds quite a lot like KS during his not-so-fortunate sampling phase. No credits to be seen anywhere; perhaps he did disown the album soon after it was released...? Must learn more about that.

P.S. Discogs says it's an album by Georg Stettner, rather... Rolling Eyes

https://www.discogs.com/de/Software-Fragrance/release/126132

OfflineView user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's website    
EM154
Cool Member

usa.gif

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 6:16 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

I have
Beam-Scape M/W cd with Holographic cover

Chip-Meditation - with Holographic cover - cd
Electronic-Universe Pt 1 cd
Space Design - A greatest hits type cd
Heaven-To-Hell cd

Great music 30 years ago, a bit outdated today.
Still listen to Peter Mergener`s music. Have always like
his music.

Jump to:   

Show permissions

© 2007-2016 EMPortal.info
Original logo design by Kimmo Heikkilä

CrackerTracker © 2004 - 2017 CBACK.de