EMPortal.info Forum Index The Gateway to Electronic Music
Navigation  •   Portal  •   Forum  •   Profile  •   Search  •   SmartFeed  •   Register  •   Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

Tangerine Tree/Leaves

Eric G
Even more Cool Member

sweden.gif

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:45 am    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Anyone who has CD(R)s from the 1976 tour and would like to share could send me a pm.
Thanks!

OfflineView user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's website    
sparrow
One of the Coolest Member

scotland.gif

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 6:32 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

« rattymouse » wrote:
« sparrow » wrote:
I have all the TT/TL and being honest it is an exausting and daunting thought to play every single one. I've only listened to very few and some of them are excellent and some not worth having at all. I do wish CDR's had a long lifespan.

What kind of life do you get out of a CDR?

I read somwhere 8 years max. Tapes last much longer but are sadly almost extinct. I have some recordings on cassette made in the late 70's that still play OK.

OfflineView user's profileSend private message    
White Eagle

germany.gif

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:12 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Hello all together!

I am new to this forum and this is my first post here.

As a long time fan of Tangerine Dream and Klaus Schulze I am always looking for new music of these great musicians.

I have some of the first sets of the Tangerine Tree series, which I ordered some years ago. I think there is some great music on it. I like the concerts of the 70s the most.

I ordered these sets from Heiko Heerssen in germany. I met him after some TD concerts and think he was a very friendly guy. Then he closed the Tangerine Tree project because of private reasons (and because TD wanted him to do so?) I donīt know. I never heard anything of him since then.

A little bit later I tried to ask some TD fans where I could get the rest of the Tangerine Tree series. I asked some fans after concerts or try to write it in the TD forum some time ago (there is some actually discussion again about it in the TD forum now). But I always became very curious reactions.

I absolutely understand Heiko Heerssen, who did not made copies any longer. But I donīt understand the fans reaction about it.

I sometimes saw some of the Tangerine Tree discs on ebay or on various online stores for a very high price and that is not correct. But I think when a fan asks another fan where to get some copies of it, it should be no problem to get some help.

The Tangerine Tree is a fan project and it should be naturally that if some newer fans had not the chance to get these discs between 2001 and 2006 they now can get them for free somewhere (and there are a lot of newer fans). And I think these fans will only use it for private and do not sell them anywhere.

So I hope that these people who like the music of Tangerine Dream very much get the chance to get these discs unproblematic... or where they only for the die hard fans who ordered all 200 discs at once?

sparrow

scotland.gif

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:40 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Heiko had a multiple CD burner whereas most of us only have one ..It would take a lot of time to get the discs made up and sent to you White Eagle. My burner is in fact broken at the moment ..but I wouldn't have the time to burn off all the discs you required. Two or three maybe but not all of them. Sorry I can't be of any more help.
phaedra2008

australia.gif

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 5:38 am    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
I have all the TT/TL and being honest it is an exausting and daunting thought to play every single one. I've only listened to very few and some of them are excellent and some not worth having at all. I do wish CDR's had a long lifespan.

Same probelm here, listened to a dozen or so when it arrived, with so much new music available it becomes lower priority.

Quote:

Nobody can tell, so far, the initial predictions have let us down.

Too many factors affecting it, disc media, blue, green, gold, silver, brand x or y, all claim the best. Safe bet is to buy the most expensive branded types perhaps.

Then the burner type, the burning software and how fast it was burnt.

These all contribute to the same thing-uncertain & deteriorating life span.
Avoid them as much as possible.

On the other hand, the CD lives on despite of aluminium oxidization, CD rot, these are very rare cases.
CDr's were meant to emulate CD's but over time they had to be specced down.
I may well find one day some of TT/TL not playing 100% anymore.

White Eagle

germany.gif

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:04 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

I absolutely understand if somebody tells me he could not burn 100 CDRs because of the time it would take.

But in the pastime when I asked fans some of them became very unfriendly and gave me the feeling that I asked something illegal. Is it so that these discs were only for the die hard fans who bought all at once? All I want is that the people who like to hear this great music get a little more help.

Is there eventually a website in the net where you can download this music for free? (there was a site some years ago). I searched for it but found nothing seriously.

Please donīt misunderstand me, most of the TD fans I met where really nice people. But in that case a few of them became very curious.

VCO1

netherlands.gif

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:38 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

« White Eagle » wrote:
Is there eventually a website in the net where you can download this music for free? (there was a site some years ago). I searched for it but found nothing seriously.

At least TT1 to TT6 are available as torrents.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 7:14 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

« sparrow » wrote:
« rattymouse » wrote:
« sparrow » wrote:

I read somwhere 8 years max. Tapes last much longer but are sadly almost extinct. I have some recordings on cassette made in the late 70's that still play OK.

My first CDR is over 11 years old. It still plays fine. I have a replaced a few CDR's, but only because they got scratched. I haven't experienced them "dying" Smile

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 7:20 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

« sparrow » wrote:
Heiko had a multiple CD burner whereas most of us only have one ..It would take a lot of time to get the discs made up and sent to you White Eagle. My burner is in fact broken at the moment ..but I wouldn't have the time to burn off all the discs you required. Two or three maybe but not all of them. Sorry I can't be of any more help.

My burner is broken as well. But I used to do a lot of copying TT/TL discs until it got so boring and time-consuming I stopped with it completely. So I won't be of any help, either. I could probably provide some links instead, but that's it, really.

White Eagle

germany.gif

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:11 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Some links would be very helpful.

When I searched for downloading the Tangerine Tree I only came to sites where I have to pay a lot of money or torrent sites where I donīt know if they are legal...

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:25 am    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

« White Eagle » wrote:

When I searched for downloading the Tangerine Tree I only came to sites where I have to pay a lot of money or torrent sites where I donīt know if they are legal...

Let me repeat myself. Distribution of Tangerine Tree/Leaves (be it torrents or CDRs) is no longer permitted by TD, so either way you obtain the sets, you are breaking the rules. Arrow

phaedra2008

australia.gif

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 1:47 am    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

White Eagle,
I'll get a small 1TB external HDD as a carrier and back up all the CDr's over-2-3 weeks.
Technically, I'll send you my back up for safe keeping Laughing and in exchange for the service, there is no cost to you.

It looks like you'll enjoy those recordings more than most of us anyway.
I'll count them over the weekend, I know there was one more batch, 20-30 that came out after I bought my set, a friend told me, so he may have them.

redphil

blank.gif

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:24 am    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

« Pertou » wrote:
« White Eagle » wrote:

Let me repeat myself. Distribution of Tangerine Tree/Leaves (be it torrents or CDRs) is no longer permitted by TD, so either way you obtain the sets, you are breaking the rules. Arrow

Was it ever actually 'permitted' and if so by who exactly. the record company? And what is the difference between breaking the 'rules' and breaking the 'law' ?

None of these were ever official releases, and so must be 'illegal'. I see no difference between obtaining them now and obtaining them when they were 'permitted'.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:39 am    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

« redphil » wrote:
I see no difference between obtaining them now and obtaining them when they were 'permitted'.

Okay, your possibly right. But if White Eagle or EricG and others wants to acquire the series now, they should know that there's no legal way to get the TT's and TL's. So if they want them, they have to prepare themselves that they are about to break the law and the rules. End of story. Arrow

White Eagle

germany.gif

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:53 am    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

I absolutely understand Edgar if he donīt want the Tangerine Tree to be sold any longer because some guys did sell them for a very high price.

But there are so much TD fans worldwide who have all the CDs.

And when there are a few fans who didnīt have the luck to get them a few years ago and want to have them now for their only private use... could that be so wrong???

That project was made from fans for fans and every fan should have the right to get them (but not sell them). Thatīs my opinion.

Jump to:   

Show permissions

© 2007-2019 EMPortal.info
Original logo design by Kimmo HeikkilÃĪ

CrackerTracker © 2004 - 2019 CBACK.de