EMPortal.info Forum Index The Gateway to Electronic Music
Navigation  •   Portal  •   Forum  •   Profile  •   Search  •   SmartFeed  •   Register  •   Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

Suzanne Ciani in conversation with Christine Kakaire

Vignoble @ Co.
Site Admin

blank.gif

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2019 8:13 am    Suzanne Ciani in conversation with Christine Kakaire Reply with quoteBack to top

Suzanne Ciani in conversation with Christine Kakaire

“A sitting with the diva of the diode”

Check here

https://twitter.com/emportal

OfflineView user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's website    
BruecknerAmbient
One of the Coolest Member

germany.gif

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2019 12:32 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Oh, cool - thanks a lot! Smile

OfflineView user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's website    
VCO1

netherlands.gif

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2019 4:26 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Interesting interview. The renewed attention for Suzanne and her music is quite remarkable (but deserved!).
Jon

norway.gif

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 11:28 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

A pity they didn't go more deeply into her time on Private Music in the 80s/90s. I have always wondered if she had any contact with TD, O'Hearn and Yanni during that time.

VCO1

netherlands.gif

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:16 am    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

« Jon » wrote:
A pity they didn't go more deeply into her time on Private Music in the 80s/90s. I have always wondered if she had any contact with TD, O'Hearn and Yanni during that time.

I think you missed the point of this interview. It's all about her work on/with the Buchla. Her sound design in the early seventies. And her part in EM history. The PM years are not what the people are interested in anymore. And I doubt if she's still proud of that work herself.
Don't get me wrong, I own and like(d) most of here PM releases. But it was not the most revolutionary work she did there.
And I doubt if any of these artists ever met. Just because they're on the same label doesn't mean they're "colleagues".

Jon

norway.gif

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 6:56 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

« VCO1 » wrote:
« Jon » wrote:

I think you missed the point of this interview. It's all about her work on/with the Buchla. Her sound design in the early seventies. And her part in EM history. The PM years are not what the people are interested in anymore. And I doubt if she's still proud of that work herself.
Don't get me wrong, I own and like(d) most of here PM releases. But it was not the most revolutionary work she did there.
And I doubt if any of these artists ever met. Just because they're on the same label doesn't mean they're "colleagues".

Wow, Mr. Know-It-All strikes again! Laughing

90 % of all interviews with Ciani is about the 70s, her role as a "legend" and so on. Most people have heard about that many times before. How can you say that the PM years are not what people are interested in anymore? Have you asked them? Don't you think that all parts of an artist's career should be taken into account when an extensive interview takes place?

You are just coming with a lot of speculations here, about Ciani's feelings about her own music and so on. And I have personally seen a black and white photo of several of the Private Music artists together, at some party.

Jump to:   

Show permissions

© 2007-2019 EMPortal.info
Original logo design by Kimmo Heikkilä

CrackerTracker © 2004 - 2019 CBACK.de