EMPortal.info Forum Index The Gateway to Electronic Music
Navigation  •   Portal  •   Forum  •   Profile  •   Search  •   SmartFeed  •   Register  •   Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

Tangerine Tree/Leaves

Eric G
Even more Cool Member

sweden.gif

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 3:07 pm    Tangerine Tree/Leaves Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi all!

I suppose this has been up before, but I couldn't find it now:

How do I download or get the CD:s in the Tangerine Tree series?

I just found some great tracks from their 1976 tour on youtube, and I would like to get the music.

Thanks!

OfflineView user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's website    
cucamonga
Even more Cool Member

spain.gif

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:44 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Did you try Torrent sites?

I believe there is also a Russian web site where you can download the whole set one by one through Rapidshare links but I can´t put the link here... Embarassed

OfflineView user's profileSend private message    
Eric G
Even more Cool Member

sweden.gif

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:05 am    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm not into illegal downloading! Evil or Very Mad

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:13 am    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

« Eric G » wrote:

Then go buy the Bootleg Boxes and the Bootmoon CD's. The other TT's and TL's are considered bootlegs, and can only be required the "illegal way".

VCO1
One of the Coolest Member

netherlands.gif

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:13 am    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

« Eric G » wrote:

Well, since the original source -- the more or less 'official' one -- is not available anymore, all options would be 'illegal' in some way.
Although in this specific case, legal/illegal is a bit gray area. The source itself never being released properly to start with...

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:16 am    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

+ the youtube video you watched was just as illegal...
phaedra2008

australia.gif

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:44 am    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

From what I remember reading, The Tangerine Dream Tree/Leaves projects were "endorsed" by Edgar under TD's "tolerance" policy, meaning stuff that does not sell by the thousands...
3 years ago I bought around 200CDr's in one go, the "then" complete TT/TL audio set.
Edgar also appealed occasionally to the project for material.
It is the most complete unofficial TD archive around.

from the something is better than nothing point of view, I would not hesitate getting something "illegal" if unavailable to buy, and when it comes out I buy the real thing.

One recent example, Tony Palmer-Vangelis clip on YouTube, I grabbed it, 2 days later it was gone.
Meanwhile, I ordered the Palmer DVD compilation with a Vangelis clip thinking it will be the same in better quality, well, it turned out to be a totally different footage from YouTube.

There is little point sticking to an ethical philosophy when the artists themselves often don't.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 11:00 am    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Edgar requested the project being shut down in 2006, so technically it's a bootleg series these days. However, I recommend TD fans to check it out. Great stuff.
phaedra2008

australia.gif

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 11:38 am    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Maybe Edgar figured out there may be money to be made after all or, that there may be more interesting stuff there than in the new TD releases, Laughing
Remember the tapes swaps from the 80's, I still have 100 cassettes, these CDr's are the same tapes with some audio cleaning applied, some sound Ok some don't.
The fact is, it's still running, this trade will only stop if collectors lose interest.

Eric G
Even more Cool Member

sweden.gif

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:02 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

So then, how does it work do get the "legal" stuff? Or is there nothing left?

phaedra2008

australia.gif

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 1:13 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

I am not sure how up to date the website is:
http://www.tadream.net/tree/default.htm
Sniff around, I am sure there ill be some leads, emails, etc to get what you want.
When I bought the set, there were no downloads, now I see some ftp sites I did not try.

This may be out of date now, from 2006:"
Since almost three years I have shipped out over 60.000 Tangerine Tree discs to fans worldwide, and I have over 300 people who regularly receive new volumes from me (including Edgar Froese!). You will also find my name in the credits of the nice "Bootleg Box Set" and the not so nice "Live in.." CDs, so rest assured that I'm not here to rip you off Smile
Check it out here:
http://web.archive.org/web/20060501162120/www.beepworld.de/members83/tadreamer/prices.htm

redphil

blank.gif

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 2:14 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

« Pertou » wrote:
Edgar requested the project being shut down in 2006, .

Not surprising really since he now releases pretty much every live performance officially.

I think the only way to obtain the Tree stuff now is to find someone willing to do copies, on a cost only basis. Which is how it used to work originally.

Eric G
Even more Cool Member

sweden.gif

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 4:31 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks!

sparrow

scotland.gif

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 6:50 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

I have all the TT/TL and being honest it is an exausting and daunting thought to play every single one. I've only listened to very few and some of them are excellent and some not worth having at all. I do wish CDR's had a long lifespan.
rattymouse
Very Cool Member

usa.gif

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:40 am    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

« sparrow » wrote:
I have all the TT/TL and being honest it is an exausting and daunting thought to play every single one. I've only listened to very few and some of them are excellent and some not worth having at all. I do wish CDR's had a long lifespan.

What kind of life do you get out of a CDR?

Jump to:   

Show permissions

© 2007-2019 EMPortal.info
Original logo design by Kimmo Heikkilä

CrackerTracker © 2004 - 2019 CBACK.de