EMPortal.info Forum Index The Gateway to Electronic Music
Navigation  •   Portal  •   Forum  •   Profile  •   Search  •   SmartFeed  •   Register  •   Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

Rudy Adrian - Sequencer Rarities - GR-237

Ron
One of the Coolest Member

netherlands.gif

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 11:45 am    Rudy Adrian - Sequencer Rarities - GR-237 Reply with quoteBack to top

Sequencer Rarities is a compilation of pieces which were created around the same time I released six albums with Groove Records (2000 - 2007). The tracks here were never included on any of my Groove albums, and in fact the majority have never been previously released.

1. Sisters
Written in 1998, this is an out-take from my album Twilight and was created as a companion track to Summa Cum Laude. This track is dedicated to my good friend Barbara Stone and her sister Alison.

2. Solar Flares
Written in 2003, the year after my album Concerts in the USA, this is a semi-live studio recording and uses many of the techniques I employed for my USA concerts. It was originally written for my good friend Mike Valent.

3. Kinetic Flow
Written in 2000, this piece uses the same techniques as used in Kinetic Flow and was released on a CD-R which accompanied Mick Garlick's Sequences magazine.

4. Blue Waves
A live studio improvisation from around 2005.

5. Wind In The Trees
A semi-live recording from 2007, this was another track originally created for my good friend Mike Valent.

6. Summers at Ruby Bay
One of the first sequencer tracks I ever created. It was written at my father's house in Ruby Bay, New Zealand, during a very productive two-week summer holiday at the end of 1995. During that same time, I created many of the tracks that would end up on my first pressed-CD albums Twilight and The Healing Lake.

All the music on this album was recorded direct to stereo digital tape from a Yamaha SY77 synthesizer (plus on some tracks a Kurzweil K2000R sampler), driven via MIDI by a 1-megabyte Apple MacIntosh running Mark Of the Unicorn Performer 2.31+ software. External processing included a Lexicon MPX100 reverb and two Zoom 508 digital delays. Final mastering was done on ProTools at The Video Factory.

I am forever grateful to (in chronological order): Barbara Stone, Gerard Hueting, Dave Law, Bert Strolenberg, Fritz Couwenberg, Kees Aerts, Ron Boots, Eric Snelders, Mick Garlick, Mike Valent, Chuck van Zyl, Paul Ellis, Robert Carty, plus all the others who encouraged me to to explore this style of sequencer music during the time that these tracks were created.

Rudy Adrian, January 2017
Rudy Adrian welcomes contact from listeners via rudyadrian@hotmail.com

OfflineView user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's website    
Alvaro

spain.gif

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 6:28 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Ordered. Great musician.

OfflineView user's profileSend private message    
Alvaro

spain.gif

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 6:45 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Great album. A must-have for any Rudy Adrian fan.

Ron

netherlands.gif

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 7:01 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

« Alvaro » wrote:
Great album. A must-have for any Rudy Adrian fan.

thnx I agree it is a great album very good vibe

GrahamH
Very Cool Member

scotland.gif

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 12:49 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

« Ron » wrote:

thnx I agree it is a great album very good vibe

I would likely have ordered this from Groove along with the new Arcane album, and a few other new releases,
but not while you still owe me a refund (despite my having asked for one over a month ago)
on the Olivier Briand CD that I paid for nearly 3 months ago that still hasn't been posted Ron....
Rolling Eyes

Ron

netherlands.gif

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 3:04 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

If I know your normal name than i can check it
GrahamH
Very Cool Member

scotland.gif

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 7:25 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

« Ron » wrote:
If I know your normal name than i can check it

I e-mailed you on the 5th April, one month after I ordered the CD in question (you didn't reply).
I sent you another e-mail on 9th April (I got a very brief reply stating that it would likely be in stock within the week).
I e-mailed you again on 29th April (you didn't reply).
I sent you a final e-mail on 6th May asking for a refund (you didn't reply).

Ron, I find it somewhat strange that from both my user name on here "GrahamH",
and also in making reference in my previous post to the artist who's CD I still don't have, that you don't know who I am, or to the order I am referring? Confused

However, we'll try again shall we?

I'll drop you a PM straight away with the details.

Ron

netherlands.gif

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 8:50 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Well I don't know who are behind user names a the time, I have 17 Graham costumers in my database!! And 2 have an outstanding CD so that is why.
But we are sorting it out!

Jump to:   

Show permissions

© 2007-2016 EMPortal.info
Original logo design by Kimmo Heikkilä

CrackerTracker © 2004 - 2017 CBACK.de