EMPortal.info Forum Index The Gateway to Electronic Music
Navigation  •   Portal  •   Forum  •   Profile  •   Search  •   SmartFeed  •   Register  •   Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

Online storage

ambientlive
One of the Coolest Member

blank.gif

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 9:32 am    Online storage Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm looking for a place to put the entire Ambientlive catalogue as 256k mp3 files
for a pay-to-download service (or a free-to-download depending on what it is)

Does anybody have any experience please.

How would you do it ?

How about http://www.123-reg.co.uk/online-storage-drive/

Ta

OfflineView user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's website    
Vignoble @ Co.
Site Admin

blank.gif

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 9:36 am    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

What's the web space you require ?

https://twitter.com/emportal

OfflineView user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's website    
M@kz Delissen
Obscurist

netherlands.gif

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 10:26 am    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

If you haven't encoded the whole catalogue yet, I advise you to use variable Bitrate (VBR) quality level 0 (=highest) instead of the fixed bitrate 256k.

Usually, VBR level 0 does not exceed 256k very often, so on average, your files will be practically the same size. The big advantage with VBR is that it uses the amount of bits that is required in relation to the musical signal. More bits for a more complex signal, less bits when it's not needed...

It takes a bit longer to encode, but overall this produces a better quality playback. I have tried both and I haven't used fixed bitrate since...

And it's compatible with all regular playback devices.

My software of choice for encoding is the excellent Easy CD/DA Extractor by Poikosoft. It is only GBP 21,47 for an unlimited licence (install on every computer you have) and lifetime upgrades and support.

blank.gif

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 10:49 am    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

« Vignoble @ Co. » wrote:
What's the web space you require ?

About 10Gb

ambientlive

blank.gif

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 10:53 am    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

« M@kz Delissen » wrote:
If you haven't encoded the whole catalogue yet, I advise you to use variable Bitrate (VBR) quality level 0 (=highest) instead of the fixed bitrate 256k.

Usually, VBR level 0 does not exceed 256k very often, so on average, your files will be practically the same size. The big advantage with VBR is that it uses the amount of bits that is required in relation to the musical signal. More bits for a more complex signal, less bits when it's not needed...

It takes a bit longer to encode, but overall this produces a better quality playback. I have tried both and I haven't used fixed bitrate since...

My software of choice for encoding is the excellent Easy CD/DA Extractor by Poikosoft. It is only GBP 21,47 for an unlimited licence (install on every computer you have) and lifetime upgrades and support.

Looking at what's commercially available, tells me what bitrate the customer expects to get.

I use Audioactive to encode

M@kz Delissen
Obscurist

netherlands.gif

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 11:22 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

« ambientlive » wrote:
« M@kz Delissen » wrote:

Looking at what's commercially available, tells me what bitrate the customer expects to get.

I use Audioactive to encode

Never heard of that encoding prog. Is it any good (f.i. interface-wise)?

A bitrate of 256 is very high quality compared to the usual 128k most people are used to, so just forget about me rambling on about maximum sound quality...As you know I'm somewhat of a hifi-geek, so I musk as for your indulgence every now and then...

netherlands.gif

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 11:46 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

« M@kz Delissen » wrote:

A bitrate of 256 is very high quality compared to the usual 128k most people are used to, so just forget about me rambling on about maximum sound quality...As you know I'm somewhat of a hifi-geek, so I musk as for your indulgence every now and then...

well I use dBpowerAMP Music Converter.
and encode on 320k, but it would be better to do it in flac or shn, but most mp3-players can't read them Sad

HiddenView user's profileSend private message    
ambientlive

blank.gif

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 7:46 am    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

There is totally no point encoding anything other than mp3 or wma

The market will not buy it, why should they, it won't work in their players

dlmorley

blank.gif

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 9:44 am    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

There is the Lame encoder which I think is the best (despite the name!)
You could (if you are a mac user) join .mac
You get 10gb of space and it ties in beautifully with a mac computer and the software supplied.

ambientlive

blank.gif

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 8:44 am    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Audiactive uses Fraunhofer
The interface is simplistic, thankfully

I've chosen to use TuneTribe www.tunetribe.com

Here's one of the first to go up there
http://www.tunetribe.com/Album?album_id=1101571

The rest are being uploaded currently,
Awakenings 2007 volumes 2 and 2.5 will be there very soon

Smile

Jump to:   

Show permissions

© 2007-2019 EMPortal.info