EMPortal.info Forum Index The Gateway to Electronic Music
Navigation  •   Portal  •   Forum  •   Profile  •   Search  •   SmartFeed  •   Register  •   Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

Transformers

Starwalker
One of the Coolest Member

usa.gif

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 3:48 pm    Transformers Reply with quoteBack to top

Anyone checking Transformers out, the special effects look spectacular, i may go see it today..

HiddenView user's profileSend private messageSend e-mail    
create
Quadra | Astrogator | Mr Humpries

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 6:33 pm    Re: Transformers Reply with quoteBack to top

« stingray64 » wrote:
Anyone checking Transformers out, the special effects look spectacular, i may go see it today..

Certainly a film i want to see once it opens here in the UK! Smile

OfflineView user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's website    
BillBinkelman
Very Cool Member

usa.gif

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 6:42 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm going this weekend. Not expecting a "great" movie, but Michael Bay can direct some neat SFX and that's what I'm hoping for.
OfflineView user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's website    
Jon

norway.gif

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 12:08 am    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

I'll see it sooner or later, probably on DVD.

Listen closely to the music score by STEVE JABLONSKY, a talented composer coming from the Hans Zimmer school. Jablonsky wrote a good score for The Island, also a Michael Bay film.

Starwalker

usa.gif

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 4:16 am    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

FANTASTIC MOVIE, MIND BLOWING, SPECIAL F/X ARE ABSOLUTELY THE BEST EVER IN ANY MOVIE I HAVE EVER SEEN, SPECTACULAR, VERY KEWL, A MUST SEE, GOING TO SEE AGAIN, AND AGAIN PROBABLY. TWO WORDS: OR THREE..............GO SEE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

synthnl

netherlands.gif

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 8:39 am    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

OK I will go Smile

www.synth.nl, www.myspace.com/synthnl and synthnl.blogspot.com

OfflineView user's profileSend private messageSend e-mail    
DeepR
Cool Member

blank.gif

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 2:24 am    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Nice FX, but that's all there is to it.
Very silly story, stupid scenes and lines, too much lame humor, and a hot babe. Not enough screen time for transformers.

Actually I hated it. They should've used the opportunity to make something different, something better than the usual popcorn cartoon adaptation.
They could've made a more serious, dark, atmospheric, futuristic cybernetic robot war movie. It doesn't have to be cheese....

So far of all these cartoon movies I like X-men 1-3 best by far.

OfflineView user's profileSend private message    
Starwalker

usa.gif

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 6:34 am    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

« DeepR » wrote:
Very silly story, stupid scenes and lines, too much lame humor, and a hot babe. Not enough screen time for transformers.

Actually I hated it. They should've used the opportunity to make something different, something better than the usual popcorn cartoon adaptation.
They could've made a more serious, dark, atmospheric, futuristic cybernetic robot war movie. It doesn't have to be cheese....

Dude thats your opinion. Quite a well made movie, F/x great , the humor not too bad. IMO, that is, first person i heard negative comments. I wouldnt bother following your input at all.

Soundwave
Cool Member

uk.gif

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 3:37 am    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Things were going ok then the film started to get a little unnecessarily cheezy around half way through with lame comedy relief that just wasn't needed, heck even the original cartoon didn't have Autobots hiding away in a back garden from unsuspecting parents! Confused
Anyhowz the CGI is guaranteed to blow you away which, thanks to Spielberg (Producer) isn't shy with using plenty of it and together with Bays skill at high octane action scenes (if nothing else) the eventual colossal battle is very satisfying which for me made up for the minor failings of the film but hey what the hell did you come to watch?

I would certainly watch again just for the action scenes alone and I'm looking forward the the two sequels (Soundwave and Dinobots in no.2 yey Smile ) as long as they cut the Cheddar its just not needed! Rolling Eyes

OfflineView user's profileSend private message    
Azra
Cool Member

blank.gif

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 6:02 am    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

To digress: I love Vince DiCola's music for "The Transformers--The Movie (20th Anniversary Edition)" (the animation). And Lion's definitive version of the theme song absolutely rocks ("Transformerrrsss! More than meets the eye!").

I too like the 2007 movie--you can't take the concept too seriously anywho--it was fun. Maybe just a little frenetic.

OfflineView user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's website    
RocksOfGod

australia.gif

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 12:06 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

I saw it nearly 5 times
Loved it

René

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 2:01 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Vince DiCola's music is great. The instrumental tracks of the Rocky 4 soundtrack are superb too.
synthnl

netherlands.gif

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 2:22 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Just bought the DVD Very Happy We'll watch it at home again Smile

www.synth.nl, www.myspace.com/synthnl and synthnl.blogspot.com

Feb birth
Even more Cool Member

usa.gif

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 8:25 am    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

« DeepR » wrote:

I wouldn't say I hated it but those lame one liners along with those supposed big bad transformers joking around started gettng on my nerves too.

I guess I was expecting bad ass and intense instead of a light hearted action comedy.

HiddenView user's profileSend private message    
Jon

norway.gif

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 10:50 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

[quote="Ren

Jump to:   

Show permissions

© 2007-2019 EMPortal.info
Original logo design by Kimmo Heikkilä

CrackerTracker © 2004 - 2019 CBACK.de