EMPortal.info Forum Index The Gateway to Electronic Music
Navigation  •   Portal  •   Forum  •   Profile  •   Search  •   SmartFeed  •   Register  •   Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

['ramp] -- no sleep 'til wilmersdorf: the berlin years

dronescape
musical thief & thoroughly bad guy

blank.gif

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 5:59 pm    ['ramp] -- no sleep 'til wilmersdorf: the berlin years Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi all,

thanks to the overwhelmingly positive resonance synchronize or die received, I could raise the funds for the next album in the pipeline, no sleep 'til wilmersdorf. Thank you very much to all of you who have supported me through their generosity and enabled me to pick up where I had left in 2012.

wilmersdorf will be the 11th album in ['ramp]'s history, and as you may have guessed already (telling from the title), this time it's going even further back (and faster) than with SOD:

In 1978/79 I spent some time in Berlin with my parents, living in the borough of Wilmersdorf, not too far away from all those historical sites as Thomas Kessler's Beat Studio, Michael Hoenig's place, Edgar Froese's home, Peter Baumann's Paragon Studio, or David Bowie's and Iggy Pop's flat in Schöneberg. To me, it was an amazing experience, witnessing the city divided by The Wall (not Roger's) -- in fact, I still draw from these memories when spending time in Berlin, and I confess I quite miss the oppressive and bleak atmosphere this place used to have:

https://doombientmusic.bandcamp.com/track/no-sleep-til-wilmersdorf-album-teaser

The album will be released officially on 2nd May 2018 in order to celebrate the 35th anniversary of my very first musical lesson. It will be limited to 222 hand-numbered copies, and it will come with a 12-page booklet. I am taking pre-orders now (if you don't need to have the FLAC download) through stephen at parsick dot com -- be quick if you want to make sure you're first in line.

Thanks for your time,

Stephen

HiddenView user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's website    
dronescape

blank.gif

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 6:03 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

I can't seem to be able to upload any attachments for some reasons... I hope this will do.

Stephen

qwave
Waldorfian

germany.gif

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 6:42 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

The teaser sounds very interesting. Pre ordered a minute ago.

"Das Plagiat ist vielleicht die aufrichtigste Form der Verehrung." Alfred Polgar (†1955)

OfflineView user's profileSend private message    
GrahamH
Even more Cool Member

scotland.gif

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 8:33 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Ordered without hesitation... Wink
Phobos
Even more Cool Member

uk.gif

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:23 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Same here Smile

VinceL
Cool Member

usa.gif

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 2:31 am    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Just sent in my payment.

I hope the US postal service doesn't screw up this delivery like they did with synchronize or die. Sad

I'm concerned because right now I have an issue with the new Chuck Van Zyl CD Recitals 2. Projekt shipped it from Philadelphia on March 27th. From March 30th until today, the package has been shipped back and forth between Atlanta, GA and Athens, GA 4 times. I've filed multiple complaints, but the package keeps bouncing back and forth. Mad

Starwalker
One of the Coolest Member

usa.gif

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 3:06 am    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Preordered
HiddenView user's profileSend private messageSend e-mail    
VCO1

netherlands.gif

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:24 am    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

« Starwalker » wrote:
Preordered

#metoo

Wink

OfflineView user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's website    
BruecknerAmbient

germany.gif

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:31 am    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

OfflineView user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's website    
dronescape

blank.gif

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:39 am    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Thank you all Smile.

BTW, I forgot to point out it's a *real* CD, no CDR.

And no MIDI, of course.

Stephen

Naus

netherlands.gif

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 5:52 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Looking forward to it!

I will order from bandcamp as I want the hi-res files.

(Have you considered giving out bandcamp codes with the cd's people order directy from you? Or will that cost you money?)

Jakub
Cool Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:58 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Stephen, your memories have triggered also mine. I rememeber I was 5 years old when my parents took me to Berlin (my father was working in DDR at that time) and we went to see Brandenburg Gate - I was very disappointed we couldn't pass through or came closer, I was asking very inconvinient questions to my parents Wink and then I was thinking all the countires should not have any borders, especially not of this kind as Berlin Wall. Well - I was only 5.

dronescape

blank.gif

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 12:29 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

« Naus » wrote:
[...] (Have you considered giving out bandcamp codes with the cd's people order directy from you? Or will that cost you money?)

I have but it means another batch of extra work for a single-handed operation -- I just presume people who order directly from me can do without the FLAC and would like to benefit from the lower price instead.

BTW, I am currently in the process of getting the first lot ready for shipment -- if you have already placed an order, please make sure your shipping address was included with the order as this will make life a lot easier for me.

If you have any preferences in terms of number, please let me know and I will try my best to please you (but I can't promise anything Wink ).

Thanks for your support,

Stephen

dronescape

blank.gif

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 12:52 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

« Jakub » wrote:

Stephen, your memories have triggered also mine. I rememeber I was 5 years old when my parents took me to Berlin (my father was working in DDR at that time) and we went to see Brandenburg Gate - I was very disappointed we couldn't pass through or came closer, I was asking very inconvinient questions to my parents Wink and then I was thinking all the countires should not have any borders, especially not of this kind as Berlin Wall. Well - I was only 5.

Smile

The view across Pariser Platz -- which was completely abandoned at that time, with barricades and armed forces everywhere -- was really scary, and it made the Siegessäule visible off in the distance (just beyond Brandenburger Tor) a surreal sight.

I could remember those endless corridors, covered in yellow tiles, when travelling to East-Berlin via S-Bahnhof Friedrichstrasse, and the MPs and NVA soldiers manning the counters -- those corridors are still there, and the tiles are still the same (I presume).

I had my first Hamburger at Burger King's on Kufürstendamm...

Stephen

Phobos
Even more Cool Member

uk.gif

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:07 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

« dronescape » wrote:

BTW, I am currently in the process of getting the first lot ready for shipment -- if you have already placed an order, please make sure your shipping address was included with the order as this will make life a lot easier for me.

If you have any preferences in terms of number, please let me know and I will try my best to please you (but I can't promise anything Wink ).

Thanks for your support,

Stephen

Yay Cool

Jump to:   

Show permissions

© 2007-2018 EMPortal.info
Original logo design by Kimmo Heikkilä

CrackerTracker © 2004 - 2018 CBACK.de