EMPortal.info Forum Index The Gateway to Electronic Music
Navigation  •   Portal  •   Forum  •   Profile  •   Search  •   SmartFeed  •   Register  •   Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

this track: "Solar Reflector" needs to be finished

René

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 2:36 pm    this track: "Solar Reflector" needs to be finished Reply with quoteBack to top

This track "Solar Reflector" is done for 50 % and was originally recorded as a back-up track for a concert.

I would like to encourage every member who plays EM to add their part. The track was for download here:

The track is about 25 minutes long. You can make is shorter/longer if you wish. Use whatever instrument is appropiate for you. Please don't sing Smile

I am curious how different musicians can contribute on it. As for now it's not intended for a release, but can be done if wanted even on your own next CD.

I hope something nice is coming out.

Last edited by René on Thu Sep 04, 2008 11:21 am; edited 1 time in total

VCO1
One of the Coolest Member

netherlands.gif

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 2:42 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Cool idea!

Unfortunately I don't have access to any of my instruments for the next month, but when I'm back home again I'll give it a shot.

OfflineView user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's website    
pjtmusic

uk.gif

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 4:45 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Wow!

I can't sing anyway, so no worries about that happening.

To make my life easier what key(s) is it in?

OfflineView user's profileSend private message    
René

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 5:34 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

It's in E flat minor and the last part of 6 minutes in C minor
create
Quadra | Astrogator | Mr Humpries

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 1:29 am    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

[quote:a9b23aae4c="Ren
OfflineView user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's website    
René

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 3:18 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

no, Steve, I ask you kindly to finished this track Smile Would be a fine colloboration. I am not as dangerous as they say, because they put it mildly.
Didymos
Cool Member

finland.gif

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 12:03 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks, this is an interesting idea.

Just crossed my mind... What if someone submited only a one-track- mp3 to portal members and then the piece proceeds from one member to another (in an agreed order) so that each would add one new track/sound/effect. Seeing how the track evolves and how the final version turns out would be interesting.
Has anyone ever actually participated in this kind of project?

OfflineView user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's website    
René

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 11:25 am    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Yesterday I heard for the first time of what Didymos (Tommi) has made of the track. I am very happy with the result and the new name Smile. You can download it here: http://www.rewo-records.com/jukebox/solarreflection.mp3 Please enjoy.

Last edited by René on Thu Sep 04, 2008 11:36 am; edited 2 times in total

AEM

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 11:35 am    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Link problem ? Sad
René

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 12:16 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

TRy it again, Fred. It works.
Russell Storey
Even more Cool Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 2:20 am    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

where is the origional link to the track please i would like to have a go at this and cannot find it on your site
cheers Russell

treibklang

germany.gif

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 8:47 am    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

It's quite a nice track. I'd like a link to the original material, too, for hearing the added work.
Don't like that continuous filter producing that increasing/decreasing effect (sorry, don't have the right term). Makes it sound as if the recording didn't work properly.

OfflineView user's profileSend private message    
Didymos
Cool Member

finland.gif

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 8:52 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks for the feedback.

I intentionally "mangled" the original track thru an autofilter and liked the produced continuous alternation. That way there's also a bit more clarity occasionally for those mellow sounds added on.

Jump to:   

Show permissions

© 2007-2019 EMPortal.info
Original logo design by Kimmo Heikkilä

CrackerTracker © 2004 - 2020 CBACK.de