EMPortal.info Forum Index The Gateway to Electronic Music
Navigation  •   Portal  •   Forum  •   Profile  •   Search  •   SmartFeed  •   Register  •   Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

Tetsu Inoue

DeepR
Cool Member

blank.gif

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 1:30 am    Tetsu Inoue Reply with quoteBack to top

I'd like to express how great Organic Cloud is. I feel it should be in any ambient top list. A true gem.

Especially track 3 and 4 are absolutely wonderful. I don't know if you people ever listen to ambient in bed...and it may sound new agy and all...but these tracks sort of lifted me up and really made me feel good. It felt like taking a warm bath. It's not often that I get a physical reaction from listening to ambient.

Which of his collabs with Namlook would you recommend?

OfflineView user's profileSend private message    
Parallel Worlds
One of the Coolest Member

greece.gif

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 2:43 am    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Namlook & Inoue 2350 Broadway 2 and 3.

i still have not listened to 4...

although, some other FAX Inoue cds are also really very nice, but cannot recall their titles now...
best regards, Smile
Bakis.

www.dohkonul-records.com

OfflineView user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteYahoo Messenger    
Syn303

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 10:37 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

I like the Shades Of Orion series and Ambient Otaku (Inoue)
Soundwave
Cool Member

uk.gif

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 7:48 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

I was just listening to Datacide 2 on the way back from work and was thinking of posting an Inoue thread. Shocked

My faves off the top of my head are....

World Receiver
Ambiant Otaku
Zenith
2350 Broadway (any of em tho the new vol4 is getting to be my fave)
Organic Cloud
Dataside 2
HAT DSP holiday
Yolo

I have loads of other (if not most) Inoue including his first proper album Om Instant Enlightenment.

I'm not too sure about some if the more recent microtonal style stuff like Waterloo Terminal and Fragmented Dots as it sounds a little too ramndom to get into for me but his classic hypnotic organic ambient approach is very intoxicating.

An electronic genius methinks. Cool

Does anyone know what bits of kit he uses? I think I hear an MS20 in the early stuff?

Timanfaya
Cool Member

uk.gif

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 10:48 am    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Nice to see Inoue being discussed, so it's time to stop lurking.

I didn't get anywhere with Psycho-Acoustic, Waterloo Terminal or Fragment Dots, either. But since then, Yolo isn't bad, and 2350 Broadway 4 is very nice and growing on me. I might have to get a DTS receiver...

Soundwave, you've got World Receiver top of your list - yes it's a seriously great release, and recently reissued on Infraction Records in case anybody missed it. And Ambiant Otaku, goes without saying.

Recommended collabs with Namlook: 2350 Broadway 3, Shades of Orion (1), 2350 Broadway 2, and 62 Eulengasse. Most of the others are pretty good - I quite like Time2, myself, but it's tricky to recommend.

Other great collaborations: Flowerhead by Datacide, Mu by Masters of Psychedelic Ambiance, and Electro Harmonix and Instant Replay, both with Jonah Sharp.

I could go on...

Soundwave
Cool Member

uk.gif

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 12:13 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

« Timanfaya » wrote:
Nice to see Inoue being discussed, so it's time to stop lurking.

I didn't get anywhere with Psycho-Acoustic, Waterloo Terminal or Fragment Dots, either. But since then, Yolo isn't bad, and 2350 Broadway 4 is very nice and growing on me. I might have to get a DTS receiver...

Soundwave, you've got World Receiver top of your list - yes it's a seriously great release, and recently reissued on Infraction Records in case anybody missed it. And Ambiant Otaku, goes without saying.

Recommended collabs with Namlook: 2350 Broadway 3, Shades of Orion (1), 2350 Broadway 2, and 62 Eulengasse. Most of the others are pretty good - I quite like Time2, myself, but it's tricky to recommend.

Other great collaborations: Flowerhead by Datacide, Mu by Masters of Psychedelic Ambiance, and Electro Harmonix and Instant Replay, both with Jonah Sharp.

I could go on...

I forgot Mu which should be in my top 5!! Rolling Eyes

I didn't mind paying the rip off iTunes price for this album as on CD this album fetches a very high price on ebay.

Parallel Worlds
One of the Coolest Member

greece.gif

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 12:17 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Cymatic Scan (with Bill Laswell) is also very nice, but really dark.
www.dohkonul-records.com

OfflineView user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteYahoo Messenger    
afx

uk.gif

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 10:41 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

After quite a while there is to be a new Tetsu Inoue album to be released on FAX on 21st May 2007 called "Inland"

Below is the press release.......
"The new solo album by Tetsu Inoue, is a very
personal and unique collection of sound compositions, created in
Woodstock, where the natural landscape inspired the Japanese artist
to abandon his usual mode of composition and to apply instead a
completely new method to the original source of his creativity,
minimalist meditative ambient music.
Filigreed soundscapes and floating tone compositions seem to
wander about, appearing to touch each other, then in an instant
flee into the distance, leaving behind a warm sense of well being
and gentle luminosity.
"Inland" is the perception of beauty. It tracks the majesty hidden
beneath the veneer of ordinary existence and invites you to
experience the harmony of nature in perfect synergy.
Dive right in and ponder the notion that the whole is greater than
the sum of its parts . . .
Inland - A trip through the soul of ambient."

Am so looking forward to this.

OfflineView user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's website    
Soundwave
Cool Member

uk.gif

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 7:25 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

« afx » wrote:

Am so looking forward to this.

So am I! Wink

Jump to:   

Show permissions

© 2007-2019 EMPortal.info
Original logo design by Kimmo Heikkilä

CrackerTracker © 2004 - 2020 CBACK.de