EMPortal.info Forum Index The Gateway to Electronic Music
Navigation  •   Portal  •   Forum  •   Profile  •   Search  •   SmartFeed  •   Register  •   Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

B-Wave Festival: get your tickets or it will be cancelled!

REWO Records
One of the Coolest Member

netherlands.gif

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 3:56 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

What about the finances:

- 20 to 50 euro for a ticket
- 20 to maybe 200 euro for travelling
- 20 to 30 euro for drinks and food
- not to forget all the CDs you would like to buy.

It is a lot of money...

OfflineView user's profileSend private message    
B-Wave
Cool Member

belgium.gif

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 6:57 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Very interesting debate Smile
It is indeed true that maybe there are too many concerts/festivals.
But as far as I can tell Awakenings, B-Wave, E-Live or EC plan a different line-up each time.
Maybe the nuances are small sometimes, but it is different. And this is great!
We (Mark and Johan, organizers of the B-Wave Festival) try -for example- to pay attention to the (totally) unknown artists, look at our line-up of this year and you'll see what I mean. We do NOT invite them to fill up the "empty gaps" in the line-up, no we really think their music is awesome! We will NEVER invite an artist who makes sh*t music to our opinion, even he/she is world-famous. Look at Alienna, finally a female artist and she has her unique and great style. Three years ago we had Space Megalithe from France. No-one had heard from them. Well they blew everyone's socks off! Last year we had Carbon Based Lifeforms, well, some complained that they were too "modern"/"trancy" etc. So, what does one want? This year we feature Michael Stearns who hasn't set foot on European ground since 2003 ! AND it's a fully surround performance as well with cinematic projection (the venue also is a cinema). Isn't that unique? In the US he is renown for his surround recordings btw.
Fixing a fine line-up is a difficult task. Ask any organizer Smile There's so much to take into account!

HiddenView user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's website    
dronescape
musical thief & thoroughly bad guy

blank.gif

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 7:23 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

« REWO Records » wrote:
What about the finances:

- 20 to 50 euro for a ticket
- 20 to maybe 200 euro for travelling
- 20 to 30 euro for drinks and food
- not to forget all the CDs you would like to buy.

It is a lot of money...

Good point -- attending three festivals a year can make you a poor man. Add another concert or two...

When there was only KLEM dag, I was saving up my student's money all the year in order to be able to buy records, CDs, and memorabilia. And fuel, of course -- I was always happy to go with others to share the bill with.

I have grown a bit tired of travelling, I must confess.

Stephen

REWO Records

netherlands.gif

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 7:47 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

« B-Wave » wrote:
Very interesting debate Smile
It is indeed true that maybe there are too many concerts/festivals.
But as far as I can tell Awakenings, B-Wave, E-Live or EC plan a different line-up each time.
Maybe the nuances are small sometimes, but it is different. And this is great!
We (Mark and Johan, organizers of the B-Wave Festival) try -for example- to pay attention to the (totally) unknown artists, look at our line-up of this year and you'll see what I mean. We do NOT invite them to fill up the "empty gaps" in the line-up, no we really think their music is awesome! We will NEVER invite an artist who makes sh*t music to our opinion, even he/she is world-famous. Look at Alienna, finally a female artist and she has her unique and great style. Three years ago we had Space Megalithe from France. No-one had heard from them. Well they blew everyone's socks off! Last year we had Carbon Based Lifeforms, well, some complained that they were too "modern"/"trancy" etc. So, what does one want? This year we feature Michael Stearns who hasn't set foot on European ground since 2003 ! AND it's a fully surround performance as well with cinematic projection (the venue also is a cinema). Isn't that unique? In the US he is renown for his surround recordings btw.
Fixing a fine line-up is a difficult task. Ask any organizer Smile There's so much to take into account!

Yes but again, someone has decide if he or she wants to spend that amount of money on it every time or the total time of travelling. Think of the total price point not the fact that your acts are great or not.

BruecknerAmbient

germany.gif

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 7:48 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

« VCO1 » wrote:
Playing devil's advocate... if I have the choice I'd rather go and see a good band than some guy sitting behind his laptop

Well, some acts on the events discussed here include drummers, percussionists, guitar players - so I guess they qualify as "band", even if it doesn't necessarily mean it's also a good one of course; I also heard of musicians buying new analog synths for the purpose of playing them at one of these festivals... Rolling Eyes

...just a few examples I happen to be aware of, I think others could add more. Cool

But anyway, here's one aspect that not has been taken into consideration yet:

Of course, listeners want to see great live acts. But how and where would musicians or bands learn the craft of being a great live act without a chance to go out there, have an audience (even a small one) and play, in order to gather experience...?

I think playing on stage before an audience isn't something most people can learn at home.

Even famous and experienced bands have the habit of playing "warm-up" gigs in some far away places before going on tour to countries where their main audiences live. Usually these bands play more of these warm-up gigs, with larger audiences, than any electronic musician does in his or her whole career - and still the performance of these bands on the "serious" parts of their tours isn't always top notch (I particularily know this about Deep Purple because I followed the band for many years, but of course it's the same for many professional acts...).

So - how could one possibly expect great stagemansship from musicians most of whom are nerds that step out of their bedroom producer studios once in two or three years...?

If the (already small) occasions to play even get less in the future, and with mostly no local scene at hand, where would "stars" come from once the old ones have gone...?

OfflineView user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's website    
REWO Records

netherlands.gif

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 7:52 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

The World is a Stage.

REWO Records

netherlands.gif

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 7:53 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

BTW I don't want to get my tickets as a cause/result an event has to be cancelled or not.

B-Wave
Cool Member

belgium.gif

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:31 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Great news: the festival will take place!

REWO Records

netherlands.gif

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:38 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

« B-Wave » wrote:

That's good news!

dronescape

blank.gif

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:49 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

That's good news -- I had been looking forward not only to Michael Stearns but also to Friet met Stoverij in the snack bar next door...

Stephen

Daniel
Even more Cool Member

uk.gif

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:37 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

« dronescape » wrote:
That's good news -- I had been looking forward not only to Michael Stearns but also to Friet met Stoverij in the snack bar next door...

Stephen

That's very good news on the festival.... and for the Friet met Stoverij industry.

My Life has Come

BruecknerAmbient

germany.gif

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 5:32 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

« B-Wave » wrote:

Excellent!!! Good luck with everything!

OfflineView user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's website    
waveman2.3
Even more Cool Member

netherlands.gif

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 3:30 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Stay tuned !! Waveman plays music from the musicians performing on both festivals in two hours on monday 15th Also unreleased ! http://emportal.info/viewtopic.php?t=13428

See Yah, Waveman

dronescape

blank.gif

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:50 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

« Daniel » wrote:
« dronescape » wrote:

Stephen

That's very good news on the festival.... and for the Friet met Stoverij industry.

I wholeheartedly agree.

Stephen

waveman2.3
Even more Cool Member

netherlands.gif

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:48 am    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Twice as nice to see you again Stephen Smile

Jump to:   

Show permissions

© 2007-2018 EMPortal.info
Original logo design by Kimmo Heikkilä

CrackerTracker © 2004 - 2018 CBACK.de