EMPortal.info Forum Index The Gateway to Electronic Music
Navigation  •   Portal  •   Forum  •   Profile  •   Search  •   SmartFeed  •   Register  •   Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

Good news for Brückner haters (Updated)

BruecknerAmbient
One of the Coolest Member

germany.gif

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:57 am    Good news for Brückner haters (Updated) Reply with quoteBack to top

People who always felt they were reading my name too often in this forum - or elsewhere - can rejoice:

Due to immediate pressing real-life issues, I'm forced to take a break of yet undetermined length* from most of my musical (and self-promotional) activities.

In effect that means (for the moment):

- I have to cancel most of the concerts planned for 2018 (and I had been so happy that there were indeed a few! Confused )

- All current unfinished projects and collaborations are on hold (except for P'Faun's next album, for the simple reason that I finished recording my parts already months ago...)

- My (many) self-distributed albums will be available as downloads only until I found other channels of production and distribution; my current - highly personal - style of distribution might not return...

- My activities / presence in forums and social networks will be reduced; also I won't be able for a while to maintain contacts with reviewers / radio hosts etc.

...and maybe more.

Those of You who are going to miss me (if there are any) - please feel free to wish me good luck; it might be needed. Smile

* Depending on further developments, this situation might last between a few weeks (at best - for me...), a few months or: forever...

"I've come and I've gone before you wink an eye..."

(Deep Purple, "No One Came", 1971)

Last edited by BruecknerAmbient on Sun May 06, 2018 10:24 am; edited 1 time in total

OfflineView user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's website    
thirdsystem

blank.gif

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:07 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Sorry to hear that Michael, your cheery, friendly banter and music choices will be missed here.

I wish you well and hope whatever the issue is works out the best for you.

Take care and all the best.

Paul

OfflineView user's profileSend private message    
REWO Records

netherlands.gif

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:58 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Wishing you all the strenght and wisdom the coming period. I will miss you here in the portal and on the social networks. Your entries are always very positive. I really appreciate it.

However, it is now more important to focus on your inner and have some rest to regain your new strenghts. We will see and meet again somewhere my friend.

softroom
Even more Cool Member

uk.gif

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 2:36 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Wishing you the very best amigo.
Life can get in the way of art but art will triumph in the end.

OfflineView user's profileSend private messageSend e-mail    
SolarPlexus
Very Cool Member

netherlands.gif

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 2:44 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

I have had a similar experience during the early years of your presence on this forum. I've come around and enjoy the music and this forum more so than ever.

I think it will be very quiet on this forum (in a way) without your informative messages and your ever expanding discography.

Wishing you all the best and hope for a speedy revival.

"omnium optimi"

Vignoble @ Co.
Site Admin

blank.gif

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 5:38 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

“Your strength doesn't come from winning. It comes from struggles and hardship”

See you soon Michael!

https://twitter.com/emportal

OfflineView user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's website    
Phobos
Even more Cool Member

uk.gif

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:33 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Sorry to hear this Michael, I hope you will be back here and elsewhere soon and I wish you all the best for the coming weeks/months. Take care and look after yourself.

VCO1

netherlands.gif

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:50 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Michael, your witty and cheerful presence will be missed. Hope you'll return soon. Not just for 'us' (the community), but mostly for yourself, as it will mean that whatever you have to deal with has been taken care of.
And - as one of my favourite podcast hosts always says - until then I bid you peace and power.

Alvaro

spain.gif

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:31 am    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Michael, I hope you will return soon. But the most important thing now it's that your personal situation, whatever it is, will improve.

Best wishes,

Alvaro

BruecknerAmbient

germany.gif

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 3:10 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks a lot, everyone! Smile

The situation is *not* bleak - but still serious enough.

Hopes are that everything will resolve rather quickly - but even if that should be the case, I'll have to reorganise my life to a big extend, and how much - if any - time and energy there will be left for doing any music (...and promoting it) or even only for hanging around in social networks just for the joy of a little thought exchange with likeminded people - well: I have no idea...

Cheers to all, and have a nice weekend!

Now playing:

David Bowie, Changes Wink

BruecknerAmbient

germany.gif

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 11:23 am    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Here's an update to what's going on in my little world at the moment for those who are interested... in general and, of course, as far as my music is concerned...

As announced a few weeks ago, BIG changes in my life are about to happen at the moment:

* From June on, I will start to work in a new job.

While this is - as such - a good thing happening to me, it means that for many months (perhaps even years) I will be occupied with aquiring a whole new set of additional skills. Being not 20 anymore and considerably slower in learning than I used to be, it’s likely that most of the time I had for making music (and promoting it) so far will be consumed by that.

On top of that there are more things - some nice, some sad - concerning my closer and bigger family, which I also need to take care of.

* * I will spend much (MUCH!) less time on social media than I used to do.
In my old job, one of its benefits was that it was OK to take care of my online communication during the working day (as long as it didn’t interfere with my work). As You can imagine, this was a rare thing to have, and won’t be possible in my new job.

While some might welcome the fact that I’m going to spam less forums and FB groups etc. with promotion Wink of course this also means that I won’t be able to communicate as intensly with a lot of friends as I used to do, which I’m going to miss a lot. Sad

To make up for the reduced possibilities to make people aware of my music, I’m going to implement two things:

- a monthly newsletter (via email - I’m going to introduce it here briefly, maybe in another few weeks time)

- my own web page, finally (that’s still a long term thing to take care of)

- additionally, close friends, collaborators and „media partners“ will soon get my new email adress for staying in contact

Just for the remaining weeks of May though, I might be slightly more present online again though...

* * * Most of my ressources to produce nice CD-r editions of my albums and take care for their distribution will be lost soon. For this reason, at the moment I offer my self-distributed albums as download only.

There are two or three options I’m considering at the moment - one of which I’m going to use - to keep physical versions available. However, I couldn’t find the time to take care of that yet (see above), and it will take weeks or months until physical albums in some form will be back.

At some point, there will be a „final sale“ of those albums which are still „in stock“ though; I will offer those at special prices, so maybe that will be a nice opportunity for Brückner collectors (if such people exist Wink ).

Of course, I will announce both - that sale and the „regular“ return of the physical format once I know when exactly it’s going to happen…

* * * * There are still about twelve collaboration projects with several wonderful musical friends in the pipeline - some alread going on for a long, some for a short time, some still not even started (but promised).

Back before I learned that I needed to find a new job, my plans and hopes were that most of these will come to fruitation at differnet points in 2018. Of course, with everything new that happened since March, I know will be (even) slower in doing my parts in these collaborations (which is very frustrating to me, to say the least Sad ).

* * * * * Earlier this year, I received a lot of invitations to perform live in different places and with different projects, and thought 2018 was going to be great concerning concerts; yet with everything happening since, I had to cancel / turn down most of these opportunities. :-/

Still, *SOME* of them most likely WILL take place: for example, I’ll perform on Drone Day in Wiesbaden on May 26.
Later in 2018, there will be another concert with Bridge To Imla, and still later with P’Faun. These will be announced properly at a later point…

Well, this much (quite a lot) at the moment. Probably I forgot things - if for any reason You have any questions, please feel free to ask at any time. Smile

Thanks for Your attention!
And: if You like, wish me luck for the upcoming changes. Wink

Jump to:   

Show permissions

© 2007-2018 EMPortal.info
Original logo design by Kimmo Heikkilä

CrackerTracker © 2004 - 2018 CBACK.de