EMPortal.info Forum Index The Gateway to Electronic Music
Navigation  •   Portal  •   Forum  •   Profile  •   Search  •   SmartFeed  •   Register  •   Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

Michael Brückner - Footprints New Album

CyclicalDreams

blank.gif

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 5:12 am    Michael Brückner - Footprints New Album Reply with quoteBack to top

BANDCAMP:

cyclicaldreams.bandcamp.com

In early 2015, Tangerine Dream founder Edgar Froese passed away. Like many, I too was shocked by losing one of the founding fathers and main inspirations of the music we love!

A few weeks later, a friend who hosted a radio show - Christian Fiesel - invited me to contribute a track for an Edgar Froese tribute show that he was putting together. At first I hesitated, for I usually don't do tribute tracks and felt that this were shoes to big to wear for me. However, he persuaded me to give it a try, and the result was the central track on this album - "Everlasting Footprints" (a title that has the initials EF!).

Another month later, I was asked to contribute to yet another memorial radio show - and for that purpose created several alternative mixes of that track. One of them is included in this album as well (but not the one that was aired). The two versions of "Everlasting Footprints" are quite different, and I guess it's worth having them both!

At the time, I didn't want to include these tracks on an album, because it would have felt like capitalizing on Edgar's passing. But more than five years later, it seems appropriate to finally release this music.
Of course, I didn't stop recording music since 2015, and in 2018 and 2019, I was yet again invited to contribute to different compilations which were specifically dedicated to Berlin School. Like it sometimes happens, these projects were never released - which turned out as a blessing in disguise, because this is just the music I needed to complement "Everlasting Footprints" and assemble this album - which I'd like to dedicate to the memory of Edgar Froese.

credits

released September 20, 2020

Michael Brückner used the following hardware and software synthesizers:

Waldorf Blofeld, Korg Z1, Korg 05R/W, ELKA Solist 505, Behringer Model D, NI Absynth, U-HE Zebra, U-HE Diva, Propellerhead Reason

Art work by Tony Jimenez

CD-r edition:

michaelbrueckner.bandcamp.com

OfflineView user's profileSend private message    
BruecknerAmbient
One of the Coolest Member

germany.gif

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2020 5:54 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Uwe Saße wrote a positive brief review of "Footprints" for his review page "Sequenzerwelten"...! Smile

Read the (German) original here:

http://www.sequenzerwelten.de/brueckner_main.html?

Or my (rough) English translation below:

"Hmm, Michael has left real lasting footprints here...
.... because this is probably the most typical album in the style of Berlin School that I have heard from Michael!
Michael Brückner on the tracks of Tangerine Dream? Sure, that fits. Whoever reads the liner notes on the band camp site of the Argentinean label "Cyclic Dreams", which released "Footprints", will be confirmed. Because here the idea, or maybe better, the inspiration of this music is explained.
In summary, this has turned out to be a great album by Michael (once again), on which I come to know a new, musical side of Michael.
Excellently exectuted and of course very recommendable again!"

OfflineView user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's website    
CyclicalDreams

blank.gif

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2020 6:29 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Thank you Uwe Very Happy
REWO Records

netherlands.gif

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2020 11:32 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Nice

CyclicalDreams

blank.gif

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2020 4:35 am    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

« REWO Records » wrote:
Nice

Thank you Very Happy . We are listening to your music on Bandcamp. Amazing.

BruecknerAmbient

germany.gif

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2020 7:39 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Sylvain Lupari wrote a glowing review of "Footprints" for his online magazine Synth&Sequences! Mr. Green

Sylvain concludes:

"The German musician signs a huge album with FOOTPRINTS. What we have here is pure Berlin School, with a fine bouquet of Krautrock, offered with the vision of an extremely creative artist who loves to offer us, like this and just for our pleasure, a little masterpiece here and there. Bravo Michael for this superb album which is a source of pleasure in these times of pandemic…"

Five (of five) Stars! *****

Read the full review here:

https://www.synthsequences.com/post/michael-br%C3%BCckner-footprints-2020

CyclicalDreams

blank.gif

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2020 8:02 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Many thanks Sylvain.

Jump to:   

Show permissions

© 2007-2019 EMPortal.info
Original logo design by Kimmo Heikkilä

CrackerTracker © 2004 - 2020 CBACK.de