EMPortal.info Forum Index The Gateway to Electronic Music
Navigation  •   Portal  •   Forum  •   Profile  •   Search  •   SmartFeed  •   Register  •   Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

The German EM label: Syngate

René

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 9:17 pm    The German EM label: Syngate Reply with quoteBack to top

Syngate is a fine German label of electronic music of many kinds. This label run by Lothar and Sabine Lubitz started in July 2001. Its first release was "Fade in" by Synrise, number CD-(r)elease 2001. The current issue is CD-(r)elease 2115.

So in almost 6 years time, 115 fine releases have seen daylight up to now. This specialized CD-R label shows not only today's finest German EM available on the Internet, but also fine music from Poland, Italy, Scotland and Belgium. This collective of musicians may surprise you more of their musical craftmanship in a professional way than you may already except.

All releases are of high quality and available top pro-standard CD-R's which are only used in the computer- and music industries. In fact these discs are of the same quality and durable, long lasting archives and giving the listener an excellent performance of our beloved music.

The Collective of artists are:

- Dream Connection
- Alien Nature
- Keller & Sch

Heavyman1
Very Cool Member

blank.gif

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 1:29 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

I agree Syngate are an excellent organisation. There releases are superb and a very good price and their service is very quick. I went to Satzvey Castle gig last year, which was brilliant and I'm going again this year. Laughing Laughing Laughing
OfflineView user's profileSend private message    
René

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 1:39 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

You mean this?:

entrance fee EUR 12,00 included EUR 2,00 voucher for a Syngate product
Opening at 17.00 hours
Closing approx 23.00 hours

Next to the venue there's a very good cafe with real German bread and beer. Hotels nearby, 30 km south of Cologne Airport. Warm atmosphere.

Heavyman1
Very Cool Member

blank.gif

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 2:07 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Hotel nearby just outside Mechernich called the "Eifeltor" - I stayed there last year and I'm booked in for this year. Their website is www.freizeit-insel.de Don't try emailing them, as they don't answer them. Their phone number is on the website. Very reasonable prices.
johnpaul
Even more Cool Member

blank.gif

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 10:09 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

www.syngate.net
Excellent website as well.

SynGate
Das German EM-Label

germany.gif

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 11:43 am    Michael Schumacher Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks from Sabine and Lothar for the friendly words concerning SynGate - We still hope to keep up the work, but it is so much in the meantime, that we often think about following the footsteps of another famous german, Michael Schumacher.

OfflineView user's profileSend private messageSend e-mail    
SynGate
Das German EM-Label

germany.gif

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 11:44 am    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

« Heavyman1 » wrote:
Hotel nearby just outside Mechernich called the "Eifeltor" - I stayed there last year and I'm booked in for this year. Their website is www.freizeit-insel.de Don't try emailing them, as they don't answer them. Their phone number is on the website. Very reasonable prices.

Thanks for this excellent input. I already put this on www.syngate.net

Heavyman1
Very Cool Member

blank.gif

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 1:30 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

No problem - we're already booked into the hotel.

See you there in April.

« SynGate » wrote:
« Heavyman1 » wrote:

Thanks for this excellent input. I already put this on www.syngate.net

EricDraven

usa.gif

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 7:31 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

I've learned to STAY AWAY from any company that uses CDR's, "pro- standard" or not, as CDR's I've purchased over the years [Traumklang, Pyramid Peak] are already beginning to deteriorate!
René

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 7:37 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

« EricDraven » wrote:
I've learned to STAY AWAY from any company that uses CDR's, "pro- standard" or not, as CDR's I've purchased over the years [Traumklang, Pyramid Peak] are already beginning to deteriorate!

I have this with pressed CD's as well. TD's Cyclone is one of them. Bought it in 1991, but it crackles harder than a convention record.

SynGate
Das German EM-Label

germany.gif

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 9:27 pm    Sad Prejudice vs. Live Time Warranty Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi Eric,
this is a sad prejudice!!!

I have, like Rene, a dozen of old jewels of great synthesizer classics from TD, Schulze, Vangelis and Jarre, where the original CDs are damaged in different kinds.
They were always attended like raw eggs.

As long as SynGate Records produced CD-Rs there were NO complaints concerning the quality.

Whoever buys an original SynGate CD-R(elease) will get LIVETIME warranty !!!

Regards
Lothar

Larry

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 6:04 am    CDRs Reply with quoteBack to top

I just noticed this topic...I too try to avoid buying CDRs whenever possible. Unfortunately I've had numerous CDRs go bad over the years - several early Pyramid Peak, several Traumklang, one Syn, a Synopsis, a Kubusschnitt and some others. I finally got smart a couple of years ago and started making backup copies of most (and certainly all CDR) EM I purchase. After years of playing these cheap backup copies, I've never had a single backup go bad. In fact, I've bought close to 2,000 cds/CDRs over the years and have never had a single regularly pressed cd go bad yet - only the CDRs. I'm certainly not bad mouthing any label - and Syngate has some outstanding(!) music on their label (maybe the best), but for the price, I lean towards the regular cds - I know they'll last.
EricDraven

usa.gif

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 7:24 am    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm sorry Lothar, but I'll never trust CDR-S, lifetime warranty or not. Like Larry, I've had close to 3,000 to 4,000 regular pressed CDs over the years and NEVER had one go bad, ever. Maybe if the CDR-S from your label [as well as Synth Music Direct] were say, $5.00 or so, I'd probrably take a chance but paying close to $20.00 each is too pricey for something that has a short lifespan before becoming a fancy, exspensive drink coaster. I mean, after all blank CDR-S are dirt cheap nowadays something like $15.00 for 50 or 100 namebrand blanks and I'm sure way cheaper when bought in bulk. Nah, I'll stick with regular CDs thank you very much.
René

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 12:42 pm    Re: Sad Prejudice vs. Live Time Warranty Reply with quoteBack to top

« SynGate » wrote:
Whoever buys an original SynGate CD-R(elease) will get LIVETIME warranty !!!

Regards
Lothar

And the support of this forum Smile

René

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 12:49 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

« EricDraven » wrote:
Nah, I'll stick with regular CDs thank you very much.

That's up to you. Rolling Eyes It seems to be difficult to make you happy, and although I think you're a good person, I don't get challenged to make you convinced anyhow.

I never got a complaint as well and I am happy to use this format for the first 3 CDs.

During this year the new CD will be pressed one, but only because the sales are good and become better with the month. The minus for me is the amount of work in making them. I don't use normal paper for the booklets, but high glossy photo paper just as Syngate. It takes hours for me to make a big order.

Jump to:   

Show permissions

© 2007-2019 EMPortal.info
Original logo design by Kimmo Heikkilä

CrackerTracker © 2004 - 2019 CBACK.de