EMPortal.info Forum Index The Gateway to Electronic Music
Navigation  •   Portal  •   Forum  •   Profile  •   Search  •   SmartFeed  •   Register  •   Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

Browsers

EMAdmin
Site Admin

blank.gif

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 5:59 pm    Browsers Reply with quoteBack to top

Those who work perfectly are:

- MS Internet Explorer 7
- Apple OSX Tiger Safari

Tips on other browsers more than welcome. Some people may have trouble while using them. Help each other here in this thread.

HiddenView user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's website    
M@kz Delissen
Obscurist

netherlands.gif

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 7:27 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

I use Firefox 2.0.0.1, and I have no problems (at least, with this forum).
One of the Coolest Member

blank.gif

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 8:00 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm on Firefox 1.0.7 on several machines, at home and at work, NO problems with any of them, ever, and not just with emportal

OfflineView user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's website    
René

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 8:05 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Then some of us have other problems instead of the browser. Firewalls anybody?

Personally I never use Norton anymore.

M@kz Delissen
Obscurist

netherlands.gif

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 9:08 am    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

I use the NVidia firewall and I have no access problems anywhere. Before, I used the free version of Zone Alarm. Also very good, and no problems with that either.

Most of the time, firewall problems happen because they interact with certain programs in a way that they shouldn't. Some people think that 2 firewalls is better than one. It isn't...

Also the combination with the antivirus program can cause trouble. I use the excellent NOD32 antivirus software by Eset. It is by far the smallest and fastest antivirus program I know, and it is far better than Norton, which slows your PC down. NOD32 doesn't...

One of the Coolest Member

netherlands.gif

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 9:39 am    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Guys,

Let me quickly jump in here as the EMPortal residential techy of sorts...

This site runs the latest stable version of phpbb, which is used by thousands (maybe millions) of fora on the net. It uses what could be considered standard technology: php, dhtml and css. And as far as I know, everything runs through port 80 (standard http port). And except for the jukebox, no flash is used on this site.

This all means that EMPortal should be accessible through any modern day browser (not just the latest versions) on any platform. As this is a normal website, your firewall should have no impact on the visibility of this site (or you shouldn't be able to accessany website anymore).

If you encounter problems reaching emportal.info this most probably is caused by your dns (domain name server). Try to ping www.emportal.info and see if you get any results. Also, try to enter www.emportal.info as your url instead of just emportal.info.

Thanks,
VCO1

OfflineView user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's website    

Jump to:   

Show permissions

© 2007-2019 EMPortal.info
Original logo design by Kimmo Heikkilä

CrackerTracker © 2004 - 2019 CBACK.de