EMPortal.info Forum Index The Gateway to Electronic Music
Navigation  •   Portal  •   Forum  •   Profile  •   Search  •   SmartFeed  •   Register  •   Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

AZUMA

Jon
One of the Coolest Member

norway.gif

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:32 pm    AZUMA Reply with quoteBack to top

I just bought a very fine vinyl copy of Azuma's self-titled 1987 album on Private Music. A positive surprise, as I just had heard one of his tracks. Melodic stuff, a lot of it more vibrant than his countryman Kitaro. ARMOR could almost have been Jan Hammer in Miami Vice mode.

He released some albums in Japan in the early 80s before Private Music put out two records in 87/88. After that he released some stuff in his native land again. He sadly passed away in 2012 of pneumonia, 64 years old.

Anyone got any of his records?

https://www.discogs.com/artist/943980-Yoshitaka-Azuma

OfflineView user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's website    
Hans

belgium.gif

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:31 am    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

I got two of his releases from Private Music on CD (Azuma and The Wanderer). I was introduced to his music through a radio show back in the early 90s. I didn't realize he passed away.
HiddenView user's profileSend private message    
Paul

netherlands.gif

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:36 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

I have the cd Azuma and quite like it. It contains beautiful sounds from the greatest instruments you could possibly get in those days like Fairlight and PPG Wave computer.
OfflineView user's profileSend private message    
RogerS
Very Cool Member

netherlands.gif

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 1:34 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

I've also got both Azuma and The Wanderer on private CDs. Need to give then a "spin" again Well that is listen to the flac files as the older music cd's are all neatly stored on the attic..
OfflineView user's profileSend private message    

Jump to:   

Show permissions

© 2007-2019 EMPortal.info
Original logo design by Kimmo Heikkilä

CrackerTracker © 2004 - 2019 CBACK.de