EMPortal.info Forum Index The Gateway to Electronic Music
Navigation  •   Portal  •   Forum  •   Profile  •   Search  •   SmartFeed  •   Register  •   Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

Sunshine by Danny Boyle

Soundwave
Cool Member

uk.gif

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 12:17 pm    Sunshine by Danny Boyle Reply with quoteBack to top

I saw this on DVD the other day but I'm now gutted I missed it at the cinema.

Some critics slated this film but I personally found it a real stylish treat for the eyes with some classic space thriller elements thrown in although it did kinda remind me of 2010 and Event Horizon in some parts the film certainly stands on its own merit.

Definitely one for the deep space fans! Wink

OfflineView user's profileSend private message    
Starwalker
One of the Coolest Member

usa.gif

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 4:58 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Good movie, very underrated, it crashed at the box office here in the US, but it is a gem IMO.

HiddenView user's profileSend private messageSend e-mail    
Soundwave
Cool Member

uk.gif

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 12:52 am    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Oh yeah I forget to mention the soundtrack was done by Underworld yet had no bangin' "larger-larger" techno beats.
They really know how to do their spacey pad sounds! Wink

Jon

norway.gif

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 6:12 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

John Murphy also wrote the score for this film.

OfflineView user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's website    
ModularG2
Cool Member

blank.gif

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:09 pm    Re: Sunshine by Danny Boyle Reply with quoteBack to top

« Soundwave » wrote:
kinda remind me of 2010 and Event Horizon in some parts the film certainly stands on its own merit

Yes, the Event Horizon part annoyed me big time, until that moment I was considering putting Sunshine in my top 3 SF movies, I was hoping for some vague ending ala 2001 ('Mysteries of the Universe'), that left room for your own interpretation. But turning it into a kind of slasher movie, to me, did not seem to fit the nice build up of the tension/mystery...

Artemi

russia.gif

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:12 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Great movie!

OfflineView user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's website    
Altus
Cool Member

canada.gif

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 3:42 am    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

I hated the "Event Horizon" part too. It wasn't required and cheapened the film IMO. However that won't stop me from purchasing when it's released on DVD (or hopefully an HD format).

OfflineView user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's website    

Jump to:   

Show permissions

© 2007-2019 EMPortal.info
Original logo design by Kimmo Heikkilä

CrackerTracker © 2004 - 2019 CBACK.de